Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This! >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

I'm down 2.8. I have learned that apples are a natural diuretic. Yesterday I only had 5 apples and water. A lot of my bloating is gone. I started today with the breakfast of champions, a PB&J sammich!

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0
Monday 4/01/13 - 186.0
Monday 4/08/13 - 183.4
Monday 4/15/13 - 180.2
Monday 4/22/13 - 183.0, Tues. 180.2

1) Lose 3.2 pounds (gotta get in the 170's)
2) 100+ ounces of water per day yes
3) post daily yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes
Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Amy - good going on the calories and no fizzy pop. After a couple of weeks of no fizzy pop, you probably won’t miss it.

epixi - congrats on your Blue Monday! Keep it going!

Hope - Unscrupulous developers....and politicians...grrrr. I still get upset thinking about something in the past. About 30 years ago, when Barbara Boxer (now US senator was my county supervisor), there was a development near us that a county engineer told me never should have been built in the first place. It was in the bay, on fill. The engineer said below the homes was like jello. The supes had allowed them to build with the proviso that they include a public park and some other amenities. They never put in the park and made the other upgrades to the area, but the supes allowed them to expand the development anyway. Money talks.
1. Calories under 1300: 1286
2. An hour extra movement a day: N
3. No sugar, white flour: N (ate 4 potstickers)
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.- getting better at stretching snacks and meals out
Old 04-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Goals:
1) plan food (except maybe Friday) - yes
2) stick to plan (except maybe Friday) -yes
3) 6 glasses of water -6
4) lower sugar (except maybe Friday unless I find a sf dessert) - yes
5) stretch -yes
6) move, even small amount -yes
7) practice Spanish -si
8) meditate - yes
9) don't give up -yes

PLan:
Ezkiel English muffin with lf swiss
ham
veg and black bean soup
small slice of sf bread
steak and broccoli stir fry
2 clementines
1/2 c blueberries
Vitamuffin

Monday, I did everything in small increments, then I went on errands for too long and could feel my back pain in my teeth. I went to a community meeting where I think my pain made me even angrier than I was over what was going on regarding dishonest practices of developers. I cancelled a visit with my friend/writing partner I planned for today because the long drive would cripple me. I am trying to listen to that little voice of reason I have and short of that, that loud cry of pain.

Who had the back pain recently? My heart- and back - go out out to you.

Wishing all well. I will stretch and take it all a little at a time. I resisted meds, even OTC ones, yesterday. I will use deep heat today. I am trying.
Great job so far. My back has been really good lately. I guess al this bike riding is helping.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
you don't say someone's dress makes them look wide in the hips.
To be honest you'd have to say "it's not the dress... it's you" hahaha. Just Kidding.

Originally Posted by dmartz
Mike: This is your week to drop into the 170s! There's no excuse for not logging those apples! If nothing else, you'll know what micro nutrients you're lacking, or if you're over on sodium (but not sugar ;-). I think you should do twenty extra pushups for every day in the past week that you didn't log. (Maybe not all at once.)

- Donna
Nah, it actually feels great to not have to log AND still lose weight. Besides, all I had was apples and water. NOTHING else. It wouldn't matter if I had 1 apple or 500, the macros wouldn't change. So no pushups.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for this week....
1. Lots of water M: yes,
2. Exercise 2 times before work M: no, T: no,
3. Exercise 2 times after work M: no,
4. Take Chloe for 1 walk (30 mins) M: no,
5. Planned foods during work & snack M: work yes but snack no,
6. Walk 9 miles on lunches M: 3miles, T: 2miles,

Life Goals...
1. Be honest (even the white lies) M: yes,
2. Do something to the rest of the laundry daily M: yes,
3. Wipe down kitchen cabinets M: nope,

It is so beautiful outside. Wearing a skirt today so stayed in the parking lot at work instead of going out on the road. Where I work there are a ton of big trucks across the road and I don't like the chance of showing the drivers more than they need to see LOL ... I was walking & texting and walking & texting and before I knew it, my time was up. I must have missed counting a lap or two but I am only logging what I counted.

Must do some exercise tonight. Or yard work that I will accept as exercise.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

BTW I think one day I'm going to put myself on a PB&J sammich diet for a week. IMO it's the perfect food, you can get some good carbs from wheat bread and the PB. The PB is also loaded with healthy fats and protein, a sugar free Jelly (actually preserves, PB&P sounds funny) is a nice added touch. Four a day would put be at just over 1000 calories. I could eat six of this wonderful super-food and be around 1500 calories! This would still allow me to get 90g of protein a day, 72g of HIGH quality fat and 192g of carbs to get me through my workouts. It's a great source of Omega-6 and has more Omega-3 in 2tbsp of the PB than in 2.5 pounds of tuna. I found this out a long time ago. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post39364
Old 04-23-2013, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
BTW I think one day I'm going to put myself on a PB&J sammich diet for a week. IMO it's the perfect food, you can get some good carbs from wheat bread and the PB. The PB is also loaded with healthy fats and protein, a sugar free Jelly (actually preserves, PB&P sounds funny) is a nice added touch. Four a day would put be at just over 1000 calories. I could eat six of this wonderful super-food and be around 1500 calories! This would still allow me to get 90g of protein a day, 72g of HIGH quality fat and 192g of carbs to get me through my workouts. It's a great source of Omega-6 and has more Omega-3 in 2tbsp of the PB than in 2.5 pounds of tuna. I found this out a long time ago. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post39364
Sounds like a plan. And you do love your PB&J's. Why not eat something you love and benefit from it? At least short term.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Hope - Unscrupulous developers....and politicians...grrrr. I still get upset thinking about something in the past. About 30 years ago, when Barbara Boxer (now US senator was my county supervisor), there was a development near us that a county engineer told me never should have been built in the first place. It was in the bay, on fill. The engineer said below the homes was like jello. The supes had allowed them to build with the proviso that they include a public park and some other amenities. They never put in the park and made the other upgrades to the area, but the supes allowed them to expand the development anyway. Money talks.
So true! What you relate is unfortunately too typical. Years ago, a group I was in stopped an irresponsible development and got an environmental group to purchase land and build a nature preserve and museum. One of the same unscrupulous developers that was behind that plan (and others which went bankrupt) is behind this one. They submitted a proposal for senior housing, which was approved, and now are trying to push through something totally different without having to be re-reviewed, claiming there will be no change of impact, which is so untrue since the new plan is three times bigger and would be a total drain on all this community's resources. They also promise to build schools, for example, at some date in the near (but we all know non existent) future. Grrrrrr. Thing is the protest group in my town has to be patient and persisitent, not my strong suits.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Can we put out the marvelous health benefits of pizza? Please? I could do five slices a day, with veggies. Hey that would be five servings of veg right there... Protein from cheese... Fat shmat...I could do a whole wheat crust.... please?
Old 04-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Can we put out the marvelous health benefits of pizza? Please? I could do five slices a day, with veggies. Hey that would be five servings of veg right there... Protein from cheese... Fat shmat...I could do a whole wheat crust.... please?
The least you could do is make a cauliflower crust.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

The least you could do is make a cauliflower crust.
No, that's the most I could do... too much work. Would you eat your PB and J on cauliflower? I'll be my ww crust matches your bread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.