Notices

first post hello all

Old 09-29-2010, 08:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default first post hello all

hello all first post hello here from lordmage

I'll skip the long and draw out stuff and simply say hello hoping to start a new food plan and weight loss exercise plan for myself.

i work at night and get home early in the am. i stay up till 230 - 330 pm.
Home life i am trying to not be so lethargic. work life is forced seated with some movement. i started to use weight loss shakes at work with atkins snack bars or equivalent. my current weight is 320 with a 38.3 bmi or there abouts. i am 6'7. my current goal is 300 pounds in 2 months. here's to hoping i a make it.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome and good luck. There is lots of information and support here. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Good Luck.
Good bunch of folks here,with great knowledge and support.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

I know you can do it lordmage. Make your mind up to do so and journal your food and activities. Everyone that I have spoken with on this site all agree it's a great tool to keep you thinking of the right things to do with your diet and exercise. Keep us posted on your progress and good luck.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:48 PM
FitDay Member

ok all thanks for the good words so far so good.
i decided to refine my goal and drop 100 pounds in 12 months.
in that time i am shooting for under 2000 calories a day. protein is always gonna be higher then the rest.
workouts routines i am still researching the ones i can do at work.
which is when i have the energy. i have some bands and ankle weights 20 lbs per leg that i will be using creatively for weight training at the moment may even be getting a 50 lbs conditioning vest.
i rarely sit still 2 nights of the week but the other 3 are usually the hardest due to the fact that i am not solo and can not reorder the office stuff around.
slowly working on my endurance hoping to start doing some exercises when i get home. even little bit helps right. the main target area for the weight loss is you guessed it the gut with chest and back but mostly cut. i know you can not spot losses but my focus on routines will be in those areas with light leg work.
i stopped using the elevator and i even park a good 50 feet from front doors when i can.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hmmm... light leg work? Is there a reason why you will be going light on your legs. Those are some of your largest muscle groups, i.e. biggest calorie burners.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

there already pretty tight and have always been i tend to shake my legs alot.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:31 PM
FitDay Member

well just completed my first official day of PT with a personal trainer. the routine was as close to 4 sets as possible or ten minutes which ever came first.
crunches did 35 ( ouch it burned) never managed to do so many before even in school.
10 minutes on the (new stepper, slash elliptical) at resistance 1 (wow better than 1 hour fast walking the local mall. slight burn but nice still felt my abs while doing it to.
did some light free weights for the arms and curls with pull lifts or what ever did 3 sets a piece. (burns a bit all over at this point)
did 6 reps on the machines i will hope to concur in 30 days. one worked the upper back and the other was for lat pull downs.

all this took about an hour. not including the 20 mins beforehand that i did on the cycle at 80 watts. so i was ready for bed after my steam room and pool rest periods
Old 10-08-2010, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure if you are looking for opinions... but here's mine.

I'm don't know if anyone else noticed what I'm about to say but... You are not exactly what I'd call a "small guy". You are 6'7" and 320lbs. Yes six foot seven inches! Why in the world would you limit your self to under 2000 calories a day??? In my opinion that is way too strict.

Also within a matter of a day or two you changed your goal from losing 20 pounds, to losing a 100 pounds. Keep your 20 pound goal and once you get there then look forward. Yes it's nice to plan ahead and have the big picture in mind but IMO jumping in with both feet when you are being so strict is just setting yourself up for failure.

I truly don't wish that on you and wish you the best of luck. I also think that a 100 pound goal is attainable, I just believe in the old saying "you must walk before you can run". Focus on the near future then worry about the big picture.

Some may disagree with me, and this is JUST MY OPINION, but most here know that I shoot from the hip.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

yes long term is 100 but there are short term goals along the way. as per cal restricition i am not to heavy on that now just on my inactive days. 2000 - 3000 are my windows really if i go over not to big a deal at this point. right now i just need to get used to the work out routine and decrease the post work out mussle fatuige. DMOS or some such from being inactive for so long

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.