Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Marvelous May  in the 100 plus womens thread >

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Community
Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Erinn what is the button test...? I missed something.

I never thought of putting my weights on to do housework...I have them out in the open to grab when I sit down to watch tv..but now this opens more opportunities for me. Working on those flabby arms~~~ thanks for the great idea...
The button test is my way of cleaning out the closet. If I can get my pants on and off without unbuttoning, they are officially too big and must go. I have a boob test too, for shirts. If a shirt is so big it hangs straight down off the boobs and doesn't come in a little at the under bust, it goes. Seriously I needed a way to cull some stuff, because once you've lost a little weight, you can get it all on. The real question is should you?

Hey you're welcome on the exercise idea. I've been trying to squeeze in a little extra here and there because I've plateaued a little and need to increase the burn, but in spite of all my requests for more, there are still only 24 hours in a day.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

BTW, Almeeker, you and I share the same birthday, but I had it first, lol. I guess that is nothing to brag about, though, especially when it is by eleven years.

Jaynie
Old 05-26-2010, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker- I love love LOVE the idea of house work with wrist weights on!! Sweet!! I just bought some on Monday and I just put away my laundry with them on LOL (it's also a much needed motivation to get my laundry actually put away)

egmdobbs- what kind of office do you work at? What kind of stuff are you doing all day at work? I make a point of standing as much as I can at mine. I pace when on the phone (if possible) and I make multiple trips to the back to get the things I need or to accomplish tasks. I'm not sure if that's anything you could do but I thought it was worth a shot. I also walk to places like the grocery store (not for huge shops of course- but I do take two reusable bags and pretty much fill them-bonus for the added weight LOL). You said your work isn't in the best neighborhood but if your home is... are there any places near by you could walk to? I like the combo deal of a "workout" and marking something off of my to-do-list.

Thanks for all the book and website idea's I will be checking into them all soon!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jaybrodz
BTW, Almeeker, you and I share the same birthday, but I had it first, lol. I guess that is nothing to brag about, though, especially when it is by eleven years.

Jaynie
That is sooo cool. You know for the first 30 years of my life I never met another living soul with the same birthday as me, and then I got married and 2 members of my husband's family have that same birthday, and now there's you too. How cool is that? Pumpkin babies RULE!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by eeb_79
almeeker- I love love LOVE the idea of house work with wrist weights on!! Sweet!! I just bought some on Monday and I just put away my laundry with them on LOL (it's also a much needed motivation to get my laundry actually put away)
I actually fold all the laundry on top of my bed. So there is incentive to make the bed, fold the laundry and then of course I have to put it away in order to go to sleep. Harsh, but it works. I'm glad you love the wrist weight idea, you can use ankle weights too, and it's an even better burn (and more fun too) if you throw on some headphones and shake your booty to the beat. The funny part for me is that I hardly notice the weights, because not too long ago my limbs actually weighed all that and more. So then I forget to take them off and end up out in public with them on. How crazy does that look?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

And fellow Scorpio, not that I believe in that, but my daughter lives and dies by it. My mother was one. My sister and I, who were the only females born to her, are and my only daughter is also a Scorpio. Of course, as they say about us being born near the cusp--they don't count because they were born in November. I've always been fond of Halloween and once I became a Christian, some churches that I went to didn't approve of it, but to me it is just a day of enjoyment for the kids and me too, when my kids were younger. I used to dress up with a caftan, put white out in my piled up hair and was the Bride of Frankenstein, which was especially effective since I am 6'1."

Oh, and Zoey is one, if it holds true for dogs.

Last edited by Jaybrodz; 05-26-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

Okay ladies I'm feeling good, feeling stronger, feeling firmer , feeling healthier, feeling lighter (fingers-crossed) AND feeling like I have to pee 24/7!!! Seriously am I the only one that is a freaking peein' machine?!?!?! LOL I'm off to bed where I will hopefully only wake up once (but lets be realistic probably twice) to use the facilities-Good lord!

Oh and almeeker honey I laughed and laughed and laughed at the visual of you running around town unknowingly still in your wrist and ankle weights
Old 05-26-2010, 04:41 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker is hilarious... thanks for explaining the button test. I need to do the shirt test. Maybe I will put that on my weekend goals... my closet is overflowing and I am itching to go shopping.
Today I worked my booty off... wait, nope... it's still there... back to the grind.
At the gym today, there were two guys working out as I walked in. One guy looked at me and said, "you want the elliptical?" I said no, I was ok. He smiled and said, "you sure? I'm going to be here a while." He just smirked... welp... he WAS there longer....sitting on a weight machine and watching me out of the corner of his eyes as I did 7 miles at 17mph on the bike WHILE lifting weights and 1.8 miles on an incline of 5 at 3.5mph. Then did 20 gravediggers, 50 push-ups and 3 minutes of planks. Sweat was pouring off of me and I never stopped moving. Take THAT smirky smirky jerkface. Fat girl can MOVE. 90 minutes later - as I left I said, "I just can't handle that elliptical" and walked out. I felt so good.
Drank another 150 ounces of water today... still barely peeing... so weird. Tomorrow is weigh in day, good luck everyone! Muah!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

egm - I like doing my weights while I cook dinner. How old is your son? My 7 year old AND my 1 year old like sitting on me while I do my butt blasters, lol. Since the 7 year old is at school, I try to work out while the baby is napping when I am home with him. Other than that, I have actually extended my sitter's hours. When I was a SATM, I used to hire a sitter just to come over for the half hour it took me to get to Curves.
Also, I have put him in the stroller and actually taken him down to the gym with me (my complex has a gym, so it's not far)... I bring toys, water, etc.
During the day when I work, I wait until the kids are asleep and rock the workout. Research some home cardio exercises if you can't get to the gym.
Remember that the first 20 minutes of cardio, you're not burning fat - everything past 20 minutes you are BURNING, and if you do strengthening exercises after your cardio the burn goes for even longer (though not as intense). 99% of the time I do my cardio in the gym then come home and do everything else on the floor of my livingroom as my babies snore in their bedrooms.
I hope I gave you some help. I will think on it some more and let you know if there is anything else I can remember.
Oh, one last strategy - and this is my LEAST favorite. When I know I will have a busy night and might not get to exercise, I wake up at 5am and get it all done then wake up the kids at 6:30 (baby wakes himself at 7). By that time I am sipping my coffee and protein shake and loving life.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

What are gravediggers and planks? I know a lot of army exercises from when I was in but have never heard of those two and wow, you did fifty push-ups, were they male type. I was just using the door frame the other day as something to "push-up" against and I could feel that.

On that note, I am having an exercise room in my bedroom suite with a table that will come down from the wall for me to use to do all my floor exercises. Right now it is a hinderance and certainly a deterrent to have to crawl over to the chair or couch every time I want to get down and up from the floor. Once I get my foot fixed though, I will start walking and using my ab rocket. I think of all the ab thingies, that one is the best and believe me I have tried a few. I had the one where you rollout from a kneeling positon. And don't waist your money on the Red. I could almost do the same thing from my desk chair and it barely has any tention.

I think that weights or bands are the best, cardio and for me, I have to target my bust and stomach. I kind of look like a brown, round bee that you see in cartoons with slim leg and not too big arms. I am definitely apple shaped for right now. I do feel good though because I actually, now, have somewhat of a waist. When I first started out at my highest for this time, all measurements really had no discernible(sp?) difference. Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that weights should be done after cardio. Is that the same with exercises, should they be done after cardio or does it make a difference? When I was in, we did them first and then ran.

Last edited by Jaybrodz; 05-26-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.