Notices

New here

Old 01-04-2017, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Talking New here

Hi ladies -- I'm new here. I'm a 54 year old mom, step mom and grandmother. I have 4 kids and 1 granddaughter and 1 on the way.

I have been a fervent workout fiend for about 10 years and my body is starting to crack. I've always done some kind of exercise, but for the last 10 or so I have done about 2 hours a day. This has resulted in hip bursitis, tendonitis and arthritis!! Yikes. I have just undergone shock wave therapy for my hip bursitis and even though they stay you don't see the full effects until 7 months after treatment, I can see some positive results already.

Anyways, I'm trying to be less obsessive about working out and listening to my body. Before you start to envy me, I am currently overweight despite the exercise. I have gained about 20 unwanted pounds in the last 3 years -- which I attribute to menopause.

I look forward to some great discussion and helpful hints. Any help for that menopause spread? I used to have an 18 inch waist and now my waist is as big as my bust!!!!! (Not quite but close!)
Old 01-05-2017, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

No help for the menopause spread. Stay strong but watch the calories is all I got!
Old 01-05-2017, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Jenny,

I will be 54 this year and going through menopause as well and have seen a big difference in my weight, energy level, etc. I too have gained 15 - 20 pounds over the last 3 - 4 years. I do have you beat as far as grandkids, I have six! But we can do this!