FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread 10/24/2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2219-7-day-motivational-thread-10-24-2010-a.html)

gmantych 10-25-2010 12:07 AM

7-Day Motivational Thread 10/24/2010

I thought I would start the thread this week since Susan is out of town. I am looking forward to a great week!

My goals for this week are:

Calories-1500
Water-128 oz
Exercise-45 minutes
Clean hall closet
Find one new low calorie dinner that family loves!

pottersirus 10-25-2010 07:59 AM

@ gymantych.... gr8 2 join u here :) congrats on ur weight loss last week !.... this forum has greatly helped me maintain my goals.... i m lukin fwd to lose another 3 lbs this week.... let's do it ! :D

almeeker 10-25-2010 11:13 AM

I'm in!!! This week I'm going to:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching
6. Drink 96 oz of water
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan!

gmantych 10-25-2010 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by pottersirus (Post 23858)
@ gymantych.... gr8 2 join u here :) congrats on ur weight loss last week !.... this forum has greatly helped me maintain my goals.... i m lukin fwd to lose another 3 lbs this week.... let's do it ! :D

Great job on your loss as well!! I would love to see a 3 lb loss. I am shooting for it this week. I bought two new workout DVD's this weekend so I am changing it up a bit. The one I did this morning was an hour long so I am really trying to get in the hour per day.

Darlean 10-25-2010 01:09 PM

gmantych,

Thanks for keeping us all on track.
I'm really excited about having another week of support with all of you.
I've set some new goals, too.

Hunny24 10-25-2010 01:14 PM

Well this weekend was not good. Didn't even bother weighing myself this morning but I am sure will be back to normal by the end of the week. Goals for me this week:

Running 4-5 days this week, 5 - 6 miles each time plus hitting the gym twice to lift
Eating more veggies...I love my fruit though!
Not eating even one piece of halloween candy! I think that should be ok since we don't get that trick or treaters and whatever is left, the hubby can eat or take to work.

Good luck to everyone this week! Love having to post on here to keep me on track

mambogirl81 10-25-2010 04:11 PM

Is it Monday already?? :D Here are my goals for the week.

1. Drink 96 oz of water ( almeeker, you got me addicted to it!)
2. Do extra sit ups if watching tv at night.
3. Eat more veggies. Last week was low on the veggies for some reason.
4. Not buy junk food even if the kids beg for it. They need to eat better too.
5. No eating processed foods.
6. Gym to lift weights or run outside if weather cooperates 4-5 times.

Have a great day ladies!

gmantych 10-25-2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hunny24 (Post 23869)
Well this weekend was not good. Didn't even bother weighing myself this morning but I am sure will be back to normal by the end of the week. Goals for me this week:

Running 4-5 days this week, 5 - 6 miles each time plus hitting the gym twice to lift
Eating more veggies...I love my fruit though!
Not eating even one piece of halloween candy! I think that should be ok since we don't get that trick or treaters and whatever is left, the hubby can eat or take to work.

Good luck to everyone this week! Love having to post on here to keep me on track

How long have you been running 5-6 miles? I am really interested in jogging/running but I do have one bad knee that has given out on me a few times in the last year. I am hoping that loosing weight will take the pressure off because I never had problems prior to being overweight.

We dont get trick or treaters at our house but my DD and DS bring home lots from their outings! I only like the chocolate but I think I can stay away. DH and I went grocery shopping Friday night and he bought two bags of Reese Cups because they were buy one get one free. Amazing they are all gone and I didnt eat one!!!!

gmantych 10-25-2010 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by mambogirl81 (Post 23881)

Have a great day ladies!

Ha! Yes it is Monday already. You know I usually dread Monday's and still do to an extent but I stay focused on eating/exercise so much more during the week than the weekend. For getting healthier I am glad there are only two days to the weekend!

almeeker 10-25-2010 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by mambogirl81 (Post 23881)

Have a great day ladies!

LOL, good job, I'll see you in the ladies room.

gmantych 10-25-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 23860)
I'm in!!! This week I'm going to:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching
6. Drink 96 oz of water
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan!

