FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread anyone? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2607-7-day-motivational-thread-anyone.html)

cjohnson728 12-14-2010 04:18 PM

1. I will sleep at least 7 hours a night. Yes No Yes
2. I will stop working/running around long enough to sit down and eat my meals. Some No Mostly
3. I will take my vitamins every day. Yes Yes Yes
4. I will make it a point to think about things I'm thankful for daily. Yes Yes Yes
5. I will catch up on billing so I can actually get paid for all this work. No Yes, done!!
6. I will get in 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Maybe No Yes
7. I will get in at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily. Yes Yes Yes
8. I will not allow the things I have to do to get in the way of exercise. Yes No Yes

Surely it's Friday tomorrow, right?
Tomorrow? Friday's here?

Hope you all had a great day :)

mommaof2girls 12-14-2010 06:37 PM

Day 2...only 5 more to go :confused:

I will drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day YES
I will keep up with the blog I started as my way of acountability YES
I will start exercising again even if only 10 minutes a day YES
I will stick to my points and not go over them NO...I decided to break my plateau to go up 2 pts today and down 1 tomorrow, hope it works like it used to
I will keep my enthusiasm up for my progress YES
I will try to be more patient with the kids YES we had a wonderful day
I will not be down on myself for little set backs YES
I will plan out Christmas breakfast so it is healthy & easy to eat NO, didn't think any more about it yet

gmantych 12-15-2010 12:59 AM

Report for Tuesday:

1. 1500 calories per day-NO, Yes 1407
2. Exercise 45 minutes per day-Yes, Yes
3. 128 oz water-NO 115, Yes
4. Stay away for the holiday goodies!-No this was my calorie downfall!, Yes
5. Be more patient with DH and children-YES, Mostly
(Borrowed this from mommaof2girls)
6. Stay focused at work-NO, here on FitDay too much!, Nope left early!
(only 2 weeks left here)

Well yesterday was a pretty good day except I hurt my back somehow during my morning workout. I have no idea what I did because I didnt feel anything at the time. I noticed something wasn't right when I went to stretch after. I couldn't bend over. I am at work today but it is killing me to sit in this chair.

Tonight is our girl scout holiday party. Everyone has to bring a covered dish. My DH has been into making homeade cakes lately. So he made one for us to carry. I am so worried about all the food that will be there. How can I resist?

canary52 12-15-2010 01:20 AM

Report for 12/12, 12/13, 12/14

1) meditate; it really helps -yes/ yes/yes
2) get back to writing -no, boo hiss/yes/yes i am determined
3) treat myself better by eating better -yes and the scale finally moved today/yes but ate more/yes but I still had went out to dinner and some treats
4) endeavor to keep those calories at 1500 or lower; plan those meals! -1000, how did that happen? I did plan my meals and ate less, that's how!/1639/1133
5) go to the gym and not overdo it so I can continue to do it - yes and it was great/did floor exercises at home-abs and legs/no
6) bring those clothes sitting on my landing to Good Will -I got them into my car, does that count?/still in the car!/no
7) not say yes when I mean no especially to my child who badgers me till I relent; remember that being a parent isn't being a buddy -eh I'm still a wuss, getting better though/I'm angry at her and I guess I was pretty mean but she wasn't much better (she's 16)/we had a good and necessary talk about our difficulties, good start
8) drink more water!!! I tried! Not 96 oz though!!! I gotta work up to that!!!!/ very dehydrated; I am shrivelling and drying up as I age/drank more (have to keep track)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glenda, I am so sorry to hear you hurt your back. I do this often! What works for me: mild stretching, baths, acupuncture and I do have some back meds that help me. Gee, I hope you feel better! Back pain stinks.

