Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010 >

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Community
Notices

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Old 10-22-2010, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by susanbfit
Day's Recap: I was way off track all day. Just couldnt seem to reign in the eating. Yikes on the number of calories. I did make myself go for a fast paced 45 minute walk. Tomorrow is a new day.

My goals for this week:
Eat less than 1400 calories/drink 80 ounces of water: 1646/80, 1363/80, 1077/80, 1265/80, 2757/80
Exercise at least 45 minutes: 60, 30, 30, 70, 45 (BIDIA)
Try to cook two new low calorie meals at least 2 times this week Not yet
Clean out the hallway storage closet – Yes

Extra challenges
Begin Monday: Add an extra 56 ounces of water - 56, 30, 0 xtra, 0
Begin Tuesday: Resist one thing each day - check (donuts), check (the urge not to exercise), check (the urge not to exercise)
Begin Tuesday: Stretch for 10 minutes: 10, 0, 0
Begin Wednesday: Add an extra 10 minutes exercise, check, no,
Begin Thursday: Add new exercise, yes - walked in the beach sand for 15 minutes (BIDIA)
Begin Friday: Plan a new low-cal meal
Susan-We all have days that we just cant stop eating. Its just important to start the next day fresh with a different attitude. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I didnt eat so well yesterday either. My boss' DH works for the Highway Patrol and they had a fundraiser yesterday selling BBQ plates. So of course I had to be supportive and get one! Let me tell you it was so good. I ate the whole plate for lunch!! But the positive side was the family wanted McDonalds for dinner last night so I went and got them food. But I didnt get anything. (and let me tell you the fries smelled so good!!!!) I came home and walked on the treadmill for a mile. Then fixed me a salad and a Healthy Choice dinner!!! That was my second work out for the day.

And I am back on track this morning so I dont feel too guilty about what I ate for lunch yesterday. This is the first time that I honestly think I am going to make it to my goal weight. I know it has alot to do with all of you. I am being held accountable for my actions!
Old 10-22-2010, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Ok dumb question....I drink water all day long and don't keep track of it. Drink it when I need it and I am sure its always more than 8 glasses a day. Why is everyone trying to drink a crazy amount? I love water and its all I drink but I am not going to kill myself to drink my weight in water each day.
It was really hard the first day of the challenge to get in 128 oz of water. But I have continued on all week and I feel like I am starting to crave it now. I have always read that if you are trying to loose weight you should drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces. Which is pretty close to the formula almeeker gave us.

I have noticed that I feel fuller longer during the day and dont have as many cravings as before.

We had a health fair at work yesterday and I had my body analysis done. Oh it was so upsetting but the one thing I couldnt figure out was she told me I was dehydrated!! This was about 2pm and by that time I had already drank 90 oz of water. It didnt make any sense but I do now realize how much water your body really does need!
Old 10-22-2010, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, I'm really glad your DH's surgery went well. Congrats on taking care of yourself under stressful conditions.

Today is a new day. I have a good eating plan lined out and know I can keep on track this weekend. Visualizing myself fit and healthy

Hunny24, another thing I thought of about your water intake. It looks like you are very close to your ideal weight. If the rule of thumb is 64 ounces + 8 oz for every 10 pound overweight, and you are already drinking 65 ounces I guess you are pretty close to where you want to be. Some of us are very overweight, so it makes sense we would be drinking a lot more than you. I agree with almeeker, its always good to measure what we eat and drink - thats why I got fitday in the first place (and for the supportive forums Congrats on your running workout and weightloss so far. Vegas here you come
Old 10-22-2010, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by eltaco
I just finished reading all of the posts! It sounds like everyone has been hanging in there. A lightbulb went off reading the posts about water. I just realized how little water I have been drinking! No wonder I have been so tired and so headachy!!!

I did very well with calories yesterday but I didn't get in any exercise My goals for today:

Drink at least 84 oz of water
Begin the P90X program
Staying within the 1200 to 1400 calorie range

I took my 10-year old daughter shopping for jeans and I felt so badly for her when nothing fit! While she is not by any means fat, she is getting a little thick around the middle! I vowed then and there that I was going to be a better role model for her and show her a healthy way of living. She is at such a vulnerable age so I don't want to give her any indication that she needs to worry about her weight. The best way to do that is to just get her involved with me in healthy eating and exercise.

I hope everyone has a goal achievement day!!! Stay strong for the weekend!!!
Let me know how the P90X goes! I have been reading alot about people on here using it and it seems to be an awesome program. What type of equipment do you need?

I have an 11 year old DD who is at the same place as yours. She is not fat by any means but she does carry a litte extra weight in the middle. She is active, she cheers, place volleyball, and softball. All different seasons though. She was getting up every morning and working out with me but I think she has been too tired lately to get up. But I do try and help her to eat healthier. Alyssa is already worried about her weight and we talk about it alot. I just explain to her that she doesnt need to diet just eat healthier foods and get off the couch! Actually that is where I got my motivition from. A few months ago when she made the cheer squad at school she came to me and said she wanted to slim up a litte bit. So we started walking in the mornings. But when I really got in to trying different exercises she quit on me!!! I have got to find another way to get her motivated again.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Darlean-Congrats on the 2 lb lose!!! I hope to be there with you on Sunday!!

Almeeker-I am so glad to hear that DH's surgery went well. I know you must have had alot of stress on you and now maybe you can breathe a sigh of relief!

Thanks for this weekends challenges. The weekend is always the worst for me because I dont have much structure like I do at work. But I will definatley pay more attention this weekend!

