Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-19-2010, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

1. What are your goals for the coming week?
Keep my calories in the 1600-1700 range, but also make sure that the food I'm eating is healthy and full of nutrients. Drink a little more water, and keep up with my daily workouts... getting a wii fit today too, so I might be playing around with that for the remainder of the week!

2. What is your next mini-goal?
To fit into some sexy jeans that I bought one size down from my current size... I'm getting there.

3. What will be your next reward?
Actually the sexy jeans were my next reward... I get to actually wear them as soon as I hit my mini-goal! :P

4. Pick a celebrity who you consider to be your 'body model', someone who's physique represents inspiration and an ideal for you.
To be honest, I like my own body... just a healthier, slimmer version than what it is right now.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

I'm loving these posts! It's so great to read everyone's goals & thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions... I'm always very curious about people, so you can expect more questions from me in the future!

After I posted, I realized I didn't even answer them myself, so here are my responses too:

Continue getting in some form of movement everyday, but increasing my workout time from 15-20 minutes per session, to a consistent 30 minutes.

I would like to drop a dress size (currently 26-28).

Probably a haircut, it's long overdue! =)

4. Pick a celebrity who you consider to be your 'body model', someone who's physique represents inspiration and an ideal for you.
Most celebrities are terribly underweight in my opinion, but there are a few that represent physiques that I would love to aim for. Some examples for me would be Salma Hayek, Jessica Biel and even Gabrielle Reece (though she has a much more athletic build than I think I can achieve).
Old 08-19-2010, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much for the signature info!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

This survey is fun! I'll bite:

To split my cardio time in between the treadmill and the elliptical in order to try something new (I usually just do the 'mill).

Hmm, let's say to get to 199 pounds. That'll make me pretty happy.

Once I'm below 200#, I'm going to buy the cowboy (err...cowgirl?) boots I've always wanted, provided my calves aren't too fat to fit in 'em. If they are, I'll come up with something else and get the boots later.

I'm with the other lady who said she likes her own body, just slimmer and healthier.

Happy almost-Friday! Sounds like we're all more than ready for it.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Boo, I'm so glad you decided to stay and work one day! It WILL boost your self confidence, and you NEED that to stay on track with the healthier life style

OK, for the questions:

1. What are your goals for the coming week? I have a pair of jeans that last week I couldn't close, this week I buttoned, but they are still a tiny bit too tight. I am hoping that by the end of next week, they will be wearable. We'll see.
2. What is your next mini-goal? To fit into the next jean size down... I'm about 15 lbs away.
3. What will be your next reward? new sneakers. I need them.
no one really... I have no idea what my body would look like at 165 lbs with all this extra skin that I will have. I think having an inspiration of an "ideal" body would be a huge source of disappointment for me.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

1. What are your goals for the coming week? Exercise 3 X for 45 minutes each session. the weather is less stifling lately and I hope to get out walking. I managed 15 minutes on the ellipticals I was trying out at the store.
2. What is your next mini-goal? 249 lbs. (8/31/10)
3. What will be your next reward? Giving away more loose fitting clothing and fitting back into my 2nd smallest pair of jeans.
4. Pick a celebrity who you consider to be your 'body model', someone who's physique represents inspiration and an ideal for you. Body model... I try not to fixate on wanting to look like someone. I have to admit though I find Jillian Michaels inspiring. Her passion for motivating people to become healthy and the joy she experiences when they succeed is something I really admire. Not everyone can be happy for you when you succeed.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

To finish the week strong & continue to get over this wretched cold.

228 lbs, which will be 25lbs lost since I started. I'm hoping to hit this by the end of August.

Haven't decided for sure. Probably a new teal or purple skirt to go with the sleeveless brown top I have & my flip-flops.

See, I'd like to be curvy like Queen Latifah is. I think she's a size 12-14, where I'd like to be more of a 10-12. It's hard to find a celebrity body model for me because most of them look like stick figures without a lot of curves.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mstaff4564
Illnesses & random life events can make this journey hard, but being able to roll with the punches and jump right back on your plan just makes your resolve even stronger. I hope you feel better soon and don't let a rough day or two get you down!
Thank you everyone for your helpful hints. I will do as suggested and plan ahead. One can of Ginger Ale, crackers and low sod. chicken noodle soup. That should be easy enough to hide from the Pantry Foragers.

I am back on track today with meal plans. Even added more meat to my diet and kept within my limits. For those who are diabetic; I found the ratio suggested by the ADA = 55% Carb, 20% Protein, 25% Fat.
That is way off what I was trying to do and more what I am actually doing.

Exercise: The smoke from 300 forest fires burning in BC/AB; that has moved east over the Rocky Mountains; has brought warnings about outside activities. In fact, people riding their bikes 4 blocks where having difficulty breathing. I wonder how people live/exercise in smog bound cities. Needless to say - I did not get my one hour walk in today.

Clothes: We must all be on the same wave length. Today, I cleared out all my clothes that were to big, slightly big and stained! LOL Yea, we all have stained tops eh! Some to trash, some to bag for the thrift store. Organized closet by colour and work/play clothes. I have one pair of work pants - size 18 - that are brand new and my motivation. Nice to still have some clothes left.

Talked to my sister today. Another Scale Slave - for the first time in 2 decades (20 years) I weigh LESS than her !!! Okay, only by 1/2# but I could tell she was NOT happy. Oh well, to bad, so sad, it's a sister thing - the race is ON!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Question And the survey says....

Continue to be vigilante with Food & Journel on Fit Day
230#
Professional Back Massage
JESSICA RABBIT! Thinner & Younger, yea, I could go for THAT!
Seriously, I was once mistaken for Rosanne Barr before she lost her weight. Since she has lost weight and we are about the same age; that would work for me. However, I really like what was said by harpecanuck, I like Jillian Michaels too. She is so balanced - inside & out.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Lovely Ladies!! I haven't been posting much but I'm still sticking with the program. The weight loss is S-L-O-W. I'm trying not to obsess about it too much and just live it out. As long as I keep progressing then eventually it will add up. I'm so glad for this thread to read through and see how you are all doing. We can do this!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.