As for your GS holiday party tonight, what I have been doing in cases like this is using my Fitday log to plan. Like last night, I knew I was going out to dinner and the theatre with DH (great time BTW) so I planned my day so I could eat Thai food and also have dessert. I enjoyed myself didn't overeat and got on the scale this morning and actually saw I finally lost weight. So maybe eat a little lighter durign the day (don't starve yourself or it'll backfire) and then you can try DH's cake or whatever else tempts you - a reasonable amount. Eat a little, stop and then say do I want more or do I want to stay on my plan? Just a suggestion!!! Be well!!!

gmantych 12-15-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 28491)
Report for 12/12, 12/13, 12/14

1) meditate; it really helps -yes/ yes/yes
2) get back to writing -no, boo hiss/yes/yes i am determined
3) treat myself better by eating better -yes and the scale finally moved today/yes but ate more/yes but I still had went out to dinner and some treats
4) endeavor to keep those calories at 1500 or lower; plan those meals! -1000, how did that happen? I did plan my meals and ate less, that's how!/1639/1133
5) go to the gym and not overdo it so I can continue to do it - yes and it was great/did floor exercises at home-abs and legs/no
6) bring those clothes sitting on my landing to Good Will -I got them into my car, does that count?/still in the car!/no
7) not say yes when I mean no especially to my child who badgers me till I relent; remember that being a parent isn't being a buddy -eh I'm still a wuss, getting better though/I'm angry at her and I guess I was pretty mean but she wasn't much better (she's 16)/we had a good and necessary talk about our difficulties, good start
8) drink more water!!! I tried! Not 96 oz though!!! I gotta work up to that!!!!/ very dehydrated; I am shrivelling and drying up as I age/drank more (have to keep track)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glenda, I am so sorry to hear you hurt your back. I do this often! What works for me: mild stretching, baths, acupuncture and I do have some back meds that help me. Gee, I hope you feel better! Back pain stinks.

As for your GS holiday party tonight, what I have been doing in cases like this is using my Fitday log to plan. Like last night, I knew I was going out to dinner and the theatre with DH (great time BTW) so I planned my day so I could eat Thai food and also have dessert. I enjoyed myself didn't overeat and got on the scale this morning and actually saw I finally lost weight. So maybe eat a little lighter durign the day (don't starve yourself or it'll backfire) and then you can try DH's cake or whatever else tempts you - a reasonable amount. Eat a little, stop and then say do I want more or do I want to stay on my plan? Just a suggestion!!! Be well!!!

So how did the talk go with DD? I have an 11 year old that I can see myself heading down the same road you speak of!! I think its time for us to sit down and have a nice long chat about our difficulties. I hate to be so hard on her because she is a straight A student, cheers, dances and is in GS all at the present moment. She also plays softball and volleyball in season. Our problems really are just her smart mouth and messy room!!! I cant get the child to keep her room clean much less do any other household chore for the life of me. She knows that I will eventually give in and clean it myself. So I think she just deals with me fussing and sits back and laughs under her breath as I am cleaning away!;)

Thanks for the info! I think I am going to try some stretches tonight and maybe a nice warm bath! My intentions were to workout this morning and try to work through whatever is going on with my back but DH asked me if I was blanking insane!! So I decided to listen to him for once and not workout but it honestly has put me in a foul mood today!!! I dont even feel like myself. So I know I cant take too many days off without exercise.

Great suggestion on the party tonight. I am trying to eat lighter today. But right now I am starving so I am going to get some yogurt. I am really going to try and eat very little of each thing and consider it my dinner. So hopefully someone will bring something semi-healthy since we sure didnt!:D

kittensniffles 12-15-2010 06:35 AM

Thanks for letting me join in ladies!
Here's the update:
1. 72oz of water daily (that's about as much as I can do right now...trying to build)Not Quite
2. Continue to log my food EVERY day (I'm notorious for stopping and starting)Yes!
3. Stay under 1400 cals everydayYes
4. Take the pup on a 40 minute walk a daySadly no
5. Survive finals without letting myself get too stressed out or bogged down (Grad school might just be a synonym for stress I think).Only on left! Good so far!

Stats:
Height:5'9
Starting Weight: 168.8
Current Weight: 166.8
Current goal: 160 by Dec. 26th
Final Goal: 130

canary52 12-15-2010 07:16 AM

Glenda, I am probably not the one to be giving parenting advice at this point. My daughter is basically a good kid, also an A student with a lot of activities (not exercise, which is also a problem) but we're going through very hard times and it's been tough. But I try to keep the lines of communication open and I have been lucky in that she has always talked to me. Until recently. Still she did open up a bit the other night; we've both been very angry at each other and there are definitely trust issues going on, on both sides. We talked till two, thinking it would be a snow day the next day. It wasn't. My bad. Poor kid was exhausted.

