Notices

Fabulous Fat Fighters 2012

Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 PM
  #81  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Sara750S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 56
Default

Originally Posted by jj59 View Post
Let's vow to keep logging our foods, keep the long term goal in mind, not to obsess about our slip-ups and keeping that trend downward - even if the weight loss slows - that doesn't matter.

jj

Hear hear!!!!

Sara
3.00pm UK time
Sara750S is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
  #82  
FitDay Member
 
someplacenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Thanks Sara7505 and jj59.

I'm unusre of what my final goal weight is too, I'd like to be 133 or something, but like you I cannot imagine getting so low, I don't think I've ever weighed that little.

I'm with you on the UK weather, it's seriously a bummer.

You guys are aweome, I'm already feeling totally motivated!! We can do this; who's stopping us?
someplacenice is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 PM
  #83  
FitDay Member
 
Bluesnow222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by someplacenice View Post
Thanks Sara7505 and jj59.

I'm unusre of what my final goal weight is too, I'd like to be 133 or something, but like you I cannot imagine getting so low, I don't think I've ever weighed that little.

I'm with you on the UK weather, it's seriously a bummer.

You guys are aweome, I'm already feeling totally motivated!! We can do this; who's stopping us?
You should make some midweight goals or other minigoals.
My goals go 20 pounds at a time... so since I started at 226 my first goal is 200 (almost there =3). Then my next goal is 180 (The weight I was in college), then 160 (The weight I was in High School), then 140 as my final goal xD

Just imaging 140 to me seems impossible... but I think if I just aim 20 pounds at a time it will be easier on my very impatient self!
Bluesnow222 is offline  
Old 05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
  #84  
FitDay Member
 
someplacenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Bluesnow222. I've never really gotten on with goals because I'm always so focused on the final number that even when I do reach a goal I'm not happy with it. Eh, it'll be okay.

So, what are you guys looking forward to most about being your final target weight? What're you going to do to celebrate it?
someplacenice is offline  
Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 PM
  #85  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
Talking I'm in!

Hey all! I just started today and am most definitely joining the fight!

I'm hoping to lose 10-15 lbs. I've done sooooo much dieting that it's not even funny. NOTHING seems to work because it's just become so extreme. I'm hoping to develop some sort of healthy lifestyle that will be easy after a while and will just maintain.

I don't currently work out, even though I pay an arm and a leg for a gym! That'll be #1 on my list of to-dos.

#2 I just eat way too much. mostly because I'm bored.

One thing I will say, as aweful as the no-carb diet was (I had to quit after a week), i did see result quite quickly. So...I might reduce carbs, but can't quit all together.

Mostly, I think I just need to stick to working out and eating less. I give us sooooo easily. I think I've failed in the past because it's only been me. I'm hoping this community will be the motivation I need in those oh-so weak moments when I reach for a chocolate bar!
PinkSock is offline  
Old 05-02-2012, 11:11 PM
  #86  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Sara750S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 56
Default

Hi pink sock

Welcome to the fight !!! The more the merrier!

What am I looking forward to ..... lots of nice summer clothes !!!!

Sara
11pm UK time
Sara750S is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 AM
  #87  
FitDay Member
 
Bluesnow222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by someplacenice View Post
So, what are you guys looking forward to most about being your final target weight? What're you going to do to celebrate it?
Mmmmm....

I look forward to taking a picture of myself.
I've always been self consious of my weight... so when the camera pops out I hide xD (Or better yet, I've made myself the official camera woman so no one can see who's behind the lens hahahaha). Since elementary school there's only been a sparse number of pictures I've gotten taken. So when I reach my goal weight I want to take a picture of myself I'm not embarassed of.

Originally Posted by PinkSock View Post
I don't currently work out, even though I pay an arm and a leg for a gym! That'll be #1 on my list of to-dos.
Do you get bored at the gym. I know I always hated gyms because its so brain numbing just looking at a wall for an hour. To mix things up I started walking home from work everyday (4 miles), or doing exercises while watching something on TV, or going for a nice swim in a pool. I really HATE the gym though xD

Originally Posted by PinkSock View Post
#2 I just eat way too much. mostly because I'm bored.
Solution- Buy less xD
Make a grocery list of the meals and healthy snacks you want to eat and stick to it.

Also, get un-bored xD
(I actually suffer through the same thing... when I'm home alone and bored I want to lock myself in my room because I"m worried what will happen if I walk into the kitchen. Even in times where I purposely bought no snacks... if the cravings and boredom are bad enough I'll make a cake from scratch or something stupid xD)

Originally Posted by PinkSock View Post
One thing I will say, as aweful as the no-carb diet was (I had to quit after a week), i did see result quite quickly. So...I might reduce carbs, but can't quit all together.
If you're trying to make life style changes I don't think No-carb is the way to go, especially if you quit so soon. Maybe consciously reduce your carbs, but don't go cold turky. Your body actually becomes addicted to carbs, so if you cut off too much you'll actually suffer withdrawal symptoms... which is why most people quit the no/low carb diets so quickly xD
And to make matters worse they often put on more weight afterwards.
A gradual reduction with healthy replacements is much better.

Originally Posted by PinkSock View Post
Mostly, I think I just need to stick to working out and eating less. I give us sooooo easily. I think I've failed in the past because it's only been me. I'm hoping this community will be the motivation I need in those oh-so weak moments when I reach for a chocolate bar!
Good luck! Be sure to keep us updated.
And don't say Chocolate Bar... You're going to totally start up my sweet tooth
Bluesnow222 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:05 AM
  #88  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Thanks for the kind words guys! you guys have awesome advice -- Bluesnow, your point about walking to (or from, or both) work is perfect!

Happy to report that I walked home from work (3 miles baby!) and I actually went to the gym. I tried to do some different stuff (jump rope)...not sure I did enough, but was glad I actually dragged myself there.

...couldn't help making pasta for dinner...
PinkSock is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:57 AM
  #89  
FitDay Member
 
Bluesnow222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by PinkSock View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys! you guys have awesome advice -- Bluesnow, your point about walking to (or from, or both) work is perfect!

Happy to report that I walked home from work (3 miles baby!) and I actually went to the gym. I tried to do some different stuff (jump rope)...not sure I did enough, but was glad I actually dragged myself there.

...couldn't help making pasta for dinner...
Make sure you're bringing good shoes to walk in.
I end up changing into workout clothes and sneakers before I leave and carry my other clothes home in a book bag with tons of water to drink on the way.
Its like 90 degrees here practically... so I'm starting to think that not even my two water bottles are enough at this point hahaha.
And Pasta is my #1 nemesis.
Bluesnow222 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM
  #90  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
Default oy!

Couldn't resist a late night bite of ice cream...more like a bunch of bites.
PinkSock is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.