Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-19-2010, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

It sounds like a lot of us are having rough weeks but that's part of life. Good news is, it doesnt last.

Boo - maybe your job right now is to work on your lifestyle changes? You just said your working isnt mandatory at the moment, and so maybe your mission is to work on you? Either way, dont be discouraged, tomorrow is a new day.

mstaff and caren - sometimes your body gets sick ( in many different ways) in order to get you to slow down and take some time for you, or to tell you that your body needs a rest from the routine. And whether you went a tiny bit over your goals or absolutely blew those goals out of the water, as someone else said.. its one day.. or one weekend. You can and will still get where you want to be .. just a day later than you planned. The tragedy would be to give up and never get there!

As the saying goes... don't sweat the small stuff and dont pet the sweaty stuff!!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning lovely ladies! *big hugs* I'm sorry to hear many of you are feeling ill this week, or are having a difficult week. *more hugs* I hope you recover quickly, and remember, "...this too shall pass."

@Boo - Don't feel discouraged sweetie. That job was a 'trial run' not only for the employer, but for you too. So, it wasn't a good fit for you... that's ok, it happens. Your family will hopefully be supportive, but you have to believe in yourself and know that you can do any job you put your mind to. If you don't have to work right now, then I agree, maybe you should focus on your health & fitness first. Achieving those goals will build your confidence also, and that will trickle down into every other aspect of your life.

So, today, I finally saw the scale move again. Hooray! 2 more pounds kicked out of my body! Good riddance.

I have been walking every day (anywhere from 15 - 45 minutes), and doing some light weight/resistance training 2-3 days a week. I just do some simple exercises in my home that I learned from the Biggest Loser DVD (that I rented at the library) and watching some videos on YouTube.

My goal continues to be getting in some form of movement every single day, for any duration -- though I'm shooting for 30 minutes per session. I want to try belly dancing! That looks like fun. Has anyone here tried that? I also want to try Yoga/Pilates. I was watching some episodes on Hulu.com from ExerciseTV and it definitely looks like something I can do -- despite my limited flexibility at the moment.

So... a few questions for you gals:

1. What are your goals for the coming week?
2. What is your next mini-goal?
3. What will be your next reward?
4. Pick a celebrity who you consider to be your 'body model', someone who's physique represents inspiration and an ideal for you.

YOU ARE WORTH THIS EFFORT EVERY SINGLE DAY! LET'S DO THIS!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Smoosh: Belly dancing looks like an awesome workout. Something I've wanted to try myself. I remember many many moons ago when I took ballet, we had a two-week component where we focused on isolated hip and rib movements. What a work out! I can only imagine the results you'd see from belly dancing. Similar movements, but a lot more consistent. I've always admired how fluid and effortless bellydancers' movements are. I'd love to hear more if you decide to take a class!

I also like your little questionnaire. So here goes!

1. What are your goals for the coming week? This week has been my first one back on the conscious healthy eating train, so I'm very strict, only consuming fruits, vegetables, and legumes to help flush out my body. Next week's goal will be to incorporate the foods I really enjoy eating, learning how to manage portions to stay within my daily calorie, fat, and carb allowances. I must say, I've noticed a huge change already in how much extra energy I have from not bogging my system down with processed foods, sugary sweets, and too much red wine!
2. What is your next mini-goal? My next mini goal will be to shave another 150 - 200 calories off my daily calorie intake (I'm currently at 1400), as my metabolism has a tendency to gear down a little bit going into the winter season.
3. What will be your next reward? We're heading to the US for a few months at the beginning of September; I'm going to take myself on a trip to Victoria's Secret (we don't have any in Canada)!
4. Pick a celebrity who you consider to be your 'body model', someone who's physique represents inspiration and an ideal for you. This is a tricky one for me. It's hard to choose a realistic ideal as I've got a naturally athletic yet very busty build. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I don't see many celebrities that have a similar build naturally. I'd say Tara Dakides (professional snowboarder) or Sanoe Lake (professional surfer) are my two favorites, though.

Stoked to hear some other people's goals, rewards, and ideals!

Have an awesome day everybody!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thank you ladies!

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
Good morning lovely ladies! *big hugs* I'm sorry to hear many of you are feeling ill this week, or are having a difficult week. *more hugs* I hope you recover quickly, and remember, "...this too shall pass."

@Boo - Don't feel discouraged sweetie. That job was a 'trial run' not only for the employer, but for you too. So, it wasn't a good fit for you... that's ok, it happens. Your family will hopefully be supportive, but you have to believe in yourself and know that you can do any job you put your mind to. If you don't have to work right now, then I agree, maybe you should focus on your health & fitness first. Achieving those goals will build your confidence also, and that will trickle down into every other aspect of your life.

So, today, I finally saw the scale move again. Hooray! 2 more pounds kicked out of my body! Good riddance.

YOU ARE WORTH THIS EFFORT EVERY SINGLE DAY! LET'S DO THIS!
Thank you Smoosh, GameGal and ChunkyDunk for the support!
I spoke with the boss today and she said she didn't want to lose me, so I'm just going to be working Mondays from now on. It may be an inconvenient commute, but it's only one little day and I can do it! If nothing else it will definitely boost my confidence and give me a little bit of money to buy all those smaller clothes I'll be needing soon!

