Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Buddy who needs to lose 150 lbs. or more. >

Buddy who needs to lose 150 lbs. or more.

Community
Notices

Buddy who needs to lose 150 lbs. or more.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

LOL! Well, I don't know if its the same TOWN! LOL. I just saw that your profile said the adirondacks. I live in Plattsburgh.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm just a bit south of there, howdy neighbor! *wave* =) How are things going for you today?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Things are going okay today... Although I started the day off with exercise, which has made me want to eat all day... Usually at this time of night, I will be eating dinner, and sitting anywhere from 1400-1600 calories. Today I just finished dinner at almost 1900 calories!!!!

Carren, If you go to your home page... then search for a persons screename, if its public, it will show an option to add them
Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Exercise makes me feel a bit hungrier too sometimes, but don't worry, you're probably burning off more calories than you took in today.

I really had to push myself to do my DVD today because I felt tired. But I did, and I'm glad I did. I actually feel more awake now. I'm a little hesitant to push myself too hard though. Going from zippo exercise to 5-6 days a week of activity is a big change. But I haven't missed a day yet, and I'm gonna try to keep this up.

I might reach my mini-goal sooner than the end of the month, which would be ideal, but I know this initial drop in pounds is mostly water weight and not to be expected weekly. It does feel pretty good though to see the scale moving downward.

PS - Porkchop is adorable! I love how you include so many great pics on your blog.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh

PS - Porkchop is adorable! I love how you include so many great pics on your blog.
Thank you

So, where are all my buddies! My weigh in day is Saturday, and I lost 10 lbs. this week! Hope everyone else kicked some ass too!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

Woo hoo! Awesome job Chunky! I need to settle on a weigh in day too. Saturday is as good as any I guess =). As of today, I have lost 8 lbs. HOORAY US!

I definitely don't expect to drop so much every week, and while this is probably water weight, I'm still real happy to see the scale heading downward.

My body is so sore today. Did a lot of walking with hubby this morning as it was a gorgeous day outside, and it kicked my butt! LOL So I'm hobbling around the house atm.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Smoosh and ChunkyDunk - I am new here

Hi to you both, my name is Dana, I am new here even though my profile says I joined in 2002, I dont really remember that but, I am back and Very Serious about this now.
My starting weight today is 296 and my goal weight is 185, well 165 - 185 and I need some serious support. We have a treadmill here at home that I will be using until it cools off a little outside. Too Hot and muggy currently.
My job is mostly a sit down job, some up and about, I have the summers off, and holidays too, I work for the school here with the Special Ed kids. Great group of kids. With the high school age.
The first part of the summer i could not walk much because I had hurt my left side, that is all better now, and even my pants are feeling a little looser in back more so than they were before. My hubby wont listen to that part for some reason, just the pounds off not the supposed - he says - better fitting clothes.
oh well, that is him, he has no weight that he needs to lose, But in other ways he is also a Great support too. He is Diabetic and I do not want to end up that way.
Well jumping right in is sometimes the scariest thing to do, but what I have been doing best lately.
Hugs and God Bless to you all.
Dana
Old 08-08-2010, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

I am thinking about creating a small group on facebook for just a few people who are really committed and really want/need extra support
What do my buddies think? lol
Old 08-08-2010, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Dana, welcome! The more support buddies, the merrier!

I joined FitDay originally in 2006, when my highest weight was 295, and I used it for a little while then stopped logging and checking in. Fortunately however, the initial weight I lost didn't creep back on. I think that was mostly due to cutting out fast-food entirely and soda. I did not do any exercise between then and my recent starting weight (265), but those changes were enough to help me drop the 30 pounds over 4 years.

Now, that I've recently recommitted to health & fitness (as of 8/1), I've spent that past week using the FitDay tools, meeting new friends here on the forum, getting in some daily exercise, and portioning my food... and I just weighed in 10 lbs. lighter than a week ago! WOOT! Very excited about that, though I realize it's just the 'jump start' for my body and mostly water weight.

I am trying to keep myself focused & motivated by thinking about my goals everyday. I've posted notes on my PC Desktop, fridge, bathroom mirror with encouraging reinforcements. I'm also trying to read/view as many success stories as I can to show me that anyone can do this... including me!

So good luck to you, and welcome!

---

@Chunky - What is your next mini-goal? Do you exercise everyday? Or a few days a week? When is your next blog post due? I love reading it! LOL
Old 08-08-2010, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
I am thinking about creating a small group on facebook for just a few people who are really committed and really want/need extra support
What do my buddies think? lol
I don't have a Facebook. My hubby keeps bugging me to get one, but I just haven't wanted to. I used to have MySpace and got tired of checking it and I have some weird aversion to posting on social networks.

But I promise to keep up with you here and on your blog. I am SERIOUS about this weight loss this time! It just feels different than my attempts in the past, and I'm excited about that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.