My goal is to eat around 1500 calories a day also but I never seem to do that. Here is what I have eaten today so far:

7am-Boiled egg (after workout, I was about to starve)
8:00-WW thin bagel with PB
I felt good for a while then got hungry around 10 so I had cottage cheese with Raisins. Probably should have left the raisins off but not a huge fan of cottage cheese plain.
Lunch-Got a salad from work. It had grilled chicken, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, boiled egg, blue cheese, and avocado. I used a light dressing

So my total calories already is 963. I dont think it really leaves room for an afternoon snack.

What can I do different. I dont know how some of you ladies eat 1200 a day and feel even remotely satisfied!!

Hunny24 10-25-2010 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by gmantych (Post 23897)
I dont know how some of you ladies eat 1200 a day and feel even remotely satisfied!!

I feel the same way!! I am usually around 1500 calories so to cut it down to 1200, I know I couldn't do that on a daily basis. Today yes for sure since I feel bad for what I ate this weekend. But after you run 5-6 miles 4 days a week or so, your body needs a little more fuel. :)

almeeker 10-26-2010 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by gmantych (Post 23897)
My goal is to eat around 1500 calories a day also but I never seem to do that. Here is what I have eaten today so far:

7am-Boiled egg (after workout, I was about to starve)
8:00-WW thin bagel with PB
I felt good for a while then got hungry around 10 so I had cottage cheese with Raisins. Probably should have left the raisins off but not a huge fan of cottage cheese plain.
Lunch-Got a salad from work. It had grilled chicken, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, boiled egg, blue cheese, and avocado. I used a light dressing

So my total calories already is 963. I dont think it really leaves room for an afternoon snack.

What can I do different. I dont know how some of you ladies eat 1200 a day and feel even remotely satisfied!!

I have more and more trouble with the 1,500 calories. In the beginning I used to do 1,200-1,350 all the time, now it KILLS me. I've pretty much had to give up on peanut butter for the time being, because every time I get into it, I'm over by more than a little bit. I try not to eat more than a tablespoon full of dried fruit of any kind, it's nutritious yes, but loaded with calories. I also eat before my workout, usually a banana, but sometimes an English muffin or a piece of toast, so I don't feel like death afterward. That salad sounds yummy, but it also sounds like it's got a lot of calories, you might take out the egg yolk, which drops it by 40-50 calories, and the blue cheese is okay provided you don't get too much of it. Avocados are great, but again loaded with calories that I can't always afford, so usually I have to limit them to not more than once/week.

Darlean 10-26-2010 02:10 AM

Good Day

It was basically a good day. Hubby was a little out of sorts, but I didn't let it get to me. Kept with the program. Tomorrow will be a good day, too. I plan on making it that way.

dysert 10-26-2010 03:58 AM

dysert

:)

Hi I'm new to this. My beginning weight is 219, I've lost seven lbs., my goal is 170. I enjoyed reading all of the posts today. I found it very encouraging. I'm seeing a weight Psychologist for the first time in my life, it seems to be helping. I'm trying to get over this last hurdle in life, and hope this time I can lose the wieght and keep it off.

EMS1981 10-26-2010 05:27 AM

Count me in too please. :)
Goals for the week:
1. Drink more water (44oz daily)
2. Go walking/jogging with the hubby at least 3 times this week.
3. Eat less sweets

It may not seem like a lot but I'm trying to take things slowly or at least one week at a time.

monday- 1. done 2. done (2 miles) 3. nope
tuesday- 1. done 2. done (2 miles) 3. kind of :)
wednesday-
thursday-
friday-
saturday-
sunday-

pottersirus 10-26-2010 05:59 AM

1. Drink 2.5 litres of water . 2 litres :mad:
2. should not eat after 8 pm . yes !!!
3. do 1 hour of cardio workout . ... did turbo-kickboxng 2day... was gr8 fun n sweating
4. include sprouted pulses in my lunch. no :(
5. Have my bowl of fruit salad . yes.... yummy hawaiian papaya wid pomegranate :)
6. have my meals at proper timings : 9-10am brkfast, 12-1pm lunch, 7-8 dinner. no, no, yes

i performed avg today ... may b bcoz i dint actually enter my goals earlier.... i ll try doing better 2row

gmantych 10-26-2010 11:57 AM

Good morning ladies!

