Notices

New to Boards

Old 10-06-2010, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to Boards

Good afternoon,

I've been using fitday for about 6 months. However I'm new to the boards. I look forward to meeting & learning from every1.

Have a great day, see you around,

Jenna
Old 10-06-2010, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum!!! You'll find lots of good advice and support here.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Welcome to the forum!!! You'll find lots of good advice and support here.
Thank you!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Jenna

Welcome to the forums, I have only been here for about 1 month but I love it. There is so much support and there is pretty much a thread for everything. It would be great if you could tell us a little bit about yourself, ie. age, weight loss goal etc. But if you are shy that is cool too

Andrea
Old 10-07-2010, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Jenna! Ditto what Andrea and Almeeker said. I have gotten a lot of helpful advice here and the support is priceless. It's just so comforting to be in contact with a bunch of people who totally understand.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Alittle bit about me....I love to have fun and try to laugh as much as possible. I'm a SAHM with a 1 year old. Before I meet my husband and had a baby, I was really into training and eating well. My weight ranged between 135-145. I liked being a thicker toned girl!! Now my current weight it 173. A few months ago I weighed 180 and have been slowly cleaning up my diet and trying to get back into shape. I figured it's been a year and I can't blame it on the baby weight anymore. Plus my doctor says I'm obese and that's a hard thing to hear. And I don't look obese in person. I actually carry my weight well. Lately I've been struggling to keep my weight down it's been bouncing between 178-175 but I know why. It's because I eat great all week and get my workouts in and then the weekend comes and I blow it all. So the last week I have managed to keep my weight at 173.

Chest: 38
Waist 38
Hips:40
Thigh:22
Bicep:12

My goals...Weight goal 140, be toned, to stop drinking diet pop and drink more water, get more workout in, cut the cheating down or all together, get my husband to the healthy side!! Thats all I can think of right now...
Old 10-07-2010, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Jenna

You are a lot like me, I am a SAHM too, I have a 5 year old and an 18 month old. My weight right now is sitting at around 180 but I wan't it to be around 150. I am 5'11" so to look at me I don't look particularily overweight and I am reall only about 5 pounds away from a healthy BMI but I know the number the scale says and I hate it. My husband is a rail and eats everything and anything so it is really hard to be on a healthier eating kick with him around but I am trying my darndest. I told him that I hope to lose 40 pounds ( that was back when I was 190) and he looked at me like I was crazy but I know he has no idea what i actually weigh. I am pretty sure he thinks I am around 160 or so. I don't have the guts to tell him what I actually weigh and I have no idea why but it's just none of his busines!! lol If you are interested you should check out the 30 pounds lost by Christmas thread. It may be a little late for 30 but maybe 20 is doable.

Good luck on getting back on track

Andrea
Old 10-07-2010, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

My husband knows how much I weight, I don't know why I told him. It's so hard with him around too. I eat great all day and then he will bring home something or on the days he's off. But as I keep eating better it's getting easier to say no!! He says he wants to lose weight, but still eats like crap. And I cook and he eats that but if I'm at school or his at work . It's fast food. Hopefully I can get him to start eating better while he's out. I'll even pack him lunch but it doesn't help. Hopefully next week we will get a gym pass and that will help. Maybe I'll try a different challenge cuz 30lbs by Xmas doesn't sound like it will happen. But I'm glad we have a lot in common, it's good to know and will be looking forward from learning from you. Have a good night!!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE. But I'm glad we have a lot in common, it's good to know and will be looking forward from learning from you. Have a good night!![/QUOTE]

I don't know about the learning from me but we can tackle this weight loss together for sure!!!...lol