Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Hello Fellow Weight Loss Friends! >

Hello Fellow Weight Loss Friends!

Community
Notices

Hello Fellow Weight Loss Friends!

Old 06-28-2018, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Hello Fellow Weight Loss Friends!

I am so excited to have found this site! I need all of the support and productive information that I can get. I am at my heaviest @ 322 lbs. and in the worst physical medical condition. I am crying as I type this. There are so many emotions that an obese person goes through on a daily basis; Shame, Anger, Hopelessness, Embarrassment, Actual Physical Body Pain just to plain move. My boyfriend Ghosted me last October after (6) years together...he said NOTHING...he simply just iqnored me; quit answering my texts. I don't blame him...I do not want to be with me! I am hoping to find true help and support to lose ALL of this excess weight and acheive complete HEALING in my body, mind and spirit. I look forward to hearing back from you all; what all of you have to share in terms of diets, strategies, polly pointers, recipes, your successes, goals and dreams. My (15) minute break is over at work; I must return to the grind stone.

Kimberly

Last edited by modekimberly; 06-28-2018 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Hi, Kimberly!

It's hard to diet when you are so stressed from your recent boyfriend problems (I hope he stops 'ghosting' you). Have you talked to your doctor about dieting? You might be able to get some support there in the form of a dietician's advice and guidelines for the efforts. You can count calories, you can count carbs, you can count just about anything and it will have an effect but you have to find something that you can live with for a long time. It's a health issue so your doctor will have an opinion! I wish you good luck - I'd love to know whatever your doctor says and what your plans are to follow through!

Sometimes people start with a plan and goals and post regularly to track their successes (and setbacks). If that helps you, the forums are here for that.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hello modekimberly - thanks for the post and reminder that we're all in this together!

I am also obese; havent found that focus on one number is super effective. Its just the small choices we make, over and over. Please remember your health is worth it. You are worth it!

If professional help is available to you as Kathy mentions that would be a great boost as well.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Hi, Kimberly!

It's hard to diet when you are so stressed from your recent boyfriend problems (I hope he stops 'ghosting' you). Have you talked to your doctor about dieting? You might be able to get some support there in the form of a dietician's advice and guidelines for the efforts. You can count calories, you can count carbs, you can count just about anything and it will have an effect but you have to find something that you can live with for a long time. It's a health issue so your doctor will have an opinion! I wish you good luck - I'd love to know whatever your doctor says and what your plans are to follow through!

Sometimes people start with a plan and goals and post regularly to track their successes (and setbacks). If that helps you, the forums are here for that.
Hello Kathy, Thank you for your response. Yes, I am in the beginning stages. My plan is to eat more fruit and vegetables. I have cut out sugar pop. I am currently reading the book; Fit For Life. I intend to get down to 160 lbs. in one year. I would really like to hear your plan and results thus far.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mnge
Hello modekimberly - thanks for the post and reminder that we're all in this together!

I am also obese; havent found that focus on one number is super effective. Its just the small choices we make, over and over. Please remember your health is worth it. You are worth it!

If professional help is available to you as Kathy mentions that would be a great boost as well.
Hello mnge, I am going to lose 122 lbs. in one year. I am currently reading the book; Fit For Life. I am under a doctors care who has provided nothing in terms of a weight loss plan. I see that you have been a member since Sep 2016. I would really like for you to share your plan, trials and successes thus far.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kimberly,
Firstly, you don't have to worry, people here are very kind and helpful. Focus on your goal and don't let anything distract you, you'll definitely reach it very soon! just keep motivated, and surround yourself with people that will support you and be there for you.
Good luck in your journey, keep amazing!
Old 07-03-2018, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Danny_2,

Thank you for your encouragement! I started @ 322 lbs. and as of today I am now down to 310 lbs. Have you seen the newest posting titled "Lose 80 lbs in 90 days"? that is my mentality..GET THIS WEIGHT OFF NOW! I would love to have you share your journey thus far.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by modekimberly
Hello mnge, I am going to lose 122 lbs. in one year. I am currently reading the book; Fit For Life. I am under a doctors care who has provided nothing in terms of a weight loss plan. I see that you have been a member since Sep 2016. I would really like for you to share your plan, trials and successes thus far.
wow that's an ambitious & acheivable goal - go kimberly.
Plan: Log into fitday every week to report successes or lack thereof. Get some exercise in every day - preferably in the morning. Going for 12 miles a week. Load up on fruits, veggies, whole grains. Try to avoid the carby fatty stuff in the main.
Trials: getting away from said plan and yoyoing as a result
Successes: 84 miles this year
Old 07-06-2018, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello

I truly know the struggle of weight loss. You can’t get discouraged. I know that’s easier said than done but key is to just take it one step at a time. Do what feels good to you. What from Inside out. I hope you complete your journey good luck!
Old 12-22-2021, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Greetings, modekimberly - Thank you for sharing this and reminding us that we're all in this together!

I'm likewise fat, and I haven't found that focusing on a single number is really useful. It's all about the minor decisions we make on a daily basis. Please keep in mind that your health is valuable. You are deserving of it!

If you have access to expert help, as Kathy suggests, it would be a huge help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.