Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

Yeah Lizzie!!!!!! thats wonderful, way to go girl so proud of you. For all our lack of confidence in this, look how far we have come. Go back in the posts to the one where you compare both of our weights, it was in my thread on March 10th, at that time we were both at about 167, that is only 6 weeks ago, so you have lost almost 10 lbs in 6 weeks, in the whole scheme of things, how cool is that???? I love to compare my weight loss to things(preferably things I don't eat any more), if I lose 1 lb then I look at a lb of butter and think I don't have to carry that around any more. 5 lbs is a bag of sugar,10 lbs is a sack of potatos. Just think 6 weeks ago you were carrying around a sack of spuds every day, do you think you could literally pick up a 10 lb bag of potatos and carry it with you all day, your arms would get pretty darn tired after a while. You rock girlfriend, keep up the great work. Only 4 more pounds and you will hit a pretty huge milestone, we are going to have to figure out what weighs 20 lbs so you can compare it, I know its not something that I eat, but I picked up a bucket of premixed cement at work last week and it was 10 kg which is pretty darn close, and I could barely lift it.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the positive reminder, we all need those. My big milestone will come when I hit 153 as it will be the first time in many many years that I am under 11 stone. When I was around 34 yrs old I had surgery and as I worked in the hospital I saw my notes, I was horrified to see that the Dr had written that I was mildly obese and then I was 147lbs. Following the surgery I was very ill and came home 2 months later around 126lbs, I so wish I had kept better track of what I was eating and drinking then but I went through a lot of tumultuous years and dieting was the last thing on my mind. Now my goal is 130 and it seems such an unattainable goal at times but with help I think I might just make it. I watched the Royal Wedding today and then got stuck into cleaning the
house for my mum's visit on sunday, food wise I was good but today I am hungry and am desperately staying away from the fridge, now I'm looking for a good movie to take my mind off my rumbling tum.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning friend, I didn't watch the wedding live as it came on here at 4 am, I am sure during the day that I caught most of it though as it was the only topic on most news stations and every talk show. You wouldn't know we had a federal election next week as the only thing on the news Friday was the wedding. I have to say Kate looked stunning, I loved her choice of dress, and William looks more and more like his uncle Edward every day, I am not a fanatic when it comes to the royal family but as transplanted Brit I still like to keep tabs on what they are doing, I even met the Queen when I was 7 years old and was chosen to present her with flowers on a visit to Canada. And if everything had gone according to plan I would have married Andrew many years ago :-)

I am sure you have mentioned before but I can't remember and am too lazy to look back, but how tall are you? My lowest post children weight ever was 134 and people often told me I looked ill, which is why I am aiming for 140 this time around, I am not sure it is obtainable, I certainly hope so. I can't remember ever in my adult life being in the 120's.

Enjoy your weekend and your visit with your mum on Sunday. My daughter is supposed to be home this weekend to help me out, I love her visits now that she is all grown and independant, we are closer now than we were when she lived under the same roof with me and we butted heads constantly.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

I have had a lovely few days off work and managed to stay pretty positive about the eating (until yesterday). Saturday I went shopping with my Mum ( she wants new summer sandals) and I saw a beautiful maxi dress which I tried on in my usual size, stepped out of the cubicle to show Mum who thought it was a little low in the front and starting discussing my boobs pretty loudly as she is quite deaf. The conversation centred on how other people lost theirs when they lost weight and how come mine were still big and i would need to lift the straps on the dress to haul them up a bit. I had already decided that the dress seemed to be a touch big on me so I tried a smaller size and wow, it fit beautifully, still showing a little cleavage though so I was unsure. As I stepped out of the cubicle a lady who was browsing nearby said, " people pay a fortune to have a bust like that, don't be ashamed of it, just wish mine was as good" I appreciated what she said but I still felt a little uncomfortable so didn't buy the dress. Later we went to the supermarket and in walked a woman and her husband, and she was wearing a much more revealing maxi dress with no appearance of self consciousness at all. I got to get me some more confidence.

Sunday was Mum's 81st birthday and she came to my house for dinner, with my son. We had a lovely meal in the garden as it was really warm and sunny, but of course it's been ages since I had 3 courses and as I wasn't driving, some wine and I made a little piggy of myself I fear, now it's wait out to see how this will affect my loss this week.
On the plus side I gave Mum and son the rest of the dessert and the cream and the last of the wine to take home, to save me from further temptation.
About 10 minutes after they had left I got a text from my son, " Forgot to say that I noticed you have lost weight and that you look amazing Mum." And I thought he hadn't noticed......
Old 05-03-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

