Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This! >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 PM
FitDay Member

Calories - Under 1700 - Sunday Monday Tuesday
Fruit & Veg - 3 or more - Sunday Monday Tuesday
Exercise - 30 mins a day - Sunday Monday Tuesday
Exercise - 10 sit-ups a day - Sunday Monday Tuesday
Exercise - 12 minutes on the Ab Circle Pro - Sunday Monday Tuesday
4 Glasses of Water - Sunday Monday Tuesday
No Fizzy Pop - Sunday Monday Tuesday

Walking the dog is really fun, I even let my son out of his pram to walk down the path.

Playgroup today, 30 mins walk instantly, then walk the dog and I will be upto 90 minutes walk today.

Must drink water.

I am eating around 1200 calories a day, is this sufficient for my body or do I need to eat more?

Keep up the good work, Today is measuring day.

Amy
Old 04-23-2013, 10:04 PM
FitDay Member

Amyrose you are doing so great with the exercise! Only you can know if you are getting enough cals. 1200 seems to be pretty standard for women who are trying to lose weight. Are you hungry (not cravings)? Do you feel good/energetic (sounds like you do)?

Mike I love PB. I have some on toast if I have cals left in my budget. Nothing satisfies more.

Well today I am going to the gym to do weight training. It's been several months since I have been and the torn ligaments in my back are not fully healed. But now I have gotten over that crazy "work through the pain" idea I can do gentle on my back weight training. My weight loss is so slow right now I am hoping this will help. Looking forward to breaking into the 160s.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for this week....
1. Lots of water M: yes, T: yes,
2. Exercise 2 times before work M: no, T: no, W: no,
3. Exercise 2 times after work M: no, T: no
4. Take Chloe for 1 walk (30 mins) M: no, T: no,
5. Planned foods during work & snack M: work yes but snack no, T: Yes,
6. Walk 9 miles on lunches M: 3miles, T: 2miles,

Life Goals...
1. Be honest (even the white lies) M: yes, T: yes(didn't want to a few times but I did),
2. Do something to the rest of the laundry daily M: yes, T: yes,
3. Wipe down kitchen cabinets M: nope, T: No

Bombing on my exercise goals this week so far. Thing is, I feel like I am losing so walking & eating right are working for me. Now to put the whole thing together. Seems lately like when I am exercising right, I eat bad. Then I eat right and don't exercise. I am really tired again this week so maybe the walking will have to be the exercise I need for the week. I will keep trying though.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tues

This seems to be the right recipe:
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 15
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 937, 1130
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 176, 67
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3, 5
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 38, 40
  • Do something I've never done before:
Old 04-24-2013, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
[...] it actually feels great to not have to log AND still lose weight. Besides, all I had was apples and water. NOTHING else. It wouldn't matter if I had 1 apple or 500, the macros wouldn't change. So no pushups.
Well, I log every day and don't lose weight. Except for that 2.5 pounds of water weight dropped between Monday and Tuesday. (~ 2% of body weight.) Apples & PB&J doesn't sound like an especially balanced diet, but, Whatever.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
It is so beautiful outside. Wearing a skirt today...
You are rocking it, April! I'm often wiped out if I've worked hard over the weekend. It takes a few days to recover. And ... It's beautiful here too, folks. Going out to enjoy the weather!

- Donna
Old 04-24-2013, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan food (except maybe Friday) - yes, yes
2) stick to plan (except maybe Friday) -yes meh but I stayed at 1260 or so, lost weight at first and then gained half a pound back. I need to not get too crazy about this stuff or I will wind up weighing myself on the mantle
3) 6 glasses of water -6 4
4) lower sugar (except maybe Friday unless I find a sf dessert) - yes ish but not low carb5) stretch -yes, yes
6) move, even small amount -yes meh back bad
7) practice Spanish -si no
8) meditate - yes no
9) don't give up -yes, yes

Plan:
Cheerios and almond milk
one egg, one egg white, bacon
steak and broccoli
clementine
banana or apple or prunes
lox
ham
100 calorie nuts
sf Vitamuffin or agave sweetened truffles

Last edited by canary52; 04-24-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week:

Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes (and goodness, it was a whopper...)
At least 1500ml water per day: 2500, 2500
At least 15g fiber per day: 21, 15 (14.8 but I'll take it as 15)
Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550: 1237, 1537
Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1400mg: 815, 1177
No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday (but just barely)
Study every day: yes, yes

My report for Tuesday isn't a diet report. It's a Damage Report. You see, there was a major collision between my lips and a whole mess 'o food. To the tune of 2600+ calories for the day ! Fortunately, I had insurance -- the past 7 days were safe (average = 1237), so the total impact of this one day gorgefest won't derail the entire train, as long as it's just one day (and it will be just one day).

Did I at least enjoy the gorgefest? Oh you betcha!!! It was DE-LISH-OUS! No guilt whatsoever. It was my choice, my decision, I'm quite content with it and am mentally prepared for the repercussions that may follow. I already saw a bigger scale number this morning; I assume it's sodium-related water retention, because I doubt fat can develop overnight.

So, will it be a totally blue week? Only time will tell.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. I have been reading the posts. Everyone is doing so well.
Me...not so much. I'm maintaining my weight (which is good) but I am slacking on exercise and fruits and veggies.
I realized I need to come back and get some motivation--which has totally left me.

Hope I am working on a couple of poems and when I feel like they are finished I will share.
I also made a HUGE dent in cleaning out spare bedroom

Jenn
Old 04-24-2013, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Hi everyone. I have been reading the posts. Everyone is doing so well.
Me...not so much. I'm maintaining my weight (which is good) but I am slacking on exercise and fruits and veggies.
I realized I need to come back and get some motivation--which has totally left me.

Hope I am working on a couple of poems and when I feel like they are finished I will share.
I also made a HUGE dent in cleaning out spare bedroom

Jenn
I am looking forward to the poems. I was just thinking how I miss them.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
Goals for the week:

Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes (and goodness, it was a whopper...)
At least 1500ml water per day: 2500, 2500
At least 15g fiber per day: 21, 15 (14.8 but I'll take it as 15)
Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550: 1237, 1537
Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1400mg: 815, 1177
No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday (but just barely)
Study every day: yes, yes

My report for Tuesday isn't a diet report. It's a Damage Report. You see, there was a major collision between my lips and a whole mess 'o food. To the tune of 2600+ calories for the day ! Fortunately, I had insurance -- the past 7 days were safe (average = 1237), so the total impact of this one day gorgefest won't derail the entire train, as long as it's just one day (and it will be just one day).

Did I at least enjoy the gorgefest? Oh you betcha!!! It was DE-LISH-OUS! No guilt whatsoever. It was my choice, my decision, I'm quite content with it and am mentally prepared for the repercussions that may follow. I already saw a bigger scale number this morning; I assume it's sodium-related water retention, because I doubt fat can develop overnight.

So, will it be a totally blue week? Only time will tell.

I love that: damage report, not diet report and the "collision." Best of all? Lack of guilt!!! Yeah baby!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.