Almeeker-Thank you for your response regarding my food. If I get the salad again today, then I am going to take out the egg yolk and the avocado. That should reduce it some. Also this morning I didnt have a bagel. I just had Cottage cheese and oranges. So I will see how long that last. I have been eating bagels and eggs pretty much every morning for a while and I am getting burned out on the same breakfast!

Darlean-I had to laugh at your post this morning about the hubby being out of sorts. Mine is that way this morning. I come to work at 7 on Tues and Thurs so I can leave early and help coach DD cheer. So he has to get up and take both kids to school. Its is always drama!! But I am not going to let it get to me. Great job on meeting your goals yesterday!

dysert-Welcome! Congrats on the 7lb loss!

ems1981-Welcome! I love your quote, "like a tortoise I'll eventually get there"

We are glad to have you both! This is a great thread.

pottersirus-Ok so what is sprouted pulses? The fruit salad you had yesterday sounds so yummy!! Great job on not eating after 8pm. This seems to be my hardest time. Last night I had a bowl of cereal at 10:30!!!:(

Susan-We miss you!!!

I drank all my water yesterday, kept my calories at 1500, and exercised for 1 hour. I am not sure how today is going to go. I really just want to go home and crawl in the bed and sleep the day away! Today is the year anniversary of my mothers death. I was only able to sleep 4 hours last night and woke up this morning with horrible headache. But I pushed myself to workout and come to work!

mambogirl81 10-26-2010 01:33 PM

gmantych- So sorry to hear that today is a sad day for you. I hope that you can fill it with good memories of your mom and that you will physically and emotionally feel better today. Good for you still getting a workout in and going to work.

eltaco 10-26-2010 01:36 PM

Help!!!

Hi Everyone!

I just can't seem to get back on track. I am going through something...not sure what...I think I am starting perimenopause and I can't seem to get myself out of a funk!!! After I returned from the funeral last week, I vowed to get on track but fell off the wagon after only 1 day!!! I have spent the past 4 or 5 days not exercising, not monitoring my food intake, and feeling sorry for myself:eek:

So....I am going to give it another try. I got up this morning and did Core Synergistics--the 1st day of the lean P90X program....and guess what??? I feel sooooo much better already! Now, I have to tackle the food demons!

Goals for the day:

Drink 64 oz water
Stay under 1500 calories
No soda!!!!
Clear my head of negative thoughts!
Post to thread!

Thanks to all of you for being faithful posters!!! While I have not been posting, I have been reading. You really are motivating and helpful in your daily insights.

xarinn 10-26-2010 02:54 PM

Hey Guys

I forgot to post yesterday but i am in for another week. Unfortunately this week I am off to a bad start, yesterday my day was way of kilter and I wasn't home at meal times and it just really messed me up. I ended up having a major binge at like 9:00 last night and now I feel like crap. But that day is over and a new day has begun and back on track. Today is going much better.

So my goals for this week:

1) lose 2 pounds
2) drink my water through out the day and not just all at night
( seriously I drink like 80 oz after 8:00 and you can imagine how that effects my sleep having to get up so many times...lol)
3) still have that frozen shrimp in my freezer so it is on the agenda again this week
4) in addition to my daily workouts try and do 40 minutes of physical work around the house or outside
5) try to put my laundry away every time I do a load instead of just letting it sit clean in the basket

Good luck to all and good luck to myself!!

Andrea

almeeker 10-26-2010 03:12 PM

Report card for Monday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, not even close 2,455 (yesterday was my birthday and I did fine until DH made a pan of brownies)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, YIKES 350!
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes

I sort of gave myself yesterday off, no exercise, too many calories, etc etc. But a woman's 28th Birthday only comes around once a year, right? Today I don't have any excuses left, so I'm behaving myself. Plus I'm wearing jeans that are giving me a noticeable muffin top, which some how or another is a good incentive to stay out of the leftover brownies.

Tamber1969 10-26-2010 04:29 PM

Just getting into the forums here but I think this is a great idea!! I definitely need someone/something to keep me accountable. I gave my trainer public access to my profile but I he's been pretty busy and I don't think he's checked it. So here goes:

Drink 72-96 oz of water daily
Keep Calories under 1500
Exercise at least 1 hour per day
Stay Positive!!!

So Monday I did good and today I am on track so far (despite feeling very worn out-is it really only Tues?!)

I love reading what you are all accomplishing!! It is such a great motivator!! Keep up the good work ladies!!!

