Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 05-20-2011, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

Nothing, nada, zilch, nil. No loss this week although I have not gone over 1000 cals per day. I have hay fever, feeling pretty sorry for myself, streaming eyes, sneezing, not sleeping. But it's the lack of weight loss that is getting to me, I am so scared that I will creep up again even though I am generally being very careful. A week or so ago I was looking at myself in the mirror and thinking I looked way better, today I'm thinking " who are you kidding, you are still more than 25 lbs over your goal weight, that's a lot of blubber". How do you all cope with the down days? Talk to me people please, I need support. Dee thank you for your words, as always they are a great help in bolstering my flagging spirits.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Lizzie,

First time writing to you, I just saw your post and you sound upset. I can't say that I have been following your loss but what I see in your signature is good. I may also be biased because we have a similar starting weight and now I am also at 155.

BUT the point of my post is relax! Your week with no apparent loss may be do to so many reasons. If you know you have eaten well then just wait it out and you will see the loss, probably next week you will show good numbers. Just don't get discouraged. You say you have hay fever, maybe your body is a little swollen and thats what the scale is showing.

You have lost almost 20 pounds that is a LOT! Sure you still have 25 more to go, but in no way should you let yourself feel bad! Its a journey so we have to be patient. I am sure you are looking better and you will continue to do so.

When feeling down, I suggest going for a walk, do your nails, or go to sleep. I always wake up feeling better.

Hang in there!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Lizzie, what the heck are you talking about? The scale isn't moving??? Maybe not this week but last week you lost 2.5 lbs which was wonderful, but you know as well as I do that the lower you get the longer it takes. Last week I was at 149.1 on one morning, yesterday the cast comes off and this morning I was 149.7 and I haven't had any unplanned slips, I say unplanned because I know if I am going to eat something I shouldn't then I skip a meal or cut the dinner calories down to the bare minimum. So what did I do today, I went out and bought a new battery for my scale, I knew it wasn't me so it had to be the scale......wrong again. So now I am convinced that my bathroom floor isn't flat and is causing the scale to give false readings, again I am an idiot, started looking into possible causes and nothing sensible comes to mind so I will just behave for the weekend and take whatever comes on Monday, its only a slight disappointment but one I will live through, its either that or drive myself crazier than I already am. I know there is a reason for the gain but if I don't know what it is then I just have to accept that it is what it is and go on. I know I am rambling again but I think you get the picture, you are doing great and for whatever reason you didn't have a loss this week, next Thursday before you leave on your trip you will be right where you need to be to enjoy your few days in Paris.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:09 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you both for your wise words. I was feeling pretty upset and for what reason? I think I had a bit of a panic attack and it wasn't so much the nil loss it was more "OMG is this where I start putting it all on again" I've given myself a good talking to because I know that my head is in the right place with this journey and I don't intend to give up. Goals are not set in stone, they are something to aim for and as someone once said" if you find a path has no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere" Today I'm going to go for a walk and then come home and start my spring cleaning. I need to do some exercise to work off last night's meal out as unfortunately my low mood turned into an excuse to have goodies, but today is a new day and I'm not even going to feel bad about yesterday, it happened, now let's move on.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Much better day today and exercise too. My partner tells me he has lost 9 lbs since i last saw him 4 weeks ago, I really want him on this journey as he needs to lose about 60lbs. He does exercise, cross trainer and cycling but he eats large portions and takeaways and he likes his wine. It would be easier if we were together, I could manage his food and he could motivate me to get moving but we are where we are and i think if i keep losing he will want to do the same.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Thats awesome, do you think he is doing it because you are? Men hate to be shown up. Unfortunatly I live in a house full of skinny guys, they can all eat what they want and never gain an ounce, not that I would ever wish this on any of them but it would be nice to have someone to motivate me who is eating the same meals as me.

There was a thing on TV today that had me thinking about you, don't know if you get the Dr Oz show over there but he did an episode on losing weight at 20, 30, 40 and 50. He mentioned that women over 50 burn 200 less calories per day than younger women.

Just saw on the news about the volcano, is it going to cause a problem with your flight on Thursday?? I certainly hope not you really deserve this little holiday.

Last edited by kajajo; 05-24-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

My fingers and toes are all crossed for my flights, but we just have to wait and see. My partner is aware that he has put on a lot of weight over about 8 years due to his job changing from a very active to a sedentary one. I think my losing has given him a bit of a push, and i know if his mind was really focused he could do this no problem , he was a smoker when we met but as I wasn't, as soon as it started to get serious he just gave up one day and never smoked again. He is also very good at exercising almost every day, but i know that he is not entirely happy in his job, it is also very stressful and he is on his own most of the time and so he turns to food and drink. Maybe we should both have a weekly weighin together over the phone. I don't want to nag him as i know how that can make you feel but i am concerned for his health so maybe if i can lead by example he'll follow.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 PM
FitDay Member

If he is anything like my husband he would rather just do it and not have any fuss made over it, your best bet is just lots of praise for how good he looks, and when you are together suggest better options, in that way we women can so they don't think we are telling them what to do and makes it look like their idea. I will keep fingers, toes and everything else that will cross crossed that your flight gets to leave without incident. As I am leaving myeself tonight for a few days I won't get a chance to write you again before you leave so wanted to wish you a great trip, enjoy yourself.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

I'm off tomorrow morning to that city of croissants, pastries and wine..... Paris. We will be walking a lot so I'm hoping that will balance out any indulgences, but I'm also trying to keep the goodies to a minimum. I'm not taking my computer as I have been working long hours on it for days and I really need a break from everything. However as the man said "I'll be back" keep up the good work all of you and check back in on Tuesday for a full account of the trip. I also wanted to say to all of you who have been affected by the tornadoes that I'm so sorry for your troubles and am thinking of you and wishing you well.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm back

Well Paris was beautiful as always and I walked my little legs off but you cannot spend time on a city break without sampling some of it's culinary delights and I did, so tomorrow I will find out how much damage has been caused. French bread is my downfall, along with pate, cheese and wine. The weather was glorious and we found a lovely little bistro for dinner one evening, but all in all, even with the goodies lined up in front of me, I did not gorge, I chose my treats wisely and in moderation. Now it's back to porridge as my mother would say and as the last few weeks haven't been really good I have a lot of ground to make up. So here I go, wish me luck. On a positive note the first thing my mechanic said when I checked the car in for a service was how much weight I'd lost and how good I looked. Result.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.