Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-05-2010, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Hi Carren,

The Couch To 5k is a running program for true beginners. It was designed to ease a couch potato into becoming able to run 5k (3 miles) in 2 months but really it's more of a walking/jogging program for the first 6 weeks and it's wise to take the time you need to get through the program at your own pace. I repeated a couple of weeks when I didn't think I was ready to move on to the next level. Here is a link to the program Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan

I highly recommend it! The feeling of accomplishment is so fantastic and if you are impatient like me, you will appreciate how steadily you will improve every week. Be sure to take it as slow as you need to though!

Let us know what you decide...
Thanks for the information and website. Will read when I get home from work today. Looking forward to it. BTW - How do you add all that information on the end of your emails regarding dates/weights etc...is that a tool on FitDay?
Old 08-05-2010, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carrenross
Thanks for the information and website. Will read when I get home from work today. Looking forward to it. BTW - How do you add all that information on the end of your emails regarding dates/weights etc...is that a tool on FitDay?
Click "User CP" and "Edit Signature".
Old 08-05-2010, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!
Just checking in. Feeling a little sore after yesterday's venture into 'aerobics land' =)... but it's not unbearable.

I'm feeling good about my progress so far this week, and keeping up with all of you here on the forums.

Hope your day is a great one!

Funny fitness quote of the day:

"Aerobics: a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starches into aches, pains, and cramps." ~Author Unknown

I can relate to that!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

LOL funny quote about aerobics. I remember when I was about 19 or 20, I took an hour long aerobics class. At the time, I went to the gym a lot, biked, walked all over, etc. I was probably 20 lbs overweight, but was pretty strong and active. That aerobics class KICKED MY ASS!!! I just could NOT keep up. I had NO energy!!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
Hi everyone!
Just checking in. Feeling a little sore after yesterday's venture into 'aerobics land' =)... but it's not unbearable.
Awesome! Well done.
I did a class on Tuesday evening called 'Legs, Bums, Tums' which was aerobics plus sit-ups and bum lifts. I could barely get out of bed yesterday morning, so stiff and sore. I'm going back next week for more pain.

Hope everyone is having a good week, one way or another!!!

I have my six week review on Tuesday, and my trainer said he's gonna increase my workout loads. His words; I'm going to slaughter you!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Eeek, he's going to slaughter you Boo? LOL
Good luck with that, and thanks for the words of encouragement. I haven't gotten my exercise in yet today -- but heading to tackle that right now.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
LOL funny quote about aerobics. I remember when I was about 19 or 20, I took an hour long aerobics class. At the time, I went to the gym a lot, biked, walked all over, etc. I was probably 20 lbs overweight, but was pretty strong and active. That aerobics class KICKED MY ASS!!! I just could NOT keep up. I had NO energy!!
I've been doing aerobics since the 80's, back when aerobics was a lot of jumping and bouncing and instructors had big beefy legs. Anyway I did a one hour line dancing class and aerobics all through my last pregnancy and at 37 1/2 weeks preggo DH and I went to a wedding, where I danced my fat, knocked up, fanny off all night long (keep in mind I was 37 1/2 weeks pregnant and 100+ pounds overweight). When I danced with the groom he was like "holy cow, I've known a lot of pregnant women (he's a pediatrician), but not one of them could have kept up with you tonight". The funny part is that when he said that, I was just getting warmed up.

Aerobics hasn't kicked my a$$ in a very long time, if you want to hurt me bad, you'll have to bring it on with some yoga. Now there's a workout to make you cry the next day, well you can cry if your eyelids aren't too swollen that is...
Old 08-06-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Even before I gained weight, I was never light on my feet...

Anyways, I had a little victory today... will probably seem small to most of you, but to me it was HUGE.

I have lived in this neighborhood for about 7 years... There is a little loop around the homes, but the road down here is a hill. Anytime I walk (the dog, or alone), I just walk loops around the flatter area. In the whole 7 years, I have never even ATTEMPTED to walk up that hill, because I just did not think I could do it. Well, last night, I decided to walk partway up it... I turned around almost to the top, because my back was starting to hurt.
Today though, I took the dog and we walked up to the top, onto the main street, across a field, and THEN turned around to come back. It was definitely a bit much (I probably pushed a little harder than I should have), BUT mentally, it felt GREAT! I do have a massive headache now though, LOL.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Chunky that's awesome! Grats girl! I have a lot of hills around my home too, and I attempted to climb them before but got so winded! Thankfully my hubby was with me to push my butt up to the top or I may have just ended up rolling back to the bottom. LOL

Keep up the good work... pretty soon you'll be running up that hill!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
Anyways, I had a little victory today... will probably seem small to most of you, but to me it was HUGE.

I have lived in this neighborhood for about 7 years... There is a little loop around the homes, but the road down here is a hill. Anytime I walk (the dog, or alone), I just walk loops around the flatter area. In the whole 7 years, I have never even ATTEMPTED to walk up that hill, because I just did not think I could do it. Well, last night, I decided to walk partway up it... I turned around almost to the top, because my back was starting to hurt.
Today though, I took the dog and we walked up to the top, onto the main street, across a field, and THEN turned around to come back. It was definitely a bit much (I probably pushed a little harder than I should have), BUT mentally, it felt GREAT! I do have a massive headache now though, LOL.
It's not small at all, that is amazing, especially with the back issues you have! Going a little farther, doing a little more each day...it all adds up

I had my own little victory this morning. I did some intervals on the treadmill because I was just SO tired, I didn't think I would finish. But right around the 25 min mark, I got a second wind & went at 2.5mph for 10 minutes! That's the longer I've went at that consistent speed since I started. And I wasn't nearly as sweaty as I normally am when I was done, so I am definitely getting stronger. It looks like I'm going to have to ramp it up a bit next week...my body is getting more efficient.

It looks like I probably won't have a big loss like I did last week. The scale sneaked up a little during the week (1.2lb gain) & is slowly going back down (down to 234.8 now, .4 above my lowest on Monday. But that's OK. I'm still hitting my calorie range and working out pretty well. Working out could be better, but I've just been so tired this week. Some of it is stress over money & over the stray dog situation, some of it is lack of sleep. I haven't been getting my full 8 hours every night this week. My husband has actually worked 3 days so far this week (YAY!), so I'm having to step it up a bit when I get home with my chores & stepson, and most nights I'm not settling down myself until 9pm.

But I'm going to keep pushing through & not worry about it if I don't see a big loss on the scale. After last week's big drop, I'm more confident that my body is probably not going to have a steady loss, so as long as I meet my goals, who cares if I lose the same amount each week? The long term goals are more important than what I see on the scale week to week. I need to stay focused on meeting my daily food & exercise needs, & upping the intensity of my exercise when I see I'm getting stronger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.