emotional eating

Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default emotional eating

I have been struggling with losing my last 10 pounds for about 3 months now.. I do GREAT for about 3-5 days.. then I totally crave a PB&Jam sandwhich.. and if I have one pretty soon it is three.. I really struggle with once I fall of the calorie path I totally binge and then feel like CRAP!!!! Any suggestions out there I really want to get this under control we want to try to have a baby but I really struggle with eating to numb my emotions and I have to get that under control first.. PB&J seems to be my comfort food. help
Kassey
Old 06-22-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

I love a good PB&J, but I make a low-cal, low-carb, low-fat version. I use 35 calorie/slice bread or a whole grain slimwich, natural peanut butter and homemade very very low sugar jam, which ends up being 250-350 calories total (depending on the bread and the amount of peanut butter). Instead of resisting PB&J until you binge, why don't you plan for it a couple of lunches/week. Another thing I love is PB&J crackers, made with the Special K crackers. Now those you can eat 3-4 of and it's not a diet deal breaker.