Community
Notices

Goal of 240 by 11/1/2010

Old 09-09-2010, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Glad your back on track Richard. Hope your doing well and keep us posted.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Well the push is on. I reached my 240 goal weeks ago and have not dropped too many since. I was 239 this morning. I have to get my head right to get these final 14 pounds off before November. Been doing great on exercise and for the most part on diet but I have been getting way off track on the weekends. Football + Beer + bad snacks.
Hope everyone's doing well.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

I now have 21 days to take off an additional 10 pounds to reach my new goal of 225 before I take the dreaded 7 night, cruise for my 50th birthday. Need to focus starting today. Need to keep up the good work-outs and runs. Need to say no to booze and focus on diet. No eating after supper. I need to make good choices. I plan on letting my guard down that week so I want to be a few pounds under my first goal, 240 because I know I will add a few pounds that week. After I get back my plan is to try to stay in the 230s and keep up my more healthy diet and exercise program. I have now set a new goal of doing the Peachtree Road Race on July 4, 2011. Thats a 10K. I been running about 5 miles at a time for the last few runs so just need to slowly add a little to it to reach the 6.2 miles. I have 2 more 5K races planed over the next month. The cooler mornings is making the runs more enjoyable.
Hope everyone is doing good and staying on track.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

October 29, 2010.
I weighed 232 this morning. My goal has been met. I'm sure I will maintain the original goal of 240 on November 1, 2010. My goal is now stay under 240, FOREVER. Run the Peachtree 10-K road race summer of 2011 (I'm already doing 10-Ks once a week, just need to keep at it) and maintain a healthy decade for my 50s under 240 pounds.
We leave with 4 couples tomorrow for a week cruise in the tropics for me to turn the big 50 on November 1. I think I have posted my weight, diet and journal every day since I started this forum last new years but I'm taking a week off. I know I will have so much fun with great friends, booze and food but plan to work out every day and come back and get back on track quickly.
Thanks for the FitDay site that has helped me organize and keep my attack plan in the right direction. It's a great tool.
Thanks for everyone who posted words of encouragement and all the kind words. I hope everyone meets the goals they set.
I will not have a computer on the cruise, but still may have to jot down a written food and exercise journal.
Keep me posted on how all of you are doing.
Eddie
Old 11-01-2010, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulation Ed, you did a remarkable job . Persistence pays off. I hope you enjoy the cruise.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, jptfenwick.
I have dropped most of the weight I came back from my trip with. I'm 235 today. I have ran 2 5Ks over the last week, One at 32:25 and another at 31:20. I'm going try a 8K the first Saturday in December. Still hit the gym 4-6 times a week. I hope to be up for the Peachtree 10K (Atlanta) in July but sure I will be very slow! Went for a check up last week and all blood work and BP was so much better than last year. Nothing was out of range. My new goal for the rest of 2010 is to stay under 240, keep my workouts going and start 2011 feeling much better health wise than I started 2010. I need to not let the Holiday pounds creep up on me.
Hope everyone is doing good and getting into shape. Remember that Thanksgiving is about having a great meal with friends and family. Give yourself a break that day and get back in the saddle on Friday.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Ed
Old 12-31-2010, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Happy New Years

I'm at the big 240 this morning. I'm up about 7 pounds over the holidays and I need to get my head right. I'm very happy with my health progress made in 2010 and my goal is to stay healthy and strong this year.
New Years Resolutions;
1) I will eat healthy and hit my goal of 225x4/21/2011.
2) I will run the Peachtree 10K Road Race 7/4/11 and finish under 1 HR and 10 MIN.
3) I will limit booze.
4) I will continue my exercise program and make sure it is a priority.

Last edited by efduncan; 12-31-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Another Monday and another day me telling myself to buckle down. 244 today and 4 pounds over the point that I did not want to cross.
Still doing good on my workouts and runs. Still post most of my foods but have left some off at end of days. About to hit the gym this afternoon. I going to buckle down on the diet and journal and stay with it.
Hope everyone is doing good.
Ed
Old 02-28-2011, 11:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by efduncan
Another Monday and another day me telling myself to buckle down. 244 today and 4 pounds over the point that I did not want to cross.
Still doing good on my workouts and runs. Still post most of my foods but have left some off at end of days. About to hit the gym this afternoon. I going to buckle down on the diet and journal and stay with it.
Hope everyone is doing good.
Ed
Ed, let's get this done, 'cause I'm gaining on ya'!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Michael,
You are "Da Man"! You have kicked a#* and took names and doing so good. I'm back on track and will not let this set back stay around.
Stay with it, you have done great.
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.