Your daughter sounds like a great very multi faceted kid. And the room situation seems to be a common and very frustrating problem. I used to joke that if there were an unsolved crime in my neighborhood, they could have hidden the body in my daughter's room and no one would have found it. It got so bad, she decided to clean it because even she didn't like to be in there. But it's back to looking like a crack den again. Wait is that something live moving on the floor? Is it one of the cats or....shudder to think...

On another issue, I know it is frustrating not to work out but be careful, you don't want to really mess yourself up. Heat and stretching, heat and stretching; that's my method. Hot baths good. Gymrat time not so good. Not just yet.

One last suggestion: you might want to bring something healthy to eat tonight just so you don't have to depend on the friends and neighbors. Even just some store bought hummus and carrot sticks could work. Or maybe eat a little something beforehand (they say a hard boiled egg or cheese stick works to curb appetite.)

Good luck tonight! Let me know how it goes!! And don't be too hard on yourself!!! Your Fitday penpal here is rooting for you!!!

rubypeanut 12-15-2010 11:41 AM

Getting better - Yes, feeling better. Plus, since feeling better, did first workout in 8 days (20 min level 2 30 day shred, usually do level 3 but am still feeling a bit weak).

Plus, after eating 2,500 calories yesterday, stuck to less than 1,000 calories today (that averages out to be not too bad over 2 days, right??!)!

cjohnson728 12-15-2010 04:13 PM

Here's the report:

1. I will sleep at least 7 hours a night. Yes No Yes Not even close
2. I will stop working/running around long enough to sit down and eat my meals. Some No Mostly Yes
3. I will take my vitamins every day. Yes Yes Yes Yes
4. I will make it a point to think about things I'm thankful for daily. Yes Yes Yes Yes
5. I will catch up on billing so I can actually get paid for all this work. No Yes, done!!
6. I will get in 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Maybe No Yes If I count the tea
7. I will get in at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily. Yes Yes Yes Yes
8. I will not allow the things I have to do to get in the way of exercise. Yes No Yes Yes-planned day off

Made pizzelles tonight (I think they are sooo addictive). So far I've held it to one. Will check in tomorrow on how that went ;).

You all are doing really well. Welcome Kittensniffles, hang in there to the moms (thankless job, that), and glad you are feeling better, rubypeanut. Would love to stay and chat but still miles to go before I sleep.

canary52 12-15-2010 09:52 PM

1) meditate; it really helps -yes/ yes/yes/yes I added a minute, silly I know but every bit help
2) get back to writing -no, boo hiss/yes/yes i am determined/does sitting at my desk trying to think stuff up count? I'm gonna say yes
3) treat myself better by eating better -yes and the scale finally moved today/yes but ate more/yes but I still had went out to dinner and some treats/had too much candy, nauseous
4) endeavor to keep those calories at 1500 or lower; plan those meals! -1000, how did that happen? I did plan my meals and ate less, that's how!/1639/1133/1335
5) go to the gym and not overdo it so I can continue to do it - yes and it was great/did floor exercises at home-abs and legs/no/yes gym and i am hurting a bit now
6) bring those clothes sitting on my landing to Good Will -I got them into my car, does that count?/still in the car!/no/it was closed by the time I went
7) not say yes when I mean no especially to my child who badgers me till I relent; remember that being a parent isn't being a buddy -eh I'm still a wuss, getting better though/I'm angry at her and I guess I was pretty mean but she wasn't much better (she's 16)/we had a good and necessary talk about our difficulties, good start/good day with DD
8) drink more water!!! I tried! Not 96 oz though!!! I gotta work up to that!!!!/ very dehydrated; I am shrivelling and drying up as I age/drank more (have to keep track)/ I'm gonna say about 50 oz so it's a start

Ruby, I'm glad you're feeling better; I like how you group your calories but I think that works. Cassie, those pizelles really are addicitve. I could use one or four right now...

How's everyone else doing?