First of all let me say, you have to go back and get the dress, don't worry about the low neck line, if you got it, flaunt it. I too am rather well endowed in that area and I love wearing low neck lines, my old thinking was it would draw eyes away from the other parts of me that I didn't want people concentrating on, now my husband says I am just an exibitionist. Secondly what a wonderful son you have, probably a good thing he texted you though, if he had said it in person if your are anything like me you would have embarrassed him. My dad's 80th bday was yesterday but we had his party on Sunday and I was so good with my eating, and alcohol was not even an option with the drugs I am on, though my brother kept offering to make me a drink, calling it an activator. I did skip lunch that day so I could indulge in a small peice of cake, I knew we would be eating an early dinner also, and I stuck to some lean roast beef with no bun and lots of salad. Good luck on the scale tomorrow and again, go get the dress!!!!!! There is no way that I know of on this site to send someone a private message so I will have to ask here.....Are you on Facebook, if so add me, my email is [email protected], would love to have person to person conversations with you.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:59 PM
FitDay Member

Dee, meant to say on your post hope the eye improves soon, you don't need another problem to slow your recovery. As I promised that this would be a truthful diary, I have to report a weight gain of 1/2 lb. I thought that I had not been too bad over the past week but I didn't complete my food count for a couple of days and I guess that I was eating more than I admitted to. Sooo, it's the start of another week for me and this will be a very strict one as I absolutely don't want to start creeping up again. In 3 weeks I hit Paris and I WILL have met my mini goal by then. I had to put on a work uniform on tues that I haven't worn in a while and it felt so light and roomy, no strained pockets or top, belt had to be adjusted in, tummy wasn't pushing against the fabric, IT FELT GREAT and I don't want to go backwards, I'm counting on this site and reading about all you wonderful people to push me forwards. thanks for sharing, it really helps.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:48 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go on your resolve not to start going backwards, that half lb is nothing in the whole scheme of things. Doesn't it drive you crazy though that you can put on a pound in one day of bad eating but it can take a week of behaving to get rid of it again. Doesn't it feel good when you try on clothes that now feel like a sack on you? Today I am going to bring all the summer clothes out of storage and go through them, chances are I will have to go shopping for all new clothes and send all the others to the second hand store. The only issue with that is that I still haven't finished losing weight and am not sure I can justify buying all new clothes that are going to be too big for me in another months time(I hope). So did you go back and get the maxi dress? They are all the rage over here at the moment but I can't see me wearing one, I have always thought that my legs are my best feature even when I was heavy, so why would I cover them up?
Your mini goal is to lose 6 lbs by the time you go to Paris, I think its completely doable, you just have to kick yourself every time you think of eating or drinking something you shouldn't and you will make it, I have faith in you.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

I have been very good today, and I went shopping for lots of healthy salad ingredients and fruit etc. I didn't buy the dress but that was because it was pretty expensive and like you I suddenly thought that if this time I really do reach my goal weight I'll not have gotten much wear out of it. Already this past month I bought a new spring coat but it can be worn later in the year when I have my jumpers on again so it won't matter if it gets a bit big. I had three beautiful pairs of trousers which I bought in sales last year but they were too tight, now they are pretty loose so although they are much nicer than what I would normally wear to work I feel that I have to start putting on my good clothes
otherwise they'll never see the light of day. This is my dilemma, I lose weight so I want to buy nice new clothes as I'm looking better but I want to keep losing so it seems extravagant to buy things that may not fit for long, but then again it's a good dilemma to have. Anyway I'm off for a decaf before bed.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down Disappointed and disgusted

I have been on a bit of a binge this weekend and I am so disgusted with myself. It has been a social few days and I could blame my friends for taking me out and feeding me drink and food but the truth is I am the one who has let myself down and who had another glass of wine which led to eating the crisps and nuts and chocolates, none of which I needed. Alcohol feeds my depression, which in turn makes me eat rubbish, so why drink? On Friday I drove so I didn't drink but I watched my friends enjoy themselves, on Saturday the same, so tonight when my son came for dinner I opened a bottle of wine, and all he'll broke loose, the meal I had prepared was good, lamb and salad with some corn on the cob, no starter, no pudding, but when he left I went mad, hunting for nibbles and I found them. So now i'm in bed feeling lousy. I can't even describe how bad I feel.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

You recognize what went wrong and now you can do something about it. My first question though is why do you have the junk in the house. Purge yourself of all the crap in the cupboards. Its harder for me having all the skinny men living under my roof, they have loads of crap and I just have to try to avoid it and not always successfully. Yesterday hubby bought a dozen donuts and left them sitting on the table, they keep whispering my name but I am not paying attention. As for alcohol we never have any in the house so its not a temptation. If I want a glass of wine I have to go out for it and its just too much bother. Climb back on board you still have a ways to go before your trip and try not to beat yourself up too much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.