Community
Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by nru1286
I am extremely frustrated and upset today. I have such a sweet tooth, and all I want today is a cupcake. I am trying to get my mind off of it, and so far I have not caved. I don't know if any of you have a huge sweet tooth or not, but what have you done to get past the feeling of "OMG I NEED A PIECE OF CAKE/COOKIE/CANDY/ICE CREAM NOW!!!" feeling? I'm totally exhausted of all ideas, and I am so very upset right now, I can't even hold back tears.

Any ideas? Help!
I get this feeling every day, pretty much all day long. I keep a few treats in the house for just such occasions. 60 calorie chocolate pudding cups, rf peanut butter on a rice cake or cracker, I'm not much for cake, but there are days I could die for a brownie, so I buy Betty Crocker low fat brownie mix and share it with the kids. As a rule we don't keep ice cream in the house except leftovers from birthday parties, but I've been known to freeze a dozen yogurt cups at a time.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

but I've been known to freeze a dozen yogurt cups at a time.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh what a good idea!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

good idea about freezing the yogurt. We used to freeze little cartons of chocolate milk for a snack. It was fun.

It's the cake that's luring me, though. I was just now leafing through my Hungry Girl cookbook, and I found 3 cupckae recipes, all around 120 calories or so. This excites me, and may possibly be an experiment this weekend.

I'm cooking dinner monday night, so that's why I brought the cookbooks with me to work today. I found a vegetarian quinoa fritter recipe that looks interesting, so I headed over to the store to get a pound of quinoa at lunch. :-) Still looking, though!

Thanks for your feedback. You're amazing. I might actually get through the day. :-)
Old 10-08-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nru1286
I am extremely frustrated and upset today. I have such a sweet tooth, and all I want today is a cupcake. I am trying to get my mind off of it, and so far I have not caved. I don't know if any of you have a huge sweet tooth or not, but what have you done to get past the feeling of "OMG I NEED A PIECE OF CAKE/COOKIE/CANDY/ICE CREAM NOW!!!" feeling? I'm totally exhausted of all ideas, and I am so very upset right now, I can't even hold back tears.

Any ideas? Help!
Here are a few ideas... Bryers ( and some other companies) make a 100 calorie, low fat, low carb ice cream bars.. and fudgcicle. I LOVE the fudgecicle.. soooo chocolate-y. Also, I havent tasted it but saw an ad for Weight Watcher banana split... looked realllllly good! Zone bars ( protein bars ) are sweet, some come in like cookie dough flavors and cinnamon roll flavor( My fav is the strawberry yogurt one) along with all the different choc varieties.
If you like starburst candy... crystal light has something that looks and tastes just like them but sugarless. Look in the sugarless candy section.

There are cookies that come in pre-measured little packs that are 100 calories. I know Oreo has them and several other kinds. Cake I cant help you with since I dont like it lol.

If all else fails, then keep this in mind.. if you NEED chocolate and nothing but a full sized bar will do.. 3 Muskateer has 45% less fat. And Reeses PB cups are not all that bad and you get the protien to boot. Otherwise, try to go the 'fun sized' way because most of them ( if you can eat JUST 1) is under 50 calories. One other thing that helps me is those dum dum suckers.. they come in every flavor I might be craving and I think they are 20 calories each.

I go through this craving a lot, so I hope this helps.

Last edited by GameGal; 10-08-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Pam.

I do have my Skinny Cow ice cream treats that I have every once in a while. I really do love them.

It's just that cupcake craving that I get every so often. I think I found a recipe that I want to try (dark chocolate...mmmm...), but we'll see.

Thank you, though!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

As for those cravings I find that the weightwatchers ice creams and brownies are quite good but when I need the real thing I eat a piece of dark chocolate. Since milk chocolate is my preferred chocolate I find eating a piece of dark satisfies the craving, but since it's not quite my favorite I don't find myself going back for the whole bar.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by maddyhoe
As for those cravings I find that the weightwatchers ice creams and brownies are quite good but when I need the real thing I eat a piece of dark chocolate. Since milk chocolate is my preferred chocolate I find eating a piece of dark satisfies the craving, but since it's not quite my favorite I don't find myself going back for the whole bar.
I should be so lucky, I love chocolate - period. I swear you could dip roasted cockroaches in it and I would eat them.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

Oh I forgot to mention that sometimes I make my own fudgesicles, I take sugar free pudding mix and use skim or light almond milk and make them in my dollar store Tastee Pop maker.

Frozen yogurt is pretty yummy, sometimes I freeze it and then use it to make a smoothie. I like to freeze it for the kids too, some of those Gogurts make great popsicles and are like 80 calories.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I should be so lucky, I love chocolate - period. I swear you could dip roasted cockroaches in it and I would eat them.
As water comes flying out of my mouth at that statement!!! ... LOL! TY almeeker for making me decide I really didnt need dinner tonight
Old 10-08-2010, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I love chocolate too, but I don't think I love it that much !

Now Bailey's on the other hand .... but the bugs get sterilized by the alcohol right??!!!??

It's been a tough week with a setback on the exercise front, with a nagging muscle spasm under my shoulder blade bugging me since Monday morning at 3 a.m. I ate way more than I should and things that were bad for me in a big way. Add in my bloat week of the month and I'm a crabby PITA. (Pain In The A$$)

In an effort to get back into the workouts we picked out a paint colour for our exercise room and I must admit I'm excited about not staring at builder's beige. I'm off to workout, it's a new week mentally at least and need to bust the stress monkey riding me.

Have a terrific weekend friends!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.