FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread 10/24/2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2219-7-day-motivational-thread-10-24-2010-a.html)

gmantych 10-27-2010 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 23973)
Report card for Tuesday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, 2,455, 1,459 (Much better, whew!)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%, 47%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, YIKES 350!, 261
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes, no
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no, 60-no-yes
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes, yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes chili, yes grilled chicken,

Today was much much better than yesterday, I even managed to keep my calories in check. I'm actually reporting now to keep myself from eating anymore. We'll see if it works, I'm also going to head upstairs and brush my teeth. I might still manage to get my shoulder rehab done today, but so far not yet.

Do you mind sharing with us what you ate yesterday? I would love to see how you ate less than 1500 calories and managed to get in 47% protein.

Thanks!!!!

almeeker 10-27-2010 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by gmantych (Post 24008)
Do you mind sharing with us what you ate yesterday? I would love to see how you ate less than 1500 calories and managed to get in 47% protein.

Thanks!!!!

No problem, proteins are highlighted.

Pre-workout
1 med banana

Breakfast:
2 pieces ww 35 calorie/slice bread, toasted
1/2 cup ff cottage cheese (spread over toast)
24 grams of chocolate protein powder + 1/2 cup almond milk mixed w/ 2 cups coffee

Lunch
2 cups lettuce
3 oz chicken
3 T salsa
1 small tomato (diced)
1/4 cup peppers & onions (cooked with the chicken and taco seasoning)
1 serving Dannon Greek yogurt (some plain on the salad, some mixed with jam for dessert)
1 T low sugar blueberry jam
1/2 small apple

Snack
1 2x2 brownie
1 med banana

Dinner
5.5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
1 T bar-b-q sauce
1/2 cup white sweet corn
1 cup homemade oven fries

EMS1981 10-27-2010 08:04 AM

Count me in too please.
Goals for the week:
1. Drink more water (44oz daily)
2. Go walking/jogging with the hubby at least 3 times this week.
3. Eat less sweets
4. Exercise for 30 minutes on my own without my hubby 3 times this week
5. Keep calorie count under 2000 (I'm trying to be realistic)

It may not seem like a lot but I'm trying to take things slowly or at least one week at a time.

monday- 1. done (44+) 2. done (2 miles) 3. nope 4. nope 5. far from it
tuesday- 1. done (44+) 2. done (2 miles) 3. kind of 4. nope 5. no way
wednesday- 1. done (92oz) 2. done (2 miles) 3. done 4. sure did 5. nope
thursday- 1. done (44+) 2. nope 3. kind of 4. nope 5. nope
friday-
saturday-
sunday-

almeeker 10-27-2010 12:54 PM

Report card for Wednesday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, 2,455, 1,459, 1,495 (Just under, whew!)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%, 47%, 50% (slipped a little today)
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, 350, 261, 190
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes, no, NO
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no, 60-no-yes, 60-yes-yes
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes, yes, yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes chili, yes grilled chicken, yes, spaghetti squash with meat sauce - very yummy!

Feeling pretty good and in control today, although trying to go a full day without nibbling was really hard, more than I can manage actually. I might have to take to wearing white gloves duct taped around my wrists for a while. That could really be great for my diet and with a little moisturizer that could also work well to heal up my cracked dry fingers....

THURSDAY CHALLENGE: Okay tomorrow is going to kick off the Halloween eat-fest in my neck of the woods, littlest DD's pre-school Halloween party at 2:00pm. Guess what I'm taking? The craft project, we grew a ton of little pumpkins this year and have donated them to the pre-school program to decorate. I'm totally off the "sugar high" committee. So tomorrow I plan to abstain completely from Halloween candy. I'm sure I'll have some over the weekend, but tomorrow I'm going to hold out for the full 24 hours. I bought some gum to keep in my pocket for when the cravings are really bad. And I'm going to keep working on my nibbling issue as well.

