Community
Notices

Oldie but Newbie

Old 12-13-2011, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Oldie but Newbie

I've used this site since 2006 but I have had many bumps in the road. My journey started when I was 260 lbs and made my way down to 192. Since that time I gained weight and made it back to 260 lbs. Started this site up again and lost 10 lbs but then left again. Now I'm between 280 and 300.

But here is to not dwelling on the past, and working on the future. We all run into our own hurdles everyday. Something that knocks us off course. Something that becomes too important or too stressful or too time consuming. But I can't dwell on the past anymore. We all should stop dwelling on the past and what we were and what we are now. Even if you went from 500 lbs down to 160 lbs or 160 lbs to 500 lbs, your life and even my life is not over until we hit that soft dirt.

It has been said and I'm going to say it again, I'm here for a life style change, something that is permanent and I will be able to continue to follow. No longer will I care what my weight is today or tomorrow or next year. I am going to care about myself and my body's well being. What I put into it, will undoubtedly be a part of who I am. So...I'm done weighing myself and I'm done caring about the perfect physique.

My measurement will be keeping up with my 10 and 1 year old nieces and eventually the kids I am to have.

Nice to meet you, I am Doug.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Doug, good to see you back. I came back in May of '10 myself, after a 10 year hiatus. My lifestyle changed for good on May 5 of that year and I'm now just about where I want to be, weight-wise at least. Still got a long way to go for fitness and mental adjustments (which I think was my big problem last time).

Anyway, sounds like you've got your head right, and that is truly 99% of this battle (if not more). Let us know how you're doing and don't hesitate to ask if you need any help.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Michael. You are incredible! Your 2 year journey looks incredible!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back to FitDay, Doug!

That's the attitude, "lifestyle change". Best wishes on your journey, and don't hesitate to ask questions and "stick around" the Forum.

Vito