Tammy:D

mommagirl123 10-26-2010 04:36 PM

Hi, new here. I've been trying to keep my daily calories between 1400-1600. I used to do 1200 but that's way too extreme for me right now. I'm shooting to just really monitor and record everything, since I'm really just starting out (even though I've been a member for a while). So far I'm noticing that I must have been taking in a ginormous amount of calories before, because I'm hungry even at this rate. Ugh. I'm also trying to throw in some calisthenics every day - at least 10 minutes to start...

Nice to meet you all.

-Sarah

gmantych 10-26-2010 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 23942)
Report card for Monday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, not even close 2,455 (yesterday was my birthday and I did fine until DH made a pan of brownies)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, YIKES 350!
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes

I sort of gave myself yesterday off, no exercise, too many calories, etc etc. But a woman's 28th Birthday only comes around once a year, right? Today I don't have any excuses left, so I'm behaving myself. Plus I'm wearing jeans that are giving me a noticeable muffin top, which some how or another is a good incentive to stay out of the leftover brownies.

Happy Belated Birthday!!

gmantych 10-26-2010 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by eltaco (Post 23936)
Hi Everyone!

I just can't seem to get back on track. I am going through something...not sure what...I think I am starting perimenopause and I can't seem to get myself out of a funk!!! After I returned from the funeral last week, I vowed to get on track but fell off the wagon after only 1 day!!! I have spent the past 4 or 5 days not exercising, not monitoring my food intake, and feeling sorry for myself:eek:

So....I am going to give it another try. I got up this morning and did Core Synergistics--the 1st day of the lean P90X program....and guess what??? I feel sooooo much better already! Now, I have to tackle the food demons!

Goals for the day:

Drink 64 oz water
Stay under 1500 calories
No soda!!!!
Clear my head of negative thoughts!
Post to thread!

Thanks to all of you for being faithful posters!!! While I have not been posting, I have been reading. You really are motivating and helpful in your daily insights.

Glad you are back! Isn't it amazing that when we make ourselves get off the couch and exercise we feel sooo much better afterwards. I wish I felt that good all the time :D
The food demons are knocking at my door today. And I have let them in a few too many times. I actually feel sick! But tomorrow WILL be a better day.

Stay with us. We can do this together!!

gmantych 10-26-2010 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by xarinn (Post 23941)
Hey Guys

I forgot to post yesterday but i am in for another week. Unfortunately this week I am off to a bad start, yesterday my day was way of kilter and I wasn't home at meal times and it just really messed me up. I ended up having a major binge at like 9:00 last night and now I feel like crap. But that day is over and a new day has begun and back on track. Today is going much better.

So my goals for this week:

1) lose 2 pounds
2) drink my water through out the day and not just all at night
( seriously I drink like 80 oz after 8:00 and you can imagine how that effects my sleep having to get up so many times...lol)
3) still have that frozen shrimp in my freezer so it is on the agenda again this week
4) in addition to my daily workouts try and do 40 minutes of physical work around the house or outside
5) try to put my laundry away every time I do a load instead of just letting it sit clean in the basket

Good luck to all and good luck to myself!!

Andrea

How in the world do you drink all your water at night and get any sleep? LOL I try to have mine finished by 5:00 or 6:00 and still have to get up several times.

I think putting the laundry away each load is a great goal. This has always been my goal at home but usually doesnt work out that way. I put several loads up on Sunday and then did a load last night and was confident that I would get it put up. But nope its still laying on the chair that it got folded up on!

gmantych 10-26-2010 07:08 PM

Tammy and Sarah-Welcome! We are glad to have you with us.

We are all here to offer each other words of encouragement, motivation, congrats, pep talks, expertise, whatever, the case may be. FitDay has a great group of women who are more than happy to chat!!!:p

It is nice to have this thread to post to daily. Even if we slip on our goals a little.:rolleyes: (today is more than a little for me)

Hunny24 10-26-2010 07:42 PM

Same goal as last week. Run outside 4 days this week and hit the gym twice. Didn't quite make it that many times last week so trying to do better this time. No sugar besides my sugar free pudding cups for dessert. And eat plenty of veggies. I love them but eating fruit as been a lot quicker and easier so have been choosing that lately and want to change.

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work!

