Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
What do you do for a living? >

What do you do for a living?

Community
Notices

What do you do for a living?

Old 03-18-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, we are from all over the world! That is so nice!
To Crumpet: I was many times in Turkey when I was in my 20's. Istanbul, Ankara, all the way south to Gaziantep, Adana and Iskendrun. Beautiful country and wonderfull people. My ex husband was Turkish so lots of visiting there.

I was like a social worker for many years and worked for 6 years in a refugee centre in The Netherlands, where I come from. I really loved that job as I met so many different people.
I live now in Canada with my canadian husband. :-)

I love horses and own 2. I board them at a friends place and train her horses for board. I do clicker training for horses, and give lessons / clinics to people who want to learn clicker training horses. I also make rhythm beads for horses and sell them, but that is more for fun as I love to make them. It's a nice way of winding down after a busy day.

I also started writing a book about my Norwegian Fjord horse, Freya. She is the one that brought me into clicker training. After she bolted on me, and I had a bad fall, I was so down from it, thinking I had to sell her because she was to dangerous to ride for me. I started Clicker training her,as a last resort, and she changed into a very eager student and happy to please me and I am riding her again. Yeeey!
Freya is a lovely horse and the reason she bolted on me, was because of previous training that wasn't fit for her. (too much pressure)
With CLicker training she finally could participate in the training process, and learned how to think about what she is learning. She is a very smart horse.

Ai ai....babbling. Sorry...but this is what I do and I love it. :-)
Old 03-19-2011, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

I am a Certified Dental Assistant, and have ben for 20yrs this July.

I am also new to this site, joined last spring, then life got in the way, as it always does. But I am back now, and want to loose this weight I have put on, so far I have lost 13lbs, since Jan. And my mini goals each month is 5lbs, I have 3 more to go by the end of March.

I am enjoying reading what is going on here.

Dawn
Old 03-20-2011, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

I am a Merchander working out of one of the big box stores. Basically I work with a crew of a dozen or more people, we go into the store at night and change everything around. For example if you walk into any large store one day and all the BBQ's seem to have mysteriously arrived and been built then we were there while you were sleeping. We are currently making one big box store more shopper friendly to be more competetive with its new Canadian rival. During the next year almost every thing in the store will change in some way.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kajajo
I am a Merchander working out of one of the big box stores. Basically I work with a crew of a dozen or more people, we go into the store at night and change everything around. For example if you walk into any large store one day and all the BBQ's seem to have mysteriously arrived and been built then we were there while you were sleeping. We are currently making one big box store more shopper friendly to be more competetive with its new Canadian rival. During the next year almost every thing in the store will change in some way.
What an interesting job - I never knew sucha thing existed, but I guess it makes sense. Someone has to design and set-up those displays. I just thought it was the store gremlins who did it once the doors were locked for the night .
Old 03-22-2011, 08:07 PM
FitDay Member

I work at a local gym doing the night shift. It hard work haha J/K. I also have a couple clients I train feel better about doing that now that I am not as out of shape I was 2 months ago. Outside of that I am a full time family man life is good.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

My answer was supposed to say Merchandiser, but some times the keys on my computer stick and letters get missed. I really do know how to spell, well at least most of the time.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

I'm the head baker at a bagel shop/deli
Old 03-27-2011, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

I'm a writer....I write a variety of things for a retailer. Training manuals, corporate stories, end user instructions, etc... So I do a LOT of sitting...which is not very condusive to losing weight!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mrs262
I'm the head baker at a bagel shop/deli
Oh boy, I would have such a hard time being around all those lovely baked goodies! I used to judge a new town by the quality of its bakeries and whether one could get a decent bagel. Unfortuntly, over the last couple of years I've had to develop another strategy .

Welcome all! Hope to see you all around!

Pam
Old 04-01-2011, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Crap - I had a nice post written out but it disappeared

Anyway...I was saying that this is a fun thread for a newcomer who's a little afraid to just jump right in to conversations.

I own a natural & vegan skin care manufacturing company. I feel very blessed to be able to do something that I'm so passionate about.

As much as I enjoy mixing up skin care formulations, I'm not so great at cooking - which is something that I need to work on. I'm getting awfully tired of eating grilled chicken & salad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.