pottersirus 10-27-2010 08:29 PM

1. Drink 2.5 litres of water . 2 litres ....still nt thr yet :mad:
2. should not eat after 8 pm . 10 pm.... nooo...:mad:
3. do 1 hour of cardio workout . ... missed my work out too :(
4. include sprouted pulses in my lunch. yes
5. Have my bowl of fruit salad . yes
6. have my meals at proper timings : 9-10am brkfast, 12-1pm lunch, 7-8 dinner. yes,yes,no

missed most of my goals today :( had loads to do at work today... cam home late today.... tired to work out..... but i m happy tat i atleast had my fruits n proper lunch today.... previously i used to snack a lot or heavy meals for dinner.... i m happy tat i stuck to fruits today n avoided overeating...
better luck 4 me 2row in keeping my goals

eltaco 10-27-2010 09:16 PM

Did not have time to post yesterday. My week is just getting busier!!!

Almeeker - I am in with the Thursday challenge of no Halloween treats. I have to bake cupcakes for my son's class party tomorrow and baked goods for his Running Club's Carnival on Saturday morning. Tonight is my daughter's ceremony for making the 600 Club (perfect score on state testing) which will include lots of sweets! We have two Halloween parties this weekend (Saturday and Sunday evenings) and two birthday parties (Saturday and Sunday afternoon)! I may have to consider no treats at all this weekend. If I start, I may not have the self control to limit...especially with my frame of mind lately!!! The candy will be easy; the cupcakes not so easy:eek:

Thanks for the protein info. I have noticed lately how many carbs I have been eating. I really need to get more protein into my day. I will probably start feeling better!

On the upside, I have met my exercise and water goals and have stayed within my calorie range!

Have a great day:D

gmantych 10-27-2010 11:26 PM

Good morning all.

Here is my report for Wednesday. I did pretty good yesterday!

Calories-1500-YES
Water-128 oz-YES plus a little more
Exercise-45 minutes-1 Hour
Clean hall closet-not yet:(Saturday)
Find one new low calorie dinner that family loves!-Not yet-I fixed spagetti squash on Monday night. DD and I ate it but no one else would try it. :(Plus is it supposed to be a little crunchy? I think I should have cooked it longer!

I used my 30 day shred DVD this morning. I hope to walk on the treadmill this evening also. The 20 minute workout just doesnt seem to be long enough. Even though I am sweating like a pig and out of breath when its over!

We are half way through with the week. Keep up the good work ladies!!! We are going to be healthy and trim!

Hunny24 10-27-2010 11:59 PM

Run at least 4-6 miles 4 days a week - Did 3 on the treadmill at the gym since the winds are still crazy here and then 15 mins on eliptical.

Lifted at gym as well - Yes

Eat no sugar - No - Had two cookies last night.

Eat more veggies - Yes

mambogirl81 10-28-2010 04:56 AM

Checking in for Wednesday.

1. Drink 96 oz of water-no,yes,yes(plus a little extra)
2. Do extra sit ups if watching tv at night.yes, yes,no
3. Eat more veggies. yes,yes,sort of
4. Not buy junk food even if the kids beg for it.yes,yes,yes
5. No eating processed foods.yes, yes,yes
6. Gym to lift weights or run outside if weather cooperates 4-5 times.yes,yes,yes

I was at the gym on Tuesday doing legs and a guy walked over and corrected my form (in a nice way), and OUCH! do I hurt today! Funny how changing your stance a little can make you find new muscles! I realized that I have been not paying enough attention to form and have just been "getting through" the workouts. Maybe that will be a goal for next week!

almeeker 10-28-2010 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=almeeker;24031]Report card for Wednesday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, 2,455, 1,459, 1,495, 1,621 (over by a pair of cc cookies ARGH!!!)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%, 47%, 50%, 51% cookies again!
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, 350, 261, 190, 300 cookies again!
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes, no, NO, NO!!!
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no, 60-no-yes, 60-yes-yes, 13-yes-yes (I couldn't do more cardio, I broke my elliptical this morning)
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes, yes, yes, yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes chili, yes grilled chicken, yes, spaghetti squash with meat sauce yes (leftover spaghetti squash with meat sauce)

Did pretty well today, especially considering that I went to a Halloween party at school, and 3 separate people were trying to push a cupcake down my throat. It was one of those "cupcake cakes" with a big design across the top of 2 dozen cupcakes. The frosting alone was almost an inch thick!!! Then come to find out the grandma that made the cake is a diabetic. What's wrong with this picture? I had a small handful of Cheetos and a pair of chewy chocolate chip cookies, but not one bite of candy.

