Hello Fellow Weight Loss Friends!

Reply

Old 06-28-2018, 07:25 PM
  #1  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Currently in Portland, Oregon for almost 3 years.
Posts: 9
Red face Hello Fellow Weight Loss Friends!

I am so excited to have found this site! I need all of the support and productive information that I can get. I am at my heaviest @ 322 lbs. and in the worst physical medical condition. I am crying as I type this. There are so many emotions that an obese person goes through on a daily basis; Shame, Anger, Hopelessness, Embarrassment, Actual Physical Body Pain just to plain move. My boyfriend Ghosted me last October after (6) years together...he said NOTHING...he simply just iqnored me; quit answering my texts. I don't blame him...I do not want to be with me! I am hoping to find true help and support to lose ALL of this excess weight and acheive complete HEALING in my body, mind and spirit. I look forward to hearing back from you all; what all of you have to share in terms of diets, strategies, polly pointers, recipes, your successes, goals and dreams. My (15) minute break is over at work; I must return to the grind stone.

Kimberly

Last edited by modekimberly; 06-28-2018 at 07:35 PM.
modekimberly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:47 PM
  #2  
Super Moderator
 
Kathy13118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,832
Default

Hi, Kimberly!

It's hard to diet when you are so stressed from your recent boyfriend problems (I hope he stops 'ghosting' you). Have you talked to your doctor about dieting? You might be able to get some support there in the form of a dietician's advice and guidelines for the efforts. You can count calories, you can count carbs, you can count just about anything and it will have an effect but you have to find something that you can live with for a long time. It's a health issue so your doctor will have an opinion! I wish you good luck - I'd love to know whatever your doctor says and what your plans are to follow through!

Sometimes people start with a plan and goals and post regularly to track their successes (and setbacks). If that helps you, the forums are here for that.
Kathy13118 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:21 PM
  #3  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 144
Default

Hello modekimberly - thanks for the post and reminder that we're all in this together!

I am also obese; havent found that focus on one number is super effective. Its just the small choices we make, over and over. Please remember your health is worth it. You are worth it!

If professional help is available to you as Kathy mentions that would be a great boost as well.
mnge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:12 PM
  #4  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Currently in Portland, Oregon for almost 3 years.
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by Kathy13118 View Post
Hi, Kimberly!

It's hard to diet when you are so stressed from your recent boyfriend problems (I hope he stops 'ghosting' you). Have you talked to your doctor about dieting? You might be able to get some support there in the form of a dietician's advice and guidelines for the efforts. You can count calories, you can count carbs, you can count just about anything and it will have an effect but you have to find something that you can live with for a long time. It's a health issue so your doctor will have an opinion! I wish you good luck - I'd love to know whatever your doctor says and what your plans are to follow through!

Sometimes people start with a plan and goals and post regularly to track their successes (and setbacks). If that helps you, the forums are here for that.
Hello Kathy, Thank you for your response. Yes, I am in the beginning stages. My plan is to eat more fruit and vegetables. I have cut out sugar pop. I am currently reading the book; Fit For Life. I intend to get down to 160 lbs. in one year. I would really like to hear your plan and results thus far.
modekimberly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:23 PM
  #5  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Currently in Portland, Oregon for almost 3 years.
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by mnge View Post
Hello modekimberly - thanks for the post and reminder that we're all in this together!

I am also obese; havent found that focus on one number is super effective. Its just the small choices we make, over and over. Please remember your health is worth it. You are worth it!

If professional help is available to you as Kathy mentions that would be a great boost as well.
Hello mnge, I am going to lose 122 lbs. in one year. I am currently reading the book; Fit For Life. I am under a doctors care who has provided nothing in terms of a weight loss plan. I see that you have been a member since Sep 2016. I would really like for you to share your plan, trials and successes thus far.
modekimberly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:55 PM
  #6  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 20
Default

Hi Kimberly,
Firstly, you don't have to worry, people here are very kind and helpful. Focus on your goal and don't let anything distract you, you'll definitely reach it very soon! just keep motivated, and surround yourself with people that will support you and be there for you.
Good luck in your journey, keep amazing!
Danny_2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:40 PM
  #7  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Currently in Portland, Oregon for almost 3 years.
Posts: 9
Default

Hello Danny_2,

Thank you for your encouragement! I started @ 322 lbs. and as of today I am now down to 310 lbs. Have you seen the newest posting titled "Lose 80 lbs in 90 days"? that is my mentality..GET THIS WEIGHT OFF NOW! I would love to have you share your journey thus far.
modekimberly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:31 AM
  #8  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by modekimberly View Post
Hello mnge, I am going to lose 122 lbs. in one year. I am currently reading the book; Fit For Life. I am under a doctors care who has provided nothing in terms of a weight loss plan. I see that you have been a member since Sep 2016. I would really like for you to share your plan, trials and successes thus far.
wow that's an ambitious & acheivable goal - go kimberly.
Plan: Log into fitday every week to report successes or lack thereof. Get some exercise in every day - preferably in the morning. Going for 12 miles a week. Load up on fruits, veggies, whole grains. Try to avoid the carby fatty stuff in the main.
Trials: getting away from said plan and yoyoing as a result
Successes: 84 miles this year
mnge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:51 AM
  #9  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Default Hello

I truly know the struggle of weight loss. You canít get discouraged. I know thatís easier said than done but key is to just take it one step at a time. Do what feels good to you. What from Inside out. I hope you complete your journey good luck!
Lionessvibe is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service