Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread - 11/1/10 >

7-Day Motivational Thread - 11/1/10

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread - 11/1/10

Old 11-03-2010, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default good morning

I am back from my trip to Anchorage. I will simply state that I did not meet all my travel goals, but I did get a lot of walking in. So I think the most important goal I can set for the rest of this week is dont give up. So here goes.

1) Dont give up.
2) Eat less than 1400 each day.
3) Walk on the treadmill 30 minutes each day
4) Do additional strength training or aerobic exercise each day
5) Catch up on thread postings
6) (Insert Almeeker's challenge

Glad to be home! Glad all of you are here to inspire me
Old 11-03-2010, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

The sun is shining here so I am trying to motivate myself to get something done!
Hope you are all having a good day.

1. 96 oz of water each day. YES,YES
2. Stay out of the candy! YES,YES
3. Exercise 5 days this week plus extra ab work. YES,NO
4. No processed foods. SORT OF,YES
5. Clean the junk out of the bedroom that hubby moved there while he started a project in another room.NO, NO
Old 11-03-2010, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Report Card

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, and 1,800 SS. 1,595, 2,296 YIKES!!!
2. Drink 96 oz water everyday. Yes, Yes
3. Exercise M-T-W-Th-S-S, 30 cardio, 15 shoulder, 15 stretching minimum. Yes-1/2-Yes, no-no-noYES-YES-YES dragged out some of my old aerobics videos since elliptical is broken,
4. CLEAN THIS MESSY MESSY HOUSE!!! Cleaned part of one bedroom, Yes, cleaned part of the front porch
5. Plan and prepare healthy dinners. No, fend for yourself night, Yes, chuck roast, sweet potatoes, cole slaw
6. Get to the pool 2x. Not yet, No, YES
7. Order the parts for my broken elliptical. No, No
8. Work very hard toward being a non-nibbler. Med, Bad

Yesterday was sort of a disaster, I didn't sleep well on Monday night and dragged the whole day, self medicated with mindless chocolate binge and intentionally skipped the workout because I was sooooo tired. So far today has been better, fingers crossed here, but it could hardly be worse than yesterday.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

OMG, ROFLOL. Almost peed my pants reading that last post canary52. And no I don't think you're old, I completely burst out into "Suddenly Seymore..." the second I read "feed me". I can sing most of the score from that show, okay maybe "sing" is open to definition, but I know the words and I'm not afraid to belt them out. I've done costumes and props for "Little Shop of Horrors" twice, I loved making the Twooie puppets.

I personally don't think "Bummer" dates you too much, now if you had said "Like OMG, Gag me with a spoon", that would clearly indicate a woman of a certain age...

I tell you what, that rule about clothing appropriate for elementary teachers, yeah that has saved me from countless fashion disasters. Those sorts of shirts always catch my eye and I think "oooh, that's really cute". Yes, it's cute on the hanger, but stretched thin across a pair of lopsided DD cups, it's much much less cute.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-03-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Ok well I haven't posted in a while because its been a terrible week...well terrible since Friday, so almost an entire week. Pretty much am trying to start over with the eating well and running since I took a break on everything good in life since last Thursday night. But I am proud to say that I did run 4 miles tonight and have my 10k to look forward to next Saturday. I am not even weighing myself until then since I think it will take the entire 10 days to get back on track weight wise. But I have set my new and final goal of the year to be at my goal weight of 140 by Christmas instead of Vegas in two weeks....although if I did meet it, it might be an early Christmas miracle. I'm not holding my breath.

Hope everyone's week is going ok or at least better despite the halloween weekend. Keep on keeping on!

Ann
Old 11-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Hunny, I'm slidin' down the slippery slope with you. Hang in there. You and I and everyone else will rein it in and get back on track!

1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. No,Yes, Yes
2. Drink 2.5 -3 of my big blue bottles of water daily.Yes, Yes, No
3. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily.Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Stay 200 calories under what I burn each day this week, to regroup after the past two weekends of being way over.Yes, No (horribly no), Yes
5. Stay on my regular exercise schedule.Yes*, No, Yes
6. Get in at least 25 g fiber each day.Yes-29, Yes-41, Yes-30
7. Take my vitamins.Yes, Yes, Yes

I couldn't face the water today. I think it was because I had four cups of herbal tea because it was so nasty and raw and I couldn't get warm. I never know whether to count tea as water or not????

PS, I also almost peed myself at Canary's post .

Keep on keepin' on; I like it!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-03-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Okay so here is my first report card. After one successful day of the 7-day motivational challenge.

1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. Yes
2. Drink 2 litres of water daily. Yes
3. Eat between 1300-1600 calories per day. 1580
4. Exercise at least 30 minutes per day. 40 min.
5. Take my vitamins. Yes
7. Renew my iron prescription. (I'm anemic.) Not yet

I am sitting here putting off the 30-day Shred DVD that I am pretty bored with. I think I need to get a new DVD (suggestions are welcome!) But for this morning I will muster up the enthusiasm to get it done. I really much prefer running which is what I did yesterday morning. It's so much more fun!

Have a great day, Everyone! And thanks for all the laughs! What an entertaining thread this is!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 11-03-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Today is got to be a better day!

I got on the scale this morning and almost cried. I really fell off the wagon yesterday, even worse than the day before.

I didn't bring any food with me to work so I took that as a free for all!! I had chinese food yesterday, which I have been craving for a while now. Only one bottle of water, no exercise, chocolate, I can just go on and on! I am sick to my stomach now for how I did yesterday. The scales show a 3lb weight gain. What!!! Is that possible? My hope is that it's alot of water retention from all the salt I had.

1. Calories 1500-Yes 1477, NO, NO
2. Exercise 1 hour-Yes, No 30 minutes, 0
3. 128 oz of water-Yes, Yes, NO
4. Fix one new dinner for family to enjoy!!-Not yet-I am not creative especially with new foods!, No, No

I am not giving up though. I did work out for 30 minutes this morning. I had an english muffin with cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast. I am having a salad for lunch. And I plan on drinking all of my water today!!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
I got on the scale this morning and almost cried. I really fell off the wagon yesterday, even worse than the day before.
Hang in there! I am in the same boat as you except mine just lasted an entire week practically. I am mad at myself and now have to spend the next week or two getting back to where I was at. But I know that since I did it once, I can do it again. Good luck!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

I think I really just can't eat anything with sugar anymore. Trying to keep things to just a bite or a little bit here or there does not work for me anymore. It then makes me want to just keep eating more and more of it. So as much as I hate to admit it, I really need to get rid of it for good. Anyone else feel this way about sugar or other foods? Just in a funk today and sad that all my hard work went down the drain again this past week and will have to start over and bust my ass for the next two weeks to catch up again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.