Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 05-09-2011, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

The junk was left over from visitors, but the wine is a fixture. However I poured the remainder out this morning cos I knew that by this evening I would think, I'll just have to finish this with dinner otherwise it would be a waste. So good day today, salad with some lean ham and a little bit of cheese for dinner. Also got in 30 mins dance exercise with the Wii.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

I want a Wii but my living room is so small I would be bumping into everything if I tried, and there would be no sense putting it in the boys game room as I would never get a chance to use it. Good job pouring out the wine, the calories in alcohol are what convinced me that I just can't afford a single drink while I am doing this. I was never much of a drinker as it is so it isn't something I miss while trying to lose weight. My cousin lost a load of weight last year and she still had her big glass of wine every evening and it didn't seem to affect her weight loss. Even weight watchers allows a glass of dry white wine occasionally, thats just a glass though, not a half a bottle :-)
Old 05-11-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Yes it's the amounts that count and I have a small glass which I mostly use but sometimes I pour out a great big glass when I'm feeling stressed, I wonder can you freeze wine? I could freeze it in little glass amounts and by the time it had defrosted the mood might have gone away. My living room is pretty small too, I keep the Wii propped up under the TV ready to set out and as long as I stay away from the tennis( I ge carried away) I can manage in a small space. Just need to manage more often lol.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default On the road again

things are moving again, down by 2.5lbs I might just make my mini goal this time. My colleagues at work are intrigued by my change of style. As I've mentioned before I have taken to wearing my " good" clothes as I can't bear the thought of throwing them out when they get way too big without having gotten the value of them. These are my most expensive buys ( though mostly in the sales) and at present they are looking good, hanging fairly well, fitting better, so every day my fashion parade goes on. My mother is ecstatic, she is a very classy dresser and even at 81 would not dream of leaving her house looking less than immaculate, my sister is the same but usually I am a very casual, often quirky dresser which doesn't always meet with mother's approval. My best friend ( she of the Big appetite and Tiny size) decided recently to start wearing grown up clothes as she is nearing 50, so I guess I won't look so bad now ( on 2 levels- weight and style) when we go out.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go Lizzie, I am so impressed with your loss this week and even more impressed with how possitive you are sounding and the fact that you are taking the time to look as good as you must feel. You go girlfriend!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Did you go away for the weekend? Missing you here.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Yes I went off to a friend's house fri, stayed over, then it was my great niece Yasmin's birthday and lots of other little bits and pieces. On the whole I have been fairly good, even with the girlies on Friday. Only 10 days to Paris, and of course I have been invited out fri and sat this weekend, I'm going to excuse myself from one of them, way too much temptation. Spent an hour yesterday trying on summer clothes from last year and they are all too big, it doesn't matter with the tops and shirts too much but I have 2 sundresses which I only wore once and now they gape around the bust, but I'm not complaining, and although I saw some nice things when I was out with the girls I decided that as I Am going to lose lots more there's no point just yet and some of last years clothes now look good on me instead of just alright.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM
FitDay Member

Doesn't that feel good. I did the same thing a week ago and had to get rid of a load of summer pants and shorts because I could take them off without undoing them. Most of my shirts I hung onto as it doesn't hurt for a summer top to be a little loose fitting. You must be getting excited about Paris, I would love to go there someday. How long are you going for and how are you going to avoid all the wornderful pasteries and wines? Or are just going to let loose and deal with the consequences when you get home?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

We leave on a thursday morning and come home on the monday afternoon. I am going to try to be reasonably controlled but have a treat at least one of the days, also we should be walking a lot so i hope that will help. Otherwise I will just have to deal with the fallout when i get home. I've come quite far and i don't want to slip back or give up but life is to be lived and savoured so i can't promise to be a saint but I'm not going to go mad and let myself forget what i am trying to achieve. Moderation will be my watchword for this trip, I hope. Dee, Not long now to the big offski, good luck for Thursday as I might not get on tomorrow, but I will be thinking of you.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

Yes the cast comes off tomorrow, I am so excited about it, just can't wait to do some of the simple things that you take for advantage, like walking up a flight of stairs carrying with ease. That is a rather short vacation, I was hoping you would say you were going for a week or two to get some much deserved rest and relaxation. I really hope you enjoy your time anyway and I have no doubt you will do fine with the food and even if you decide to let loose on occasion you will pick yourself right back up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.