Ladies-what are your plans for the low cal dinner? I am not creative at all with food! I have no idea what I am having tonight. Maybe I will search the internet and find something everyone will like. I love my family to death but they eat inside this little box and it is hard to get them to venture out!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Susan-We all have days that we just cant stop eating. Its just important to start the next day fresh with a different attitude. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I didnt eat so well yesterday either. My boss' DH works for the Highway Patrol and they had a fundraiser yesterday selling BBQ plates. So of course I had to be supportive and get one! Let me tell you it was so good. I ate the whole plate for lunch!! But the positive side was the family wanted McDonalds for dinner last night so I went and got them food. But I didnt get anything. (and let me tell you the fries smelled so good!!!!) I came home and walked on the treadmill for a mile. Then fixed me a salad and a Healthy Choice dinner!!! That was my second work out for the day.

And I am back on track this morning so I dont feel too guilty about what I ate for lunch yesterday. This is the first time that I honestly think I am going to make it to my goal weight. I know it has alot to do with all of you. I am being held accountable for my actions!
Glenda, way to go on not eating any McD's when you bought food for your family. That takes great willpower. I occasionally have melt-downs when it comes to controlling my calories. Its like I turn off any self talk that is saying healthy things, and only listen to some need to feed my emotions rather than hunger.. BUT the great thing is that I can check it and get back on track knowing I'm holding myself accountable with these weekly challenges. Today will be a better day

Quote I read somewhere: If you are eating for any other problem than being hungry, eating will not solve the problem
Old 10-22-2010, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Friday's recap:

Close to getting my gallon plus 57 oz. gone. Not sure I'll make it, but I'll try.
1,270 calories
148.8 carbs
Lifted biceps and triceps for 45 minutes at the gym and did 30 minutes on the step mill.

I'm feeling pretty exhausted tonight. The hubby and I are catching the cold bug here that's been going around. Hoping to go to bed early tonight and feel refreshed in the morning! I also felt weak with my will power tonight and was close to blowing it...but I thought of you guys and my accountability to report to you all... and conquered those temptations. Phew!!! Thank you, thank you.

Hope you all had a good Friday! Tomorrow I'm at 100 carbs and hoping to get a good run in the morning.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all,
Ended up getting a couple of work assignments that will be taking me out of town the next few days, then back for a couple of days and then out for four days again, so I'm probably not going to be able to post much the next two weeks. But I wanted to come here and thank you for joining me on this week's motivational challenge. It has really helped me. You guys are awesome.

I will try to complete the challenges (although I wont be fixing any low-cal meals, I can definitely eat low-cal while I'm traveling.

-Susan <--Visualizing herself doing great the next week even while eating out!

Have a great week!

P.S. Did good today, 1550 calories, okay on water, still need to finish exercising, but I will do it!
Old 10-23-2010, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Let me know how the P90X goes! I have been reading alot about people on here using it and it seems to be an awesome program. What type of equipment do you need?

I have an 11 year old DD who is at the same place as yours. She is not fat by any means but she does carry a litte extra weight in the middle. She is active, she cheers, place volleyball, and softball. All different seasons though. She was getting up every morning and working out with me but I think she has been too tired lately to get up. But I do try and help her to eat healthier. Alyssa is already worried about her weight and we talk about it alot. I just explain to her that she doesnt need to diet just eat healthier foods and get off the couch! Actually that is where I got my motivition from. A few months ago when she made the cheer squad at school she came to me and said she wanted to slim up a litte bit. So we started walking in the mornings. But when I really got in to trying different exercises she quit on me!!! I have got to find another way to get her motivated again.
Hey

I found a great way to get my kids motivated, they are a little younger than yours but I think at 11 she will still enjoy it. We have a dance party in the afternoons. We each grab a bottle of water and crank the radio or a CD or what ever and dance for 30 minutes. It's really fun because you can be as goofy as you want and it is an amazing cardio workout. My kids are still young enough that I get to pick the toons so I just grab what ever I want to rock out to but it you let her pick the music of her choice she would probably enjoy it. We try to have a few warm up songs, about 20 minutes of hard core dancing then a 5-10 minute cool down with slower stuff. I find that the 30 minutes just flies by and often the kids want to keep going!!

Just a suggestion

Andrea
Old 10-23-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

I also have DD's that are on the pudgy side, not fat but comfortably into children's plus sizes. Our oldest DD is 9, and last year when I started doing this I changed the whole family to 35 calorie/slice whole grain bread. Just that by itself took 6 pounds off our oldest, and 4" off her waist. She put a shirt on this morning that I know was skin tight last spring, and it's loose now. She's still a little chubby, so we have a ways to go. I've made a concerted effort to not feed the family different than I feed myself, because in our family of 5, 4 of us are overweight. Last night for dinner I made chicken tacos, with low cal ww tortillas, (60 calories as opposed to 120 for the brand I used to buy). My oldest DD said to me the other day that she missed making pizza, so today when I go grocery shopping I'm going to try and find low fat, low cal ingredients to make pizza for dinner tonight. I'm guessing the secret to that is turkey pepperoni and rf cheese.

Another thing we've done is to find sports that are at different times of the year so they go from one to the next all year long. Today is the last soccer game, and in one week swim club starts. For your money, swim club is by far the best workout and calorie burner of all the sports she does. Our oldest is going to invite a couple of girls from her soccer team to run a 5K with her this spring, so we'll be training up at the Community Center a couple of times/week.

BTW, I LOVE the dance party idea. We have 3 daughters, so there is always a lot of dancing going on anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.