Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Old 01-27-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week:

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. close, close, yes
2. Limit bread to one serving a day. yes, yes, yes
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. yes, yes, yes
4. Get out walking, weather permitting. (It's been below zero.) too cold, too cold, hopefully today
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes, yes, yes
6. Move from "healthy eating mode" to "weight loss mode" to shed a few holiday pounds. no, sort of, again, sort of

A tropical heat wave for us today... should be in the mid 20's with a beautiful light snow. No excuses for not hitting the walking trails today!

quinn
Old 01-27-2011, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

cjohnson728 >> thank you!

Wow, it's so amazing to see how many have responded to this thread. Almeeker I was looking at your numbers in your signature and I am so impressed with how much you have lost. Thanks for inspiring me!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I'm going to just say I had a bad day all around and leave it at that. I was rebellious today and didn't meet any of my goals, for no reason other than I just didn't want to. But tomorrow is another day and I know I will do better.

Congrats on a successful day to all who have posted above. You all bring the motivation to the Motivational Thread .
I want you to know that even if you did not meet your goal by MILES and you did it all week, I'd still love you and feel totally grateful for all the support you have given everyone on this site. You have such a giving generous spirit.

That being said, I am so sorry to hear you had a bad day. I hope it is only one day and that the memory of it will pass quickly.

Though I do not personally know you, I get a sense of you on this site. One off day will not undo you, Cassie. And sometimes a person needs to have a little rebellion. I think you will get back on the path. In fact, I know you will. And we will help you like you help us.

Big hugs
Old 01-27-2011, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
almeeker - your numbers are also looking good. You've had a couple very deficient days... I actually like your -303 a little more, but that's just me. Tomorrow you need to get your butt in gear and go visit the Scouts! Yeah donating blood is awesome and kudos to your dad. You use to be the biggest wuss with needles so a few years back I decided to break my fear by donating every 8 weeks, it worked.
Those big deficits only happen on M and W, I work out in the morning at home and then again in the evening at the gym while the kids are at swim practice. -303 is okay, but I really don't lose without maintaining a bigger deficit, stubborn cellulite! I could probably lose maintaining a -300, but let's face it - I'm really good at cheating and in a single cheat I could easily undo a whole week of -300's.

I wasn't allowed to have a fear of needles, mom is a nurse and my younger brother is a severe asthmatic that occasionally needed life saving injections. Mom taught me to do them at a very young age. And then she taught my other brother to give them - on me!!!

Last edited by almeeker; 01-27-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default for yesterday Jan 26

Keep net carbs below 20 Yes.
35 situps on fitness ball every AM Yes.

Stretch for 5-10 minutes every day Yes.

10-30 minutes on bike every day Yes.

large salads/more vegetables every day Yes.

For my internal peace of mind and continued balance:

Knit for a little while every evening. no, not yet!.

Do a little bit of exercise AFTER dinner instead of just in the A.M. Yes.

Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. no - just 5.

Continue to lay out all clothes at night. uh, no again.

Do all dishes before going to bed Yes.!!!

When stressed - breathe!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I'm going to just say I had a bad day all around and leave it at that. I was rebellious today and didn't meet any of my goals, for no reason other than I just didn't want to. But tomorrow is another day and I know I will do better.

Congrats on a successful day to all who have posted above. You all bring the motivation to the Motivational Thread .
You know what Cassie, a healthy diet is a lot like a job, so every now and then it's okay to call the office and say "I'm um, (fake cough cough cough) sick and won't be in today".
Old 01-27-2011, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Rose stuff with neighbors can be so hard because it feels like you literally live with them.

I agree with Mern. I think anything after 9 am is cool. However, I don't even know if you have to go to her and ask her what time she gets up; that could be an unpleasant scene.

If she keeps banging or responding negatively then maybe a polite note inquiring might be OK. But if you do your thing at reasonable times, what can she do? The cops won't come for errant exercisers who disturb sensitive individuals for 2 whole minutes at a clip, even 3x.

Last edited by canary52; 01-27-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
You know what Cassie, a healthy diet is a lot like a job, so every now and then it's okay to call the office and say "I'm um, (fake cough cough cough) sick and won't be in today".
I love this. Almeeker, you have such a way with words!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks Mern!

I appreciate the advice. I definitely want to stay on good terms and I will try and figure out with my neighbor what her schedule is and when is the best time for me to do my workout. I was also thinking of moving the workout to my dining room that way I will be farther from her bedroom.

I have also thought about getting back to running outside although I can't do that every day. I stopped running in mid November when all the snow started but I just got some Yak Trax to wear on my running shoes so I will give that a whirl on Saturday morning.

Thanks again Mern! Best of luck to you too!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Rose I so feel your pain, I've had my share of horrible neighbors. You've been given some solid advice here. You might also consider getting up earlier to work out in hopes that she'll sleep through it. Or maybe you can find a yoga video for the mornings, and save the Shred for evenings. Or maybe you can work out in a different room, so your pounding would end up over the kitchen or something. I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's not like she can have you arrested for working out in your own home. And seriously I wouldn't worry about her being annoyed, clearly it's time she had some annoyance come her way - for a change.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-27-2011 at 02:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.