Hello any one else over 40 here?

Old 07-25-2010, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

Well, it's pretty obvious to me that I just don't need much over 1000 cal a day. I've now lost 16 lbs over the last 2 months and it's amazing how much less my joints hurt. I started at 145 and now at 129. Breaking that 130 mark was not easy.

Tonia, I agree with you as far as your calorie limit. The biggest thing tho is really listening to our bodies and doing what they tell us. We need to push ourselves but we must also be vigilant to what our bodies are saying.

I think we are entering the best years of our lives. As women, we have always had challenges and obstacles. Being caretakers for everyone else in our lives. It never seems to end. The children grow and move on and then our parents and/or spouses need us more.

We must make the time to put ourselves first for a little while every day.

I wish I had had the wisdom and patience to know all this 30 years ago.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:49 PM
FitDay Member

hetemte, your perspectives are awesome. Thank you for the post!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:22 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Sunrosa, Don't mean to preach, I just think that if we all continue to share and communicate about our lives we'll all benefit. I know that in the 2 months I've been posting I have learned great things from some very smart Ladies.

Thank you all!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default whats ur usual meal plan each day to keep 800 range

I am so glad I came back to this site for tracking my food intake, this is an awesome thread....

What are ur go to meals during the week? I like to keep mine simple and boring because if I get something delicious I'm scared I'll be tempted.

Here's mine:

Breakfast:
Boiled egg (1-2) or Protein Drink w/Skim Milk
Work out

Snack: Protein Drink

Lunch: 1/2 envelope Tuna, 1/2 whole wheat bran pita or 1-1/2 cup cooked beans

Snack: sfree popcicle, apple, carrot sticks, pnut butter Tbsp, almonds,
can beenie weenies

Dinner: Salad or Veg and lean meat

Open to any new ideas? Has anyone seen an endrocrinologist before about your metabolism?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:28 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up over 40

Hi celisa I am over 40 and I need support.I have a lot of weight to lose. If you can I hope we can help each other.Let me know labellarose
Old 07-25-2010, 08:52 PM
FitDay Member

Since I'm really watching my carbs, my breakfast is 2 scrambled eggs(just the eggs no milk or anything and about a tbls of shredded cheese.

Lunch is my biggest meal- BIG bowl, like a mixing bowl, 3 cups of the dark leafy spring green salad mix(the darker green, spinach etc..the better), Put a 1/2 to a full cup of cottage cheese on top and then about 3 or 4 tbls of salsa.
Mix it all together. That huge bowl only contains about 130 calories. If I want to make it more substantial add 1/2 cup of cooked chicken or tuna. you'll still come in under 275 calories and you will be full!!!

Dinner is usually very small, about 3 to 4 oz of protien, any kind, and about a cup of steamed veggies.

I love the new steamer bags but you have to make sure that you choose the plain ones. Not the yummy cheese or sauce ones, (sorry)
This will keep me under 1000 calories usually about 850 to 900 a day.

It's not very exciting, but it's working for me. Oh and LOT"S of water!!
Old 07-27-2010, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies. I joined last week. 4 years ago I lost 52 pounds in 52 weeks(fluke) I've gained back 40. It is so much harder this time. the harder I try the more i gain. Now the cholesterol and blood pressure are up. I have 2 kids a girl 21 on her own and a son 12.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Ladytrekker,
What are doing for exercise and Calorie control?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

I am, gasp, 69 and trying to lose the 12 pounds I've put on over the last few years so that I can fit into old slacks -- and maybe buy a few nice, new things in my old size. I've heard that white flour in bread, etc., is just poison, and collects fat especially around the belly. If you're looking for a little nudge downward in weight, you might try switching to whole grains when you need or want to eat bready things at all.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Lunch is my biggest meal- BIG bowl, like a mixing bowl, 3 cups of the dark leafy spring green salad mix(the darker green, spinach etc..the better), Put a 1/2 to a full cup of cottage cheese on top and then about 3 or 4 tbls of salsa.
Mix it all together. That huge bowl only contains about 130 calories. If I want to make it more substantial add 1/2 cup of cooked chicken or tuna. you'll still come in under 275 calories and you will be full!!!
I'm cracking up over "like a mixing bowl", I thought I was the only one doing this. You should have seen my Tupperware lady's face when I told her what I was doing with that new orange bowl she sold me. She was like "oh, so you make lunch in it for the whole family". And I was like "um, nope, that whole bowl full is my lunch, the rest of them are on their own". LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.