Notices

hey guys

Old 05-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Default hey guys

just stopping by to say that I'm still at it and still busting my ass. I joined a gym 3-4 weeks ago and I'm been lifting and doing some good cardio on a regular basis. I decided that I was happy at my weight of 175#... but continued to lose. This morning I'm down to 169.6#, down from my original 210#+!

I really didn't want to get down this low but I can see that I'm showing more definition so it doesn't look bad. I may actually look half was decent in a could weeks when i go to florida and take my shirt off at the beach.

I hope everyone is doing well, if your not maybe it's time to rethink your plan and make some changes.

Mike
Old 05-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

this is from the other day. Pics start at 2:05 YouTube - P90X YTF&F May 1st Update

I can't see much change (between the last 2 updated pics), everyone else says that they can so who knows.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:57 PM
FitDay Member

I took a look at your video. What has happened man?

This is'nt the kind of video that I expect to see from you? I guess you need to realise that the differences you will see now are much more subtle. You will clearly see big differences as your fat melts away and reveals what's underneath. Once that is done, all of the big short-term transformations have happened. You are not going to lose much more fat, you are not going to lose many more inches off your waist.

Take a look at the pictures again, and instead of looking for big change, look for the subtle differences. Definition, depth of cut and overall tone have all improved quite a bit.

Perhaps your means of defining change need adjusting.

I am at the start of the journey and have made good initial progress. I know I am going to go through ups and downs, but You know and I know that if you keep doing the right things, even though you cannot see it every day, you will continue to move in the right direction. Don't lose that self belief and start looking for the subtle changes, the big ones are done!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

you're right. Now I need to focus on long term goals.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

I can see a difference, especially in the back double bicep shot. (I don't think it is just lighting.) I also think your chest is improved. I would guess your bodyfat around 12-13%. At this point each percentage point of bodyfat loss gets tougher. Your diet (not your workouts) have the most effect on your results. Your diet needs to be very clean. Very low carbs and high protein. What is your goal? Do you want to be very lean and cut or about your same BF% with more muscle mass. I encourage you to check out Bodybuilding.com and some of the ideas there for workouts and diets based on the goals you set. You have made terrific progress in my opinion. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

as far as goals, I'd like the nest of both worlds. lol I'd like to get down to 10% bf b/c that seems to be where the abs really start to show and gain maybe a little more muscle. That's the problem that I've having now is that I'm trying to focus on 2 different goals. I agree about being 12-13% body fat. It cracked me up b/c when I joined the gym they did a fit assessment and the guy tried telling me that I was 21.x%. He looked at me as if he truly believed it, I looked at him like "are you kidding?"

My diet is pretty clean. I just need to figure out if I need to be calorie deficient or not to him my goal that's pulling me in 2 different directions. I try to stick to a 20%f, 45%c and 35%p macro. I recently changed it to 25%f, 25%c, 50%p and really didn't like the way I felt. Maybe it was too big of a jump too fast?? I'm thinking if I just do a simple flip flop to a 20%f, 35%c & 45%p it may help out?

I've check out BB.com forums and get a lot of use out of #1 Exercises Guide! Over 300+ Free Exercise Videos And Guides!
it seems that many people there are on gear, some are open and honest about it while others aren't. It makes me wonder if that's the route to take, although I hate to think like that but it seems near impossible to get to my totally different goals without it. But like I said, I guess I need to focus on the long term goal.

I also just picked up Huge in a Hurry and started reading that. Hopefully I'll take away something from it that'll kick start me.