WEEKEND CHALLENGE: For many of us this weekend will be one of the hardest of the year, candy candy candy EVERY WHERE!!! So my challenge is to stay on the wagon, and if I slip to get right back on before the next bite goes in my mouth. I'm going to allow myself one little piece of candy each day, but only if my calorie budget allows for it.

Darlean 10-28-2010 01:30 PM

Ugh!

Have had a hectic couple of days. I did get in my exercise early yesterday morning, but we had to travel for my son's last football game of the season so that event took up most of the rest of the day. The whole team seemed to be having an off night at once, and they didn't do well at all. I don't know why, but on the way home I decided that I needed potato chips for supper. It had to just be stress eating. I didn't really go over on my calories for the day, but I felt so gunky. Didn't sleep well in the night, so it was impossible to get up early and work out today. I didn't have any energy. My husband received an award at a luncheon today, and I just didn't want to seem rude by leaving any of the $25 a plate meal behind, right down to the chocolate cake. We'd promised my son that we'd take him to dinner after work to celebrate the end of the football season and he picked Johny Carino's. I had decided ahead of time that I would just have a taste and bring the rest home. That idea flopped. I ate everything on my plate....again. I am stuffed, but remarkably don't feel like so much of a failure. I realize that this is an ongoing process, today was special for many reasons, and I can only analyze my poor food choices and plan my attack for the next time something like this comes along. Thanks for all your help and support; even when I fall down big time.
Tomorrow is another day, right?

susanbfit 10-28-2010 04:00 PM

Well I was going to skip posting today because it was a total bust. I ate so many calories I stopped logging. The potluck at work, the treat after dinner, the candy at the counter... the thing is, I dont even love sweets. My biggest weakness are things like bread and butter. I am frustrated with myself a little, but thinking about what you all said about this being about the long haul, and about lifestyle choices and getting back on the wagon and not losing site of the big picture helps. Tomorrow is another day.

I did do two things in the last couple of weeks tht I'm happy about. I got my teeth (my smile) fixed and I got a hair cut. I know these probably seem like trivial things, but I have to tell you that for the last 24 years (since my son was born) I have put me last, and seldom spent money on things that were deemed unnecessary. And I am always telling myself 'when I lose weight' I'll do this or that. Well, I decided not to wait. I deserve a nice haircut, a pretty smile. Yes, I will always feel a little guilty about it, because there are always others with so much more need than I have, but sometimes it needs to be about me too. A good step toward getting healthy I think.

Good night everyone. Have a great weekend. I'll be leaving for my trip tomorrow and will be back next week around Tuesday night or Wednesday.

Susan

eltaco 10-28-2010 09:04 PM

Good morning!

Darlean and Susan--Thank you so much for your last posts! It inspired me to do better today! We all have those down days where we really fall off the wagon. It is hard to stop the negative self talk sometimes when you go on a binge. Reading about someone else going through the same thing makes you realize you are not a failure but just hitting a bump in the road!

I feel ready to tackle the candy this weekend--and not in a gobble it all down way!!!

Today is a brand new opportunity to a healthier life! It is also my beautiful mother's birthday! I feel so grateful to still have her in my life. From my first conscious recollections of my mom, I see her putting everyone first and not taking care of herself. I see how the extra weight, lack of exercise, and unhealthy eating habits has taken its toll on her. She had a heart attack 3 years ago that led to kidney failure. God bless my amazing brother for giving her the gift of life in one of his kidneys. She is now taking better care of herself and doing well. Watching her over the years has made me realize how important it is to take care of yourself physically and emotionally; otherwise, you are no good to anyone else. I had my children late in life and I want to stay healthy for them. Most importantly, I want to stay healthy for me:)

My goal for today is to just think happy thoughts! I think that will keep the candy at bay!!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful candy-free weekend!!!