And Almeeker, don't feel bad. My husband's birthday was this weekend which started out with french toast and bacon for breakfast and ribs for dinner and of course had to have dessert. So know all about enjoying a birthday day! Glad you had a good one though!

almeeker 10-26-2010 11:29 PM

Report card for Tuesday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, 2,455, 1,459 (Much better, whew!)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%, 47%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, YIKES 350!, 261
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes, no
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no, 60-no-yes
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes, yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes chili, yes grilled chicken,

Today was much much better than yesterday, I even managed to keep my calories in check. I'm actually reporting now to keep myself from eating anymore. We'll see if it works, I'm also going to head upstairs and brush my teeth. I might still manage to get my shoulder rehab done today, but so far not yet.

Darlean 10-27-2010 01:56 AM

Good night

Today was hectic, but I kept thinking about my Fitday friends and my goals to keep me motivated. My son was supposed to have a football game, but after traveling for over an hour, the opposing team had to reschedule for tomorrow night and failed to let our team know until we were already there. Normally I would have either had a drink when I got home, or just sat around fuming, but I thought of all of you and the goals we made with each other and I got on the treadmill and ran my best 4 mile time ever! Thanks!!! My son and his team weren't upset, so why should I be? Except I had to take time off work to go, and they rescheduled for tomorrow at a time when I'll have to miss half the game. Wish his team luck everyone! I was so impressed with the coach who told the boys that he didn't want to hear any talk, good or bad, when he told them that they had to travel all the way back home for over an hour and come back again the next day. I think it was a lesson to me, too. Their team has a terrific motto, too...."Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard". Don't know who orignally said it, but I think it has merit for all of us. Just because someone can be naturally fit doesn't mean they will stay that way if they don't work at it. And those of us who have to work a little harder at it can reach success if we try harder. Have a good night's rest everyone.

susanbfit 10-27-2010 03:06 AM

Hi everyone.
Gmantych, thanks for starting the weekly thread. I will try to catch up on everyone's posts tomorrow. Glanced through them and everyone seems to be on target or trying to get there. Pretty cool. I will only be around a few days this week, but I am setting some goals too.

Log my food and eat less than 1200 calories each day I'm home.
Eat off the diet menu or salads while I'm traveling.
Get in at least three days on the treadmill, more when the hotel has one too.
Dont give up. (Sometimes you have to keep it simple.)

I am hoping to lose a lot of weight in the next 10 weeks. I plan to focus focus focus.

Darlean, I really like the analogy you made to the coach's instructions to the kids. No doubt, hard work and persistence is whats needed to get us there, and will always be needed to keep us there. We can do it.

-Good night everyone.
Susan

susanbfit 10-27-2010 03:21 AM

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...aypurple-1.gif

Almeeker, Happy Belated Birthday. I think its great you took a day off and enjoyed yourself. I know some eating programs dont allow for deviation, but I think one of the tricks to sticking with a program is finding one that allows you to be realistic about an occasional celebration. Congrats on getting right back on your program. You are always an inspiration to me!

susanbfit 10-27-2010 03:54 AM

Gmantych, I' am sorry to hear about your sad day too. I know how that goes. I miss my mom too. Sending you hugs. P.S. Also, I see that closet goal.. I'll be holding you to it :)

Potterirus - inquiring minds want to know. Whats a sprouted pluses.

EMS1981, Tamber1969, Dysert, Mamogirl18 - glad to see more people joining the weekly thread. I like your goals. Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Eltaco - dont give up. I have had a terrible time getting my head wrapped around healthy eating the last couple of months, but eventually if you just dont give up, its going to take and you will just think.. wow, I'm finally back on track. One day, one week at a time. You can do it.

Hunny24 - I agree that you need a little fuel if you are running several miles a day! Congrats on your exercise commitment.

Xarinn - Congrats on not letting the slipup derail your goals. I'm still looking foward to that shrimp recipe :))

Almeeker - I dont remember what your sholder rehab is for. How'd you hurt it?

Darlean - I like the 'tomorrow will be a good day too because I plan on making it that way' thing too. Thank you. I plan to make mine a good day too!

