Community
Notices

Goal of 200 by New Years

Old 09-27-2010, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Goal of 200 by New Years

My goal is to lose the last 38lbs by the end of the year. My life change started on New Years day last year at 284 and currently weigh in at 238. I did P90x to start and that worked great. However I do not care to be a body builder so I plan to incorporate more cardio into my routine. I have started biking when I can ( I have 3 kids all in sports and extra activities.) I know time is always an excuse and that is what brings me here. I hope this forum keep me on track and all of you keep me accountable.

Also if anyone is in a similar place and would like to become "workout buddies" let me know. The more motivation I can get the better. Lets motivate each other!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey, good luck! My goal is also to lose 39 lbs. by New Years, but I'm shooting for 299, not 199 like you. My 199 goal will likely be next June. Keep up the good work!

Michael
Old 09-29-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Hey, good luck! My goal is also to lose 39 lbs. by New Years, but I'm shooting for 299, not 199 like you. My 199 goal will likely be next June. Keep up the good work!

Michael

Good luck to you also. Please post updates of your progress here. I will do the same. Maybe it will help motivate both of us.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Will do! I've been staying around 1500 calories (more or less) and losing an average of 3lbs. a week. Have started walking 10 minutes during my lunch break--plan to work up to 20 minutes. At over 300 one needs to be careful exercising. We can DO IT!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

You guys are doing great. If you have your head right you will reach your goals. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Diesel, how's it going? I weigh in once a week, generally on Satuday morning so today I am 2 lbs. down at 337.0 so 38.0 lbs. to go for the 299 by New Years goal.

Michael
Old 10-02-2010, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Years Goal 200

i just started trying to get back in shape (again). i weighed in at 239 last Monday, i set my goal to get to 200 by April, but i am open to pushng this to Jan 1. I weighed in at 236 this morning, so i am off to a reasonable start.

i used fitday years ago totrack my weight /food and it worked really well. i am hoping it will work again. i have not started working out , just yard work and walking.

i am not much of a poster but i'll try to keep updating.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jptfenwick
i just started trying to get back in shape (again). i weighed in at 239 last Monday, i set my goal to get to 200 by April, but i am open to pushng this to Jan 1. I weighed in at 236 this morning, so i am off to a reasonable start.

i used fitday years ago totrack my weight /food and it worked really well. i am hoping it will work again. i have not started working out , just yard work and walking.

i am not much of a poster but i'll try to keep updating.
Welcome back! I, too, used Fitday about 7-8 years ago and lost +/- 200 lbs. Sadly, I spent the ensuing years gaining it all back. But, I'm back and have lost probably 80 or thereabouts since starting in May.

Keep up the good work!

Michael
Old 10-03-2010, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default thanks Michael

thanks Michael, you've done a great job.

I did the same thing, about 8 years ago I lost forty five lbs, then gained most of it back. i followed a low carb approach last time, but i let the carbs slowly creep back into my life. i just need to be more diligent with carb intake and be careful with calories too.

i need to get back to the gym too. i have just been walking alot. I was a daily workout person then fell off the wagon with kid activities, work travel, etc,

It's only been a week and I feel better already.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Diesel, how's it going? I weigh in once a week, generally on Satuday morning so today I am 2 lbs. down at 337.0 so 38.0 lbs. to go for the 299 by New Years goal.

Michael
hey guys,

I weighed in over the weekend at 234.4. So down a bit. I seemed to have hit my platau that comes after the first week or so. My wife has decided to join me though in eating healthy so that will help my motivation at home. I am feeling great however. Even though my weight has stayed the same for the last week or so I feel a ton better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.