Hunny24 10-28-2010 11:35 PM

Yes, thanks for the posts Darleen. I have for the past few weeks now had family parties, hubby's birthday etc fall on the weekends. And what do I go and do...eat a bunch of crap and then not feel good about myself afterwards. The worst part is, that it takes me all week practically to get back to my current weight and yet I still do it.

Well this weekend, nothing is going on since the hubby will be out of town visiting his brother and it will just be the baby and I. Which you would think would be perfect, except for the fact that I like to eat when I am bored. So my goal for the weekend, and I know I can attain it and actually have a full week of eating healthy for once in the past month, will be to stick to my diet and exercise routine and get past my current weight on the scale come Monday.

We all have our challenges and things that cause us to derail from our original goals and plans. But let's try to change those this weekend...make a huge stand against all the things that are trying to sidetrack us and say NO, kick them in the balls and keep going! :) Good luck...I know we can all achieve what we set our minds too this weekend!

gmantych 10-29-2010 01:18 AM

Hey ladies!

I managed yesterday to finish a little under 1500 calories. Yay!! Two days in a row. And my protein has been in the 30's! I didnt work out again last night but I did get up this morning and exercise for an hour.

We are having a halloween party here at work today so I have got to try and be good. I really dont want to ruin it today!

Well my plans for the weekend are to clean out my hall closet(ugh I should have kept my big mouth shut on that one:D) and I have to clean my DH's grandmothers house. With this and Halloween hopefully I will stay off the eating train!

Its Friday!!!!

mambogirl81 10-29-2010 02:44 AM

I think one of the things that I like about Fitday, is that you can read how other people are going through similar struggles, whether it be about foods eaten or not eaten, exercise or life issues. Somehow knowing you're not alone, makes a world of difference, so thank you all for sharing.

Report on yesterday:

1. Drink 96 oz of water-no,yes,yes(plus a little extra),no
2. Do extra sit ups if watching tv at night.yes, yes,no,yes
3. Eat more veggies. yes,yes,sort of,no
4. Not buy junk food even if the kids beg for it.yes,yes,yes,yes
5. No eating processed foods.yes, yes,yes,yes
6. Gym to lift weights or run outside if weather cooperates 4-5 times.yes,yes,yes,yes

I too am in on the" no Halloween candy" track. If I start to eat it, I end up eating it until I make myself sick. I've got five kids going out, and the candy that comes home is INSANE!

commit7780 10-29-2010 04:22 AM

Bad couple of days...

So I was totally in the zone and feeling unbreakable. Last weekend I had some health scares and I didn't want to weigh myself because my stomach felt bloated. Tuesday night I just lost self control and the cravings hit. And I just couldn't put it back together on Wednesday and Thursday. Of course, this frustrates me because I feel like a failure. I used to be able to have spotless control. I just need to stay focused and not give up. Plus, it didn't help that we celebrated Halloween at our school yesterday and it felt like a holiday and the cravings hit me once again.

I now know I DO need this accountability. I can't sluff off because it's inspiring reading your posts daily. So...I'm back on the band wagon with some hefty goals but I want this bad. I'm trying to get pregnant and I want my body to be as healthy as possible for this baby I want so badly. I can do it!!!

Today's goals:
Run 3 miles
Drink 1 gallon of water
Keep calories to 1200 with 135 grams of protein

almeeker 10-30-2010 03:50 AM

[QUOTE=almeeker;24082][QUOTE=almeeker;24031]Report card for Wednesday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, 2,455, 1,459, 1,495, 1,621, 2,371 Ugh, 2 Halloween parties too many
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%, 47%, 50%, 51%, 53% More ugh!
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, 350, 261, 190, 300, 576, Halloween parties all afternoon!! 576 calories is probably a good score compared to what I could have eaten
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes, no, NO, NO!!!, NO on Saturday I'm going to make it up for the week (I hope)
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no, 60-no-yes, 60-yes-yes, 13-yes-yes, NO-yes-NO I usually take Fridays off
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes chili, yes grilled chicken, yes, spaghetti squash with meat sauce yes (leftover spaghetti squash with meat sauce), yes, leftover chili

I did not really meet my own weekend challenge on Friday, but I tried, which helped me keep my calories down. I know 2,371 doesn't look like a low cal day, but given the temptations I faced, it really isn't too bad, seriously there were chocolate bars in my face ALL DAY LONG (the kind I can barely resist on a good day, I only ate 1 1/2 pieces of chocolate candy). I think the key to getting to a healthy weight and maintaining is once you get there is to learn that it's okay to have a treat so long as it's only for special occasions and it's not your normal behavior.

