Looking to lose 40-50 lbs!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default Looking to lose 40-50 lbs!

Hi! I'm new here so I'm looking for people like me to be weight losing buddies with. I'm 24 and just had my third daughter 2 months ago, my other two are 2 and 4. I definitely never had any weight problems before having kids, but then something happened when I was pregnant with my first... it turns out that I LOVE FOOD hahaha : ) I'm about 5'11'' and currently weight 216, the most I've ever weighed before (not including when I was preggo). Before getting pregnant with my first I remember standing on the scale and seeing 154 and thinking I was getting fat... boy do I miss those days!! I have a hard time dieting, especially since I'm a stay at home mom with no car while my husband's at work, I don't get out much and I guess I eat when I'm bored. I've just started exercising, mostly riding the exercise bike for 20-40 minutes a day and I'm adding in some yoga/pilates now. I'm also breastfeeding so I'm not planning on doing any crazy calorie restrictions. I love the fact that this burns up to 500 extra calories a day! So is there anyone in the same boat as me who's interested in mutual support?? Maybe weekly weigh-ins/measurments through emails and updates on how we're doing? Anyone out there as bored as I am?? Lol
Old 10-03-2010, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default WOW your me!!

Hey

Reading your post was like reading a post I had written about myself. I am 29 and have 2 children but other than that everything was very similar. I am a stay at home mom though I do work from home for my husband company, my kids are 20 months and 5 years old. I am 5'11" and my highest weight after kids was 212. I remember looking at the scale then and remembering how disgusted I was with my body when it weighed 140 pounds and now just look back and laugh at my stupidity...lol. I managed to lose about 15 pounds when I was breast feeding and then sort of stayed in a holding pattern at 190 for about a year. I started fit day on Sept 7th 2010 and have lost 9 pounds so far. I have by far found the best excercise is when I utilize my kids. We have a daily dance where we crank the radio and dance for 30 minutes and it is the best cardio I have ever had plus they are slave drivers because they don;t want to stop when the 30 minutes us up...lol. I also try and do some strength training at night when they are in bed I usually don't want to do it but after I do I feel great. If I don't do that I try and use my 20 month old to do some weight training when we are hanging out.

Love to hear back from you!!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I didn't realize you need to check back on this to see replies, I thought maybe they would email me or something! Great job on the 9 lbs! It's weird, I just stepped on the scale and unless my scale is broken, I've lost 3 lbs!! I'm suspicious of my scale Lol I've totally cut out greasy fast food and treats for the last week and have been eating smaller meals and healthy snacks inbetween. Plus, exercising almost every day. If I can just keep this up I can hopefully lose the weight faster than I expected. I'm feeling totally motivated right now
Old 10-07-2010, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hey

Yeah the whole replies thing threw me for a loop at first too. It is a wierd way to do it but at least your email isn't clogged with all sorts of junk. Thanks for the congrats on the 9 pounds and way to go on the 3 pounds. I have found that cutting out a lot of the " kid food" ( chicken fingers, grilled cheese etc) seems to make a major difference. I refuse to cook a bunch of different meals so my kids are on a health food kick too now!! it took a couple of days to find stuff we could all agree on but now we are doing great.

Just off to put my son on the school bus so I will post later on today as well

Andrea
Old 10-07-2010, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hey

I was also going to mention before but I ran out of time how frustrating it can be when you are very tall and losing weight. I don't know about you but I have lost almost 10 pounds and really there is not much difference body wise because of my height. I have a friend who is about 5'2 and when she loses 10 pounds it is a major difference on her where as I have not really noticed any difference except on the scales. I know that it also works the opposite way and that it is much easier to hide weight gain when you are tall as well but that can also work to a disadvantage because you barely realize you have gained any weight and then bam your scale shows you 10 pounds heavier. That is just my little rant. Other than that I really like my height!!

Later
Old 10-07-2010, 05:30 PM
FitDay Member

I am not looking to lose this much but I too remember when I saw on the scale I was 138 and thought oh my god, I am so fat!! Now I wish I weighted that much! I am close...147 but still would rather be at 130-135. I know I can get there but still hard. We want to try for another one in the spring so overall that's my main goal. I was at my heaviest, almost 170 when I got pregnant and then added another 40 pounds to that on my 5'5 frame. So proud of the work so far. Keep up the good work ladies...its a logn road but feels so good when you can look back and see what you have accomplished.