Community
Notices

Dissapointed

Old 09-11-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Dissapointed

I have been on Fitday for two weeks now. Ive used it before and i know that it works.

I am dissapointed today because for the first time in two weeks ive gone way over my 1500 cal consumption allowance.

i ended up have a slice of cake and this sugary juice that total 300 calories and was not filling. At the end of the day i was still hungry and had to eat something that sent me over my calorie limit.

The moral of the story is: DONT EAT EMPTY CALORIES. make sure that your calories count and are filling. urgggggghhhhhhhhhh

Start weight: 197lbs
Current weight: 194lbs
Short term Goal: 175lbs
Long Term Goal: 160lbs

Last edited by SabrinaHamilton; 09-11-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: more info
Old 09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SabrinaHamilton
I am dissapointed today because for the first time in two weeks ive gone way over my 1500 cal consumption allowance.

The moral of the story is: DONT EAT EMPTY CALORIES. make sure that your calories count and are filling. urgggggghhhhhhhhhh

Please don't be disappointed.

Realize that you're making major changes in your lifestyle, and don't beat yourself up for having something "bad". We all have to be human once in a while, not so regimented that we become uncompromising task masters to our own occasional wants. I suspect you're in this for the long haul, and in the overall scheme of things, a piece of cake etc. here and there isn't going to amount to anything. Just keep focused and determined and don't let the little stuff get you down.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

don't be so hard on yourself! one day/meal/piece of cake doesn't derail your efforts.
besides, you are on a slippery slope there. you cannot reasonably expect yourself to be 'perfect' all the time. that just isnt possible.

weight loss comes about from burning more calories than consumed over an extended period of time.

chin up, stay the course. you ARE doing great. keep at it!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

300 calories doesn't seem like too much, considering it was cake and juice. You won't likely be repeating that snack again soon and it wasn't a tremendous number of calories.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup, "all or nothing" thinking is a path to ruin. I've been there, done that. This time I purposely decided to have a "day off" per month. I'd still log the calories and everything, and not go totally crazy but otherwise eat/drink whatever I want. This way it's not "cheating" and since there is no expectation to be "perfect" you don't worry about it.

So, my advice is to log what you ate, forget about it, and move on. If you find the temptation repeats itself, then you need to come up with a strategy to help guard against it in the future.

Regards,
Michael