I'm already a little over for Saturday, but I'm going to the gym later and will be trying to keep it to 1,800 calories or less for the day.

gmantych 10-30-2010 12:37 PM

Sorry I havent posted today. I had a post typed up this morning and my computer shut down.:mad: I keep having problems but maybe DH can get it fixed.

I didnt do so well yesterday. I caved and had a cupcake at the work Halloween party. But it didnt stop there. DD had a friend sleep over last night and they wanted to go to a little pizza shop in town. My thoughts were I would just have a salad but I didnt. The pizza looked just too good. And yes it was very good for the time I was eating it. I obviously ate too much because I had a terrible stomach ache when I got home. The only positive was they make their thin crust with WW flour and low fat cheese.

Today I did much better. I worked out for an hour this morning. I have stayed well under 1500 calories. Right now I am at 1200 but I will probably have a small snack before bed.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Look forward to hearing from you soon!

pottersirus 10-31-2010 07:15 AM

sorry, i ve nt posted for past 2 days.... i got some sudden cravings for chocolates and chips for the past two days... which to led to overeating n late night eating too... i dint keep up wid any of my goals ...i think i was very strict wid myself last week n too calorie/weight conscious.... so i went on loose this week.... i ve actually gained 2 lbs this week :( but its entirely my fault for not being able to keep up wid my goals....

i hope to make a better start this week n take off the pounds i gained n also some extra pounds off

xarinn 10-31-2010 08:30 AM

Hey Guys

I have been to busy this week to post daily my achievements from my goals but I wanted to do a week end update. I have managed to achieve all of my goals with the exception of finding something to do with that frozen shrimp in my freezer ( I guess that will be on next weeks list again and why did I buy it in the first place????) and I didn't meet my weight goal I only managed to lose 1.5 pounds but that 1.5 pound lost has now placed me at a BMI of 24.9 and I am now in the healthy weight range for my height and that in itself is a major accomplishment for me because in the last 3-5 years I have always been hovering somewhere between 10-30 pounds above it, just enough to make me think close enough or I could lose that if I wanted to. Well now I have set my mind to it and I will never been out of the healthy range again. Not that I am slowing down my weight loss journey at all, at me height (5'11) the healthy weight range is about 45 pounds so there is still a ways to go before I am truely happy with my weight ( about 28 pounds, I really think that 130 is too small for someone of my height so I have aimed for 150)

Thanks for listening

Andrea

almeeker 10-31-2010 12:25 PM

Report card:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, 2,455, 1,459, 1,495, 1,621, 2,371, 1,892, 2,079
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%, 47%, 50%, 51%, 53%, 58%, 44%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, 350, 261, 190, 300, 576, IDK, IDK
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes, no, NO, NO!!!, NO, NO, YES!!!
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no, 60-no-yes, 60-yes-yes, 13-yes-yes, NO-yes-NO, NO-NO-NO, YES-NO-YES
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes chili, yes grilled chicken, yes, spaghetti squash with meat sauce yes (leftover spaghetti squash with meat sauce), yes, leftover chili, yes - chuck roast, yes - bar-b-q sandwiches on whole wheat

I was sort of good over Halloween, not monumentally fabulous, but I did behave to some extent. I ate a few pieces of candy, more than I'd planned, but fewer than I normally would have, and a ton fewer than opportunity presented. I was sort of motivated by the fact that the scale was down a bit for me this morning. So all in all not too shabby, I didn't fall off the wagon, and I didn't turn into a food natzi. I had one really good moment, the oldest DD said to me "isn't candy pretty much sugar and fat?" And when I said "yep", she dumped a whole bunch of her candy bucket into the bowl we were giving away at the door. Then later she says to me, "if candy is so bad for you, why is everybody giving kids so much of it?". I just smiled at her and said "now that's a very very good question Sweet pea".