FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Need a motivating buddy...20lbs to lose (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1808-need-motivating-buddy-20lbs-lose.html)

kateverod 09-08-2010 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bkeeneefvr (Post 20209)
Yea! Happy a few more have joined us. :) Interesting that you two are around the same weight as me too. Can I just ask one thing? I know everyone is different given musculature, etc., but why is it that a nutritionist told me that if I weighed 150lbs that's good? I'm thinking I'm still overweight at that amount (or at the least on the upper end of that weight range). I'm thinking 137lbs is about right. No real reason to believe that except that it's within the middle of the weight range, and I can grab most of that excess weight in my butt, thighs, and hips. The rest of me is so-so. It gives me affirmation that you both are looking to weigh around the same as me...

It's been a good week for me. I've worked out 6 days this week and going to ramp it up next week with heavier weights and longer runs. So far feeling good during my workouts given that my calorie count is lower.

Can anyone provide some help on the calorie deficit balance on FitDay? I log my activities but can't seem to figure out what I have to do for the rest of the day. I don't want it to be too tedious-otherwise, I won't stick with logging it everyday. Any ideas?

Everyone stay strong over Labor Day weekend and come back to tell us how you did! ;)

I have heard the 150 lbs as well for my height 5'5" - I think it is about BMI and that being the highest weight that is ok? I have a Dr. appt. in October so I am going to ask a bunch of questions - that will be one of them! I40 is my goal for December - but when I do make that (positive thinking) I would like to see how my clothes fit and what kind of balance with exercise/food I can realistically keep going over time with my life schedule. (work 1 hour drive away, 2 kids....)

I have lost 2.8 lbs so far - tough over the holiday with tempation and parties. Hope to make up with exercise this week.

Good luck this week to all!

almeeker 09-08-2010 03:07 AM

Hey ladies, I was just reading all the posts here and realized that although ultimately I want to lose more than 20 pounds (I'm short, just under 5'-2"), I'm in the same age 41 and about the same starting weight. Right now I'm at 159ish and would love to weigh somewhere in the 130's by Christmas, I love the idea that it would be a "Christmas present to self". Last year I bought myself an elliptical, when truthfully all I really wanted was to weigh less. Duh... Live and learn I guess.

For healthy weight ranges my doc always says at 5'-0" it's 100 pounds and you get another 10 pounds for every inch above that, but that's just a ball park estimate. I think the farther you get from 5'-0" the less accurate it is.

I'm so sorry to hear about anyone getting laid off. DH and I have been fortunate in his job so far, but we spend a lot of time with our fingers crossed. They keep saying that the economy is turning around, but I don't really see it here in my neck of the woods.

What day is weigh in?

kateverod 09-09-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 20539)
Hey ladies, I was just reading all the posts here and realized that although ultimately I want to lose more than 20 pounds (I'm short, just under 5'-2"), I'm in the same age 41 and about the same starting weight. Right now I'm at 159ish and would love to weigh somewhere in the 130's by Christmas, I love the idea that it would be a "Christmas present to self". Last year I bought myself an elliptical, when truthfully all I really wanted was to weigh less. Duh... Live and learn I guess.

For healthy weight ranges my doc always says at 5'-0" it's 100 pounds and you get another 10 pounds for every inch above that, but that's just a ball park estimate. I think the farther you get from 5'-0" the less accurate it is.

I'm so sorry to hear about anyone getting laid off. DH and I have been fortunate in his job so far, but we spend a lot of time with our fingers crossed. They keep saying that the economy is turning around, but I don't really see it here in my neck of the woods.

What day is weigh in?

I don't think we were that organized to choose a date ;) any suggestions? Maybe midweek to avoid weekends?

campbellj2 09-10-2010 04:36 AM

Can I join?

Ladies,
I just logged in yesterday with an end date of 12/1/2010. This seems to be the group best suited for my goal. I want to go from 154 to 135 and then take stock.
I've been bike riding every evening from 40-60+ minutes and doing light weights 3 times a week. I'm fairly happy with my fitness level, but really want to shed weight.
Looking forward to working with you.