Smoosh, I'm so glad the scale is on the move again for you! All your exercise and discipline is really paying off. Keep up the good work, you deserve this!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Smoosh's Questions.

1. What are your goals for the coming week? Remain positive and see a nice drop on the scale Saturday!
2. What is your next mini-goal? Getting under 266lbs (19st) this week or next would be awesome!
3. What will be your next reward? Either a haircut or a lip piercing.
4. Pick a celebrity who you consider to be your 'body model', someone who's physique represents inspiration and an ideal for you. I'm not really into celebrities, but I like how Beyonce has a great body and still has curves. So someone like that I suppose.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 2

Hi everyone....
Hope your day is going well.

Amy, doesn't everyone keep that smaller size favorite (fill in favs)...mine are a pair of black slacks...size 10, when I weighed about 160. (Heavy sigh....size 10)

My goals:
*To begin with, I will stay between 1200 and 1500 calories per day, making better food choices
*Exercise at least 3x/week, an hour a day.
*Document everything I eat in Fit Day.

So, day one proved successful: 1440 calories and played Wii bowling and tennis for a 1/2 hour each. OK maybe not the best workout, but tennis does work up a sweat. My plan for today is the workout from the couch potato to 5K.
I'm really so tired of being fat....I know I can do this one day at a time. Looking forward to feeling and looking better.

---Linda

Starting Weight --- 280 lbs. (8/18/10)
Current Weight --- 280 lbs.
Pounds Lost --- 0 lbs.
1st Goal Weight --- 250 lbs.
Final Goal --- 160 lbs.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Post It All Started When I was...

I am currently nixing breads. I know- Diets are bad- but to me it is all just words. The depending factor on any weight loss- which is what I am trying to achieve is sticking with it. Right now I am still really used to calling any change in my food intake for the purpose of lowering weight a diet.

I started this regime yesterday- which is pretty much atkins. I think my whole problem is more so with routine than anything. I get bored easy, and top that with writing and the stress of completion. Three kids and being home all the time and it is a recipe for disaster. At least for my type of personality.

On another issue. Anybody else think that the weight issue stems from childhood? I happen to believe mine is a different case of hoarding. I've read that there are cases of children in foster care/adoption who actually "steal food" and hide it in a safe place just so they will not run out. They have a fear of not having any food because of prior life without or scarce of it.

I was never in foster care, but I definitely should have been-though as a advocate for it and seeing what I see of the system I am glad I was not. Anyways, I do not have an issue, now, of never having any food. However, I never leave the table without cleaning my plate. That was something never taught to me, but that I think I must stay and do. The meals I fix are stupid huge. I base a lot of my life even what foods i choose to eat and how i serve them out, on what I saw growing up. Meaning, I stay away from serving a particular way or buying certain meats.

Anyway, I think i have a hoarding issue going on, with the finish plate even when im full thing.

Anyone else think their overeating was due to growing up? Good or bad? Or any story on when they think their food issue might have started?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reason for weight loss: Healthier for my kids and myself. My personal image is a bit shattered at times, but not too often. I want to be athletic.

My most common excuses: Weekends are supposed to be fun, pig out days. I can't afford the gym. I'm too fat to run. I'm too fat to jump. Do these shorts make me look fat? I can't work out in front of folks if I look obese. It's way too hot. The sun burns. (I do get hives from the sun, but that only happens in the beggining of summer.) My favorite show is on. I'm too lazy to cook, let's grab pizza. I need to finish work on my book, so I can't get out of the house today.

Starting weight: 281
Current weight:275.8
Mini Goal Weight: 260
Dream Weight: 135...But I'd be more than happy with 150

BLACK ORCHIDS MANOR | Home of Unusual Interests
Old 08-19-2010, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

For me, food is comforting....and yes it goes back to childhood. Isn't that the way you show love? When my kids were growing up (they're 23 and 19 now) I was so careful not to force them to clean their plates. And tried to feed them healthy stuff (fruit and/or veggies with lunch & dinner anyway). I didn't want them to grow up fat. Neither one of them have a weight problem....although my younger son sure doesn't eat healthy! I think alot of the reason that they don't have a weight problem is that their dad doesn't either....good genes! But I have to believe part of it is not using food to show love. That's a hard thing to break!

(By the way, can someone tell me how to add a signature?)
Old 08-19-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lnm32225
(By the way, can someone tell me how to add a signature?)
Go to User CP on the blue bar and there's an option to edit signature on the left-hand side.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

1. What are your goals for the coming week?
Get in more exercise! To be quantitative about it, I'd like to get in the pool for a good swim 4x this week and do my strength/flex exercises 3x.

2. What is your next mini-goal?
To fit into my size 16 jeans I haven't been able to wear for 3 years.

3. What will be your next reward?
Wearing those jeans!

4. Pick a celebrity who you consider to be your 'body model', someone who's physique represents inspiration and an ideal for you.
Hmmm, interesting question. I'd say Rachel Ray. Not the too-skinny Rachel she became when she first got really famous (the one you see on the opening to her cooking show), but the curvy, "normal-sized" Rachel (that everyone ridiculously calls "too fat"). She's still probably much thinner than you would think, but compared to other people on TV (sticks), she looks curvy and healthy to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.