Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-06-2010, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the recommendations on the protein bars ladies. I have to make sure, too, that whatever I choose isn't too high in carbs and effects my blood sugar rapidly. I did see the "Pure" and "Zone" bars, so maybe next time I'll give those a try.

@Carren, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Enjoy that nice dinner with your hubby and celebrate a new year in your healthier life!

@Susan, way to go on your pounds lost! You did it! Keep up the good work.

@Almeeker, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I feel the same way about my DH. We'll be celebrating 13 years on November 13th. I don't know what I'd do without him, that's for sure.

@Skinny, Just read through your blog and it really is so inspiring! You must feel amazing -- and you look fantastic! Do keep up the good work and know that you are not only making a difference for yourself, but to everyone that shares the journey with you.

Today is measurement day, so I'm about to do that -- as I forgot to get to it this morning. I haven't been working out everyday, like I did in August, but still managing to get movement in 3-5 times per week. I think that's more realistic for me, and it I don't feel like I'm pressuring myself as much.

Have a good one my 'sweet & sassy' sisters!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Okay let me get this straight, you tell yourself this diet is a marathon not a sprint and this HELPS you? Geez I think I would need to get some IV fluids and lay down once I'd convinced myself of that. LOL just kidding. I usually try and convince myself that I'm developing healthy habits and healthy habits lead to a healthy weight. I've also gotten into the habit of telling myself that I will not be controlled by food, and so when I feel like food is going to control me I fight back (hopefully). I also say to myself that I'm not on a diet, but that this is the way I am now, consistently aware of what I'm putting into my body and that if a food doesn't have any nutritional value then I shouldn't waste my calorie budget on it. It doesn't always work, but it helps more often than not.
Isn't it funny how we use mind games to help us stay the course? I remind myself that it's a marathon because it helps me not to expect fast results. If I keep doing the right things, day after day, week after week, month after month, eventually, I'll see results! It's the only way I can get my head around why I bother to stick with it when the scale barely moves.

I like your habit of telling yourself that you will not be controlled by food! I use that one too. I can't believe that I actually crave apples, pears and banana's now instead of unhealthy high calorie snacks! That's a new one for me. 8-)
Old 09-07-2010, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Post Birthday Delight!

Morning Ladies!

Still the same weight as yesterday, yippee! The benefit of not indulging in birthday cupcakes.

almeeker: Congrats on your anniversary!

Susan8Less & almeeker: Mind games! That is what got me overweight in the first thing. Suppressing emotions - but NOW - like you said, I use them to help instead of hinder.

The sister closest to me in weight buys the nicest clothes and is great for handing them down to me (most of my closet is hers) Recently I had to
tell her that the last batch was a bit on the large side. I think that motivated her to start losing more weight. The problem being now is I HAVE to keep losing weight if I ever want new clothes again! Now THAT is motivation for me - and just a tiche of loving competition I never knew I had in me.

Have fun today! Carren
Old 09-07-2010, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carrenross
The sister closest to me in weight buys the nicest clothes and is great for handing them down to me (most of my closet is hers) Recently I had to tell her that the last batch was a bit on the large side. I think that motivated her to start losing more weight. The problem being now is I HAVE to keep losing weight if I ever want new clothes again! Now THAT is motivation for me - and just a tiche of loving competition I never knew I had in me.
Hehe, that's awesome. And it's great that you may have inspired her to lose more weight!

I love buying new clothes, and the end of season sales were exactly what my tight budget was crying out for. Got a few bargains, and a lovely little coat that's 2 sizes smaller than I would've struggled into 10 weeks ago. No popping buttons and no bulging in sight.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies! I am kinda new - been a member for a few months, but really just started using fitday last week. I am 35yo, approx 5'3" and 225lb - I have a mini goal of losing 25lb, but my ultimate goal is losing 85.
My son & I have been walking 4 days a week before school/work and then I go to an aqua fitness class twice a week.
I've already lost 3 lbs since last Tuesday! Trying to keep it up!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

I think I've hit my first plateau. A week and a half with barely a twitch on the scale, and I'm getting pretty frustrated. Trying to trick my body back into losing weight, and upping the exercise.
Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hang in there Boo, you're doing super! If the scale isn't budging for you -- that's not a bad thing, at least it's not going up, right? You know you're on the right track... and your losses will continue again soon.

Welcome lchamberla! Glad to have you joining us on the forums. I'm sure you'll really enjoy this 100+ group... fun ladies & lots of support / inspiration!

DH bought a blender yesterday so we can make fresh smoothies. Can you believe we've been married 13 years and never owned a blender? *chuckle*
Well, we made a delicious mixed berry smoothie yesterday and now I'm eager to try some of the other smoothie recipes I've found online.

Anyone have some good recipes to share? Feel free to send 'em my way!

Happy Wednesday,
Smoosh
Old 09-08-2010, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Ooooh smoothies, I love smoothies. My favorite one is 1 cup frozen blueberries, a 1/2 cup of skim milk (or ff vanilla yogurt if you're out of milk) and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. It's about 300 calories, 30 grams protein, 1 gram fat, and perfect for breakfast on a hot morning (after you've done your workout of course), or you can drink 1/2 of it and throw the other half in the freezer for something like ice cream later... My other favorite smoothie is 8 cubes of frozen coffee (put the coffee in an ice cube tray), chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup skim milk (or ff coffee creamer), it's about 180 calories and way yummy. I also have a freezer full of frozen strawberries, and with them I make strawberry-banana-yogurt smoothies, with 1 banana, 6-8 large frozen strawberries and a 4-6oz container of strawberry or vanilla, or strawberry banana yogurt, about 200 calories and perfect for an afternoon snack. Kids love them too.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Question Where's the Beef? TMI

lchamberla: hi, glad to have you on this forum!
smoosh: sounds like you are a 'blended/er' family now! LOL
almeeker: between you and smoosh - now I WANT a blender and smoothie.
WLBoo: sorry to hear about the plateau - this too shall pass eh!

Beef: My question, comment, today is = I have a beef with Beef! I am literally up 2.5# from yesterday morning. I am weighing everyday to see how the foods I am eating are affecting me. I sure didn't it to happen so quickly. Well, I can tell you that the only difference from yesterdays' menu to any other day was the Beef. Does anyone else struggle from it staying in your system longer than a 12 hours period. Is this normal? Is there a way to help it move along or should I just be patient? Do you think that psyllium or water would help? Should I just have it once a week or eliminate it all together. It was not a large amount - 2- 4oz MAYBE in a homemade chili (1c) the DH made. Since this is a meat the DH eats a lot of, it is prevelant in the home. I am so confused, Carren
Old 09-08-2010, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi - I'd like to join the club here because I still have a long way to go. I finally decided enough was enough and I'm going to lose this weight and somehow managed to finally find a diet that's working for me. I started on 8/2/10 and signed up on fitday to keep track of things and so far I'm down around 23 lbs. I know I still have plenty of things I should be doing (exercising more, weight training, drinking more water, etc.) but I'm at least moving in the right direction now and I've taken small steps that I've figured to work into my lifestyle.

One of the things that has really helped, even though it's a bit silly, is that I got a laptop lunchbox to carry lunch to work in. I think it's intended for kids but it's a bento-like box with little containers inside and they're all about the right size for the portions I'm eating now. I miss some of the cooking and eating my husband and I used to do and lunches weren't fun but the bright colored containers and everything all organized somehow makes it better.

Thanks for all the inspiring posts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.