Jenny

nottango 09-10-2010 11:36 AM

Summary

Hi everyone. Had some time on my hands, so thought I'd post a quick summary for us. Please let us know how you're doing with your goals! We can update them every 2 weeks or so, and if you don't post, we'll assume you don't want to play anymore! Okay?? Welcome all newcomers!
Bkeenever (our leader!) started at 163.9# on 8/21, goal of 138.9# on Christmas
Nottango started at 143# on 8/21, goal of 125# by Christmas
Progress: 138# on 9/10.
zinalstarted at 183# on 8/21
rlynnStarted at 205# on 8/21
LipstickApplesStarted at 160# on 8/31, goal of 140#
kateverodGoal: lose 20#, progress: lost 2.8 so far
theangelaschneiderStarted at 159# on 8/31, goal of 135-140#
Almeekerapprox 159# on 9/8, goal 139# Christmas, LT goal 120#
Campbellj2Started 154# on 9/10 with a goal of 135#

Hope I didn't butcher names too much. Please correct/add any information to keep this current!

Bkeeneefvr 09-13-2010 08:53 AM

Happy Monday!

Good idea about picking a weigh-in date. No, we haven't been that organized. How does Friday morning work for everyone? (I thought that if we weigh in the day before the weekend begins that will just give us extra motivation to be good over the weekends) :-)

I'm sorry I've been out of the loop a bit. Hectic times at work have been distracting. However, the good news is that I've still continued with my good eating habits and exercising. This is my 4th week of REALLY focusing on my health and sticking to it once and for all! I've lost 7.4 lbs in 3 1/2 wks-hoping to make it a solid 8 lb loss by the end of my 4th week.

Welcome to our newbies! I think our weight loss will make it a really special Christmas gift to ourselves. :) Keep up the good work everyone!!

Bkeeneefvr 09-13-2010 09:03 AM

Just saw Kateverod's suggestion of mid-week weigh-in too. Anytime is good with me. I weigh in each day (I know some people frown on that) but it helps me to stay in check.

Congrats on the the weight loss that Nottango reported for her and Kateverod thus far. Please let us all know how the rest of you are doing.

I think now it is critical to get our willpower in check since we have so many Holidays to contend with in Oct/Nov/Dec. It will be a rough ride through the temptations but it's sooooo worth it!!

almeeker 09-13-2010 01:08 PM

I hate to ask this, but I've been having trouble finding this thread to check up on everyone, there are just so many 20lb ones on this forum that I end up reading 3-4 other ones and can't find it. What say we rename it something like "Christmas Club" or "Hot for the Holidays", so we can all find it and check-in regular-like? Just a thought.

kateverod 09-15-2010 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 20928)
I hate to ask this, but I've been having trouble finding this thread to check up on everyone, there are just so many 20lb ones on this forum that I end up reading 3-4 other ones and can't find it. What say we rename it something like "Christmas Club" or "Hot for the Holidays", so we can all find it and check-in regular-like? Just a thought.

I like either suggestion for renaming the thread! I think we should make name unique - I agree it is hard to find.

I have now stayed static at 3.4 lost for a week now... I wonder if that is normal or if I am just forgetting or not correctly tracking the food I take in? Hmmm.... I will have to be even tougher with some of my food choices if I don't loose something (anything!) soon. Has this happened to anyone else - just sort of a stall? It's too soon for a stall! :)

kateverod 09-15-2010 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by nottango (Post 20740)
Hi everyone. Had some time on my hands, so thought I'd post a quick summary for us. Please let us know how you're doing with your goals! We can update them every 2 weeks or so, and if you don't post, we'll assume you don't want to play anymore! Okay?? Welcome all newcomers!
Bkeenever (our leader!) started at 163.9# on 8/21, goal of 138.9# on Christmas
Nottango started at 143# on 8/21, goal of 125# by Christmas
Progress: 138# on 9/10.
zinalstarted at 183# on 8/21
rlynnStarted at 205# on 8/21
LipstickApplesStarted at 160# on 8/31, goal of 140#
kateverodGoal: lose 20#, progress: lost 2.8 so far
theangelaschneiderStarted at 159# on 8/31, goal of 135-140#
Almeekerapprox 159# on 9/8, goal 139# Christmas, LT goal 120#
Campbellj2Started 154# on 9/10 with a goal of 135#

Hope I didn't butcher names too much. Please correct/add any information to keep this current!

Thx for the summary!

I started at 160, goal 140.