Notices

Hopeful

Old 12-06-2011, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hopeful

Hello there,
I guess introductions are in order. My name is Leigh, I'm 25 and I'm a 2nd year medical student. I'm 5'7'' and currently 125 lbs. I'm not here to lose a bunch of weight, although 5-10 pounds off would be ok with me, but I'm here because I have a terrible relationship with food. I was severely anorexic and bulimic in high school and undergrad, so I've yo-yoed from 104 at my lowest to 140 at my highest. I'm actually at a pretty good place right now, and I workout very regularly. However, I tend to either eat everything in sight or restrict to an unhealthy degree, eating only 800 calories. So I'm trying to have something down on paper to hold me accountable for how much I'm eating. I want to be healthy! I know that when I'm fit my bodies natural set point is around 118-122. I want to eat less crap and eat more healthy food and make sure if I'm eating well, I'm still eating at least 1200 cals a day. So, I know probably a little different profile, but I would love support to help keep me accountable! I may not be overweight, but I still have my issues with food, and I don't know how anyone works through those without support! I look forward to meeting you all.
Thanks,
Leigh
Old 12-06-2011, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Leigh! Take a tour around the different forums and you'll find lots of advice and tips. Whether you're overweight, underweight, or trying to maintain there is a place here for everyone. There are also a whole mess of people willing to help you out if you ask. If you haven't already check out http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ng-12-5-a.html It's great for holding yourself accountable, day by day. Because when it boils down to it, we all go by it day by day.

Great having you here and good luck!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! I think it's great that you are seeking out support! The main goal for all of us here is to be "fit." It sounds like you've made it through some pretty major challenges so it's great that you are able to take this step!