Well I hope that is everyone. Lots of posts to read. Catching up was fun. :)

I am adding one more goal for tomorrow. I will not spend time 'eating' while waiting for my car to be fixed tomorrow. It is so tempting as the Midas place is surrounded by places to eat, but I can read a book instead or listen to some motivational cd instead.

pottersirus 10-27-2010 06:43 AM

1. Drink 2.5 litres of water . 2 litres :(
2. should not eat after 8 pm . 8.30pm.... missed it... had my zumba class 2day fm 7 to 8.
3. do 1 hour of cardio workout . ... whoa ! its zumba day :D
4. include sprouted pulses in my lunch. yes
5. Have my bowl of fruit salad . yes...
6. have my meals at proper timings : 9-10am brkfast, 12-1pm lunch, 7-8 dinner. yes,yes,no

i had been gulity today , bcoz i had a heavy dinner tonite ( a bowl of fried rice !) n also i ve nt been drinking my water properly.... i hope i dont gain the weight back tat i had lost.....

but after reading thru all the post , i don feel so any more.... esp darlean's post .... yes, hardwork n perseverence will eventually lead 2 success ... luking fwd 2 a more better tomorrow :cool:

pottersirus 10-27-2010 06:51 AM

sorry abt the confusion... pulses include al the peas, lentils n beans varieties.... the germinated form of anyone of them s sprouted pulses.... its more nutritious , has high protein ( n low fat... mostly unsaturated) n low cost... i ve read tat its therefore known as "poor man's meat"

u can do the germination at home or buy it fm store ( bean sprouts).... i mostly ve vegetarian dishes ( seldom ve fish) ... so i felt twas important 2 include protein in sum form as part of my daily diet....

tat clears things up ! ve a gud nite then ;)

Hunny24 10-27-2010 11:00 AM

Was able to go to the gym last night instead of running outside and did 30 mins on the eliptical as well as a ton of core/ab work. Evn threw in some push ups for good measure. I hope to be able to run outside tonight....I am outside of Chicago and anyone reading the news will know we have had 40+ mph winds and even a few tornados touch down yesterday. So hope the wind will be a little better tonight when I want to run. Have a great day everyone!

mambogirl81 10-27-2010 11:05 AM

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ALMEEKER!

1. Drink 96 oz of water-no,yes
2. Do extra sit ups if watching tv at night.yes, yes
3. Eat more veggies. yes,yes
4. Not buy junk food even if the kids beg for it.yes,yes
5. No eating processed foods.yes, yes
6. Gym to lift weights or run outside if weather cooperates 4-5 times.yes,yes

Have a good day ladies! Keep up the good work!

almeeker 10-27-2010 02:07 PM

Thanks for all the B-day wishes. Instead of celebrating my "birthday", I usually celebrate the anniversary of my 28th! LOL. I'm not ashamed of my age, but I absolutely refuse to feel all of those years every day.

susanbfit, I didn't hurt my shoulder doing anything specific, I have something like a bone spur in my acromion. Which I think means I'm getting old, but so far none of the people at that office have officially diagnose me with old age, but I know they are all thinking it... The treatment is exercise and cortisone, and if that doesn't work they can fix it surgically. The PT gave me a list of exercises to do every day, it only takes about 15 minutes, so I'm usually pretty good about it.

WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE!!! I do most of the cooking in this house, and I'm forever having to make food for other things. One of my worst habits is nibbling while I cook, this adds up to a lot of calories that may or may not get logged. I log the ones I can remember, but this is such a mindless habit of mine that I don't always remember doing it. So today's challenge is to keep myself from nibbling. So far so good, but I've had to slap my hands more than once, and that was just to get through breakfast. Which by the way didn't require any cooking...

gmantych 10-27-2010 02:55 PM

Good morning ladies. Well its almost lunch now. I am getting a later start posting this morning.

Susan-Glad to see you here!! I hope you continue to have a good week and take advantage of the hotel's gym! I sure wish I did when I was traveling alot two years ago. I probably wouldnt be where I am at today!!

Yesterday was a horrible food day for me. I finsished in above 2000 calories. But the good news is I got right back up this morning and did my hour workout!! And the scales shows I am down 0.4lbs. So at least it didnt go up with my food downfall yesterday.

I am having a hard time with dinner. I need some new ideas. I feel like we eat the same thing week after week. I like quick fix meals that I can do after work. Or things I could throw in the crock pot in the morning. Any suggestions?