Community
Notices

Hello everyone

Old 12-12-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello everyone

Hello everyone. My name is Mike, and I am new here. I stumbled upon this site while searching for how many calories I should be consuming per day in order to lose weight. Unfortunately, I have A LOT to lose. Currently I am 6'2 and I weigh 550 as of my Saturday morning Dr. appointment. I knew it has gotten out of control over the last year or so, but I didn't realize it was THAT bad. I have 8 year old triplets, and I want to be around for their lives & everything that comes with it. I want to be a healthier person. I have cut out all soda & I am drinking a LOT of water. I have cut back on my caloric intake over the weekend and I feel pretty strongly that I can do this. Yesterday I consumed 2400 calories, whereas it says I burn around 4200 a day. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to FitDay, Mike. You sound like you've got a great start on things. Keep up the good work!

You'll find all the tools, resources and support you'll need right here to meet your weight goals and to help with your transition into a healthier "lifestyle change".

Don't forget to check out our FitDay Articles (which are second to none)

FitDay: Free Diet & Weight Loss Journal

as well as our "Tag Cloud". Finally, we'd enjoy having you "stick around" the Forum.

Best wishes!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:25 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Mike, welcome!

Glad to see you've found our little piece of the web--if you want to lose weight and get more fit, this is the place.

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Personally, I like a little lower calorie level, but at first you'll lose well at 2400. Keep it up and those pounds will melt off like magic.

Drop into our 100+ pounds to lose thread, if you like. All of us there know where you're at and the challenges you face.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-14-2011, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Edan125
Hi dear,
I am Edan from California USA. I am new one for this forum.
Here I want more friends for getting advice and sharing information about health, fitness and nutrition.
Greetings I'm from California USA as well. Nice to see you on the forum. Hope to see you real soon I will be watching you. What part of California USA are you from.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome!