FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/8883-7-day-motivational-thread-1-7-2013-a.html)

quinnesec 01-09-2013 03:29 AM

Hi Mern!

I saw your post about Laughing Cow cheese... I've been buying the Cinnamon flavored one and spreading it on Granny Smith apple slices. I'll have to look for the Chipotle one... sounds good!

01gt4.6 01-09-2013 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl (Post 94022)
I say deal! ;) Moving shelves around the store today will be fun (day three of this...) but I will definitely get on the elliptical tonight! Gotta force myself because the benefits outweight the cons. Now what are the actual cons besides me being lazy and wanting to play computer games? Hmm...

Okay, deal!

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 94029)
Mike, yeah, you WOULD get all teary-eyed with joy having someone else besides you calling me out. I used your rock throwing ban as an excuse to put the rocks back in the creek only because I'm too lazy to lug them around. LOL Wow, great job touching base with all of us.

Quinn, welcome back!

Everyone else, I'm rooting all of you on! :)

Today's planned menu in small meals
-- Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle cheese wedge (yummy) and a flaxmeal pancake
--Low carb veggie soup, preservative free roast beef with horseradish mustard on half a low carb tortilla
--zero cholesterol broccoli omelet
--black and white chicken chili (with black soybeans and without the green chilies I forgot to buy) and a side of sweet and sour cucumbers.
--celery stuffed with tuna salad (I use ranch dressing in it instead of mayo)

I know that deep down you are saving those rocks for a later date.

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 94032)
:o This just goes to show the AWESOMENESS of the internet... only on the internet can you be sitting in a gray sweatsuit, ponytail with no makeup and still get a compliment! lol And no, Cupcake, we're not getting older, we're getting better- like a fine wine... or aged, smelly, expensive cheese, depending on that whole "glass half empty/half full" thing... ;)

haha That reminds me of when I was younger and I was watching Beevis and Butthead and they call some "900" number for some phone action. They get all excited that some hot chick is talking dirty to them, then they show the other end of the phone. I think it was a dirty old man eating fired chicken and smoking.
So wait, now I'm smelly AND cheesy?

Mern 01-09-2013 05:10 AM

Mike, I did unload the rocks, but left them all in a wheelbarrow by the creek, so if I am ever so inclined again, all I have to do it tip them back into the suitcase and send Hope a PM to meet me in Slidell.

Quinn, hey, that's not fair. I'm sitting here in gray sweats, too and didn't get any compliment. But I have short hair, so that must be what makes the difference. :p I haven't seen the cinnamon Laughing Cow cheese, but that sounds really yummy. I'll certainly try it if I DO see it.

Got my exercise done. And tomorrow is one of my two earned days off exercise. HOORAY! I have to exercise well again both Friday and Saturday to get Sunday off.

quinnesec 01-09-2013 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 94036)

haha That reminds me of when I was younger and I was watching Beevis and Butthead and they call some "900" number for some phone action. They get all excited that some hot chick is talking dirty to them, then they show the other end of the phone. I think it was a dirty old man eating fired chicken and smoking.
So wait, now I'm smelly AND cheesy?

...and I'm a dirty old man eating fried chicken and smoking?? LOL. ;)

bojibridge 01-09-2013 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 93985)
You're off to a good start. Can I pick a goal for ya??

Keep on keepin' on!

Mike, you can absolutely pick a goal for me... within reason! :D

01gt4.6 01-09-2013 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 94043)
Mike, I did unload the rocks, but left them all in a wheelbarrow by the creek, so if I am ever so inclined again, all I have to do it tip them back into the suitcase and send Hope a PM to meet me in Slidell.

I'm sure Hope would love to come back this way.

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 94047)
...and I'm a dirty old man eating fried chicken and smoking?? LOL. ;)

Noooo... you don't smoke, do you? :D

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94049)
Mike, you can absolutely pick a goal for me... within reason! :D

How about 64 oz. of water/day?

adyndravo1 01-09-2013 07:09 AM

:D Hi all. It took me a while to find where you went to. I have not had very good days for the last 2. I get stressed and no money to go do anything and the high yesterday was low 20's. My road is ice and snow. I have been working out iside I have several exercise tapes. I did not get all the water I said I would but have been very close the last day or so. It is early and I have 4 cups down.
The thing about water is- the more you can drink down the better the wieght loss, water retenbtion is less, Mucus is thin enough to drain or blow out, and it helps keep the kidneys and urinary tracthealthy. So drink up all.
Oh almost forgot lost 2.5 lbs this last week.
Nyda
goals:water 10 to 12 cups
exercise 3 to 4 times
calories under 1600

amalthea1892 01-09-2013 08:01 AM

Goals:

Focus on real food (90% is a Y): Y, Y
Focus on H2O: Y, Y
Vitamin daily: N, N
Get back to exercising: N, N, Maybe tonight...
Get scrapbooking project ready to go: N, N, N
Finish writing Chapters 1 and 2 for Projects A and B: N, Making Progress, Almost done with Project A
Don't stress over work/finances: N, Y, Better

01gt4.6 01-09-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by adyndravo1 (Post 94054)
Oh almost forgot lost 2.5 lbs this last week.
Nyda
goals:water 10 to 12 cups
exercise 3 to 4 times
calories under 1600

GREAT JOB!!!!Woooo whoooo. :D

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 94058)
Goals:

Focus on real food (90% is a Y): Y, Y
Focus on H2O: Y, Y
Vitamin daily: N, N
Get back to exercising: N, N, Maybe tonight...
Get scrapbooking project ready to go: N, N, N
Finish writing Chapters 1 and 2 for Projects A and B: N, Making Progress, Almost done with Project A
Don't stress over work/finances: N, Y, Better

Keep it up. Congrats on almost being done with Project A

jjrudd 01-09-2013 10:00 AM

1. Log Mon-Fri Mon--Wed yes
2. Stay away from sweets--squares, donuts (and Tim Horton's muffins count too) yes, yes, yes we shall see tomorrow as we usually go after getting groceries
3. Drink the darn water--6 glasses Mon-hmm only 4 so far so no Tues-6 Wed-6
4. 4 servings fruits and veggies yes, yes Wed-only 3
5. Eat within carb/protein limit 140/60 Mon-135/40, Tues 145/56, Wed 130/45
6. Exercise 5X--30 mins Mon and Wed-20 min, Tues NONE

Just started another routine for Wii Sports Active. It's 21 days so hopefully I will be able to complete it! I haven't lost any weight this week but haven't gained since the last time I weighed myself either. I would really like to lose a few pounds before my Dr appointment.

Jenn

blkblueanimegrl 01-09-2013 10:37 AM

Alright, time to work out! I told Mike I would after all! :D

Figured I would try to get two birds with one stone on this - gonna try to read some chapters while on the elliptical! Just fueled up with some cucumber salad, so here goes nothing! :)

quinnesec 01-09-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl (Post 94064)

Figured I would try to get two birds with one stone on this - gonna try to read some chapters while on the elliptical! Just fueled up with some cucumber salad, so here goes nothing! :)

Exercising your brain AND your buns! Now that's a workout! :D

Today I did several levels of Lumosity, supposedly to strengthen your brain function. The results showed that I can problem solve quickly and efficiently, but have the memory of a goldfish, apparently... Hmmm. Seems as though I would be able to fix my car, just not remember where I left it. Lol

lcriswell0421 01-09-2013 11:57 AM

1. Take meds 2x day
yes, yes
2. Log everything
yes, yes
3. Plan meals day before so I have a plan ready to go when I wake up
no, yes (but it changed throughout the day)

I'm thinking that I should revise my goal #3 to be that I will plan my breakfast the night before, and work on lunch/dinner in the morning. It seems that's what I must be used to doing.

I skipped lunch today because I had a calorie and carb heavy dinner...pork country ribs in the crock pot with a little bbq sauce, home made au gratin potatoes, and a roll. With skipping lunch I am able to stay close to target on my calories and right on target with my carbs. This is the first time I've ever made home made au gratin potatoes before. A little time consuming, but the results were so worth it. It's amazing how eating clean tastes so much better than a box! Best cheesy potatoes I ever had!

The thread is so busy I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone's posts. I will try to do better tomorrow.

bojibridge 01-09-2013 12:38 PM

1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y, W - off
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y

blkblueanimegrl 01-09-2013 12:48 PM

1. Cardio at least 3 days for 45 minutes: N, N, 20 min,
2. Make 2 new homemade meals for the week: N, Y, N
3. Stretch everyday: N, Y, Y
4. Log it! N, Y, Y
5. <1700 calories/day: N/A, 1689, 2170,

cjohnson728 01-09-2013 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421 (Post 94068)
it's amazing how eating clean tastes so much better than a box!

Amen to that!

quinnesec 01-09-2013 01:15 PM

Another great day, diet-wise. Down 3 pounds since the first of the year. This is the first time since last summer that I feel confident that I will get back down to my original goal weight and hopefully, fairly soon. :)

01gt4.6 01-09-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl (Post 94064)

I didn't get to do cardio because I went to the gym and lifted. I'll get it in though.

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421 (Post 94068)
1. Take meds 2x day
yes, yes
2. Log everything
yes, yes
3. Plan meals day before so I have a plan ready to go when I wake up
no, yes (but it changed throughout the day)

I'm thinking that I should revise my goal #3 to be that I will plan my breakfast the night before, and work on lunch/dinner in the morning. It seems that's what I must be used to doing.

I skipped lunch today because I had a calorie and carb heavy dinner...pork country ribs in the crock pot with a little bbq sauce, home made au gratin potatoes, and a roll. With skipping lunch I am able to stay close to target on my calories and right on target with my carbs. This is the first time I've ever made home made au gratin potatoes before. A little time consuming, but the results were so worth it. It's amazing how eating clean tastes so much better than a box! Best cheesy potatoes I ever had!

The thread is so busy I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone's posts. I will try to do better tomorrow.

Awesome job. There no rule that says you have to keep up. ;)

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94072)
1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y, W - off
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y

You are killing it this week!!

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl (Post 94074)
1. Cardio at least 3 days for 45 minutes: N, N, 20 min,
2. Make 2 new homemade meals for the week: N, Y, N
3. Stretch everyday: N, Y, Y
4. Log it! N, Y, Y
5. <1700 calories/day: N/A, 1689, 2170,

Looks like you're going to finish strong.

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 94077)
Another great day, diet-wise. Down 3 pounds since the first of the year. This is the first time since last summer that I feel confident that I will get back down to my original goal weight and hopefully, fairly soon. :)

w00t w00t on the loss!!

cjohnson728 01-09-2013 04:02 PM

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1279, 1282, 1228
2. Exercise 5 days or more. One
3. 64 oz. fluids. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours per night, at least. Nope-6, Nope-6.5, Nope-4.5
6. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes-4, Yes-4, Yes-4
8. Drive with the boy. Yes On hold till weekend; this semester is a bear already!

dmartz 01-10-2013 01:17 AM

Wed.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 250, 188, 196
  • Lift weights @ gym (> 30 mins): (scheduled for Thurs.)
  • & Exercise > 30 mins x 2: Y(1), Y(2)
  • Vegetables! > 3 serviings/day: Y, Y, Y (more beets, etc. )
So far, so good this week. Even keeping the protein over 90 gs. I suspect it won't last through the weekend, though.

Krystal: I'm not so good at Math, but I'm good at Arithmetic. ;) I just made up those thesis titles, and I'm not sure the second one makes any sense. But, it does make me wonder how to export log data for detailed analysis. Hum...

lcriswell0421 01-10-2013 02:25 AM

quinn, good for you on the loss!

Cassie and dmartz, you both are doing super well this week so far. Except the sleep. Is it because you stay up to late or do you suffer from insomnia? I could not survive on that little sleep. Hope it improves for you!

I was worried that I was going to far over my calorie limit, but I got on the scale this morning and in 10 days I have lost 4.5 lbs! yea! I'm sure some of it was water retention, but I don't really care what kind of weight it is...it's not on me anymore. :)

canary52 01-10-2013 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 94050)
I'm sure Hope would love to come back this way.

Yup. ops! I mean "si ." Jaja.

bojibridge 01-10-2013 02:39 AM

Nice job, Lisa - I agree, whatever kind of weight it is, I'm just glad when it's gone!

So, interesting problem I'm having... I've started drinking a lot less coffee in the past couple of weeks - not actually on purpose, just haven't been in the mood for it as much, I guess. Anyway, as I've said before, I never skimped on my half and half, because I just liked it, darn it! But now I have like 300 extra calories floating around to use, which is good when I'm hungry, but when I'm not, I'm not sure what to do with them. So my question is - what is the best time of day to use those calories? Breakfast? My breakfasts are pretty low calorie now - usually Greek yogurt with some fruit, only about 150 calories. I could add more, although that usually gets me through 'til noon. Although, as I'm saying that, my stomach is rumbling, and it's 10:40... Opinions?

canary52 01-10-2013 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 94028)
Ah bueno. Ahora entiendo. Por cierto, no saben español. Estoy teniendo para utilizar un traductor. Los que aquí que no saben español o utilizar un traductor probablemente piensa que estoy realmente inteligente! Jaja :)

Hablo como una nina estupido. Jaja. Tu sabes mas Espanol que me.

canary52 01-10-2013 02:50 AM

Goals:

1) stretch every day: Yes, Yes, yes
2) plan food (seems to be working): Yes, Yes, yes
3) stay close to plan: Ummm, no Yes?
4) drink 6 glasses of water: 6, 7 IDK5) keep track of water: Yes, yes No
6) meditate (it really helps): Yes, yes, yes
7) practice Spanish at least a half hour a day if not more: Si, Nada quince minutos
8) be professional: Yes, yes ish, got a "consultation"
9) Do not JAD, explain I think is OK (justify, argue, defend): Yes, yes no, argued
10) Light exercise 3x min this week without doing anything to further upset my back or knees: NO, NO, NO

CANNOT keep up with the posts, may try later.

canary52 01-10-2013 02:52 AM

Plan:
ham and egg whites yes
turkey sandwich yes and 1/2 a ham and cheese for snack
burger, no bun, veg or salad or sushi and soup (will be out) turkey burger and salad
Snacks:
nuts, yes almonds with raisins
clementines -apple
cheese
fruit

two bites sugar free cheese cake, one bite regular

I'm gonna count this as OK

canary52 01-10-2013 02:55 AM

eggs whites and ham
chicken breast and salad
chicken thighs and veg
nuts
fruit
lox or sardines
Vitamuffin or 94% ff popcorn

quinnesec 01-10-2013 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421 (Post 94092)
quinn, good for you on the loss!

I was worried that I was going to far over my calorie limit, but I got on the scale this morning and in 10 days I have lost 4.5 lbs! yea! I'm sure some of it was water retention, but I don't really care what kind of weight it is...it's not on me anymore. :)

4.5 lbs!! That's wonderful! It doesn't matter where it comes from... just smile knowing that it's GONE! :D

quinnesec 01-10-2013 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94094)
Nice job, Lisa - I agree, whatever kind of weight it is, I'm just glad when it's gone!

So, interesting problem I'm having... I've started drinking a lot less coffee in the past couple of weeks - not actually on purpose, just haven't been in the mood for it as much, I guess. Anyway, as I've said before, I never skimped on my half and half, because I just liked it, darn it! But now I have like 300 extra calories floating around to use, which is good when I'm hungry, but when I'm not, I'm not sure what to do with them. So my question is - what is the best time of day to use those calories? Breakfast? My breakfasts are pretty low calorie now - usually Greek yogurt with some fruit, only about 150 calories. I could add more, although that usually gets me through 'til noon. Although, as I'm saying that, my stomach is rumbling, and it's 10:40... Opinions?

Here's my suggestion...

Either don't add anything to compensate the extra 300 calories, if you feel ok at that level or add something very high fiber around that amount... say granola or something similar to your yogurt to make your body digest it more slowly. That should fix the "rumbly tumbly" as Pooh would say. :)

01gt4.6 01-10-2013 03:33 AM

My lovelies. I'll likely be MIA today. I pulled my back out and it's bad this time. The slightest move feels like a spasm. I'll try to check in later.

bojibridge 01-10-2013 04:01 AM

Oh no, Mike! I hope it heals quickly!

Quinn - thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, the problem is that without the 300 calories, I'm barely breaking 1100. I'm okay with this once in a while, but I think for me, I generally need another couple hundred. I like your idea of adding to the yogurt - I've had Kashi Go Lean in my yogurt a couple times, maybe I'll adding that consistently.

quinnesec 01-10-2013 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 94102)
My lovelies. I'll likely be MIA today. I pulled my back out and it's bad this time. The slightest move feels like a spasm. I'll try to check in later.

Ugh... Sorry to hear that. :( I know how bad it can be. No lifting for a while! Lots of heat, muscle relaxants and IB. Decompression and traction have been my best friends for several years... Lol.

sarah709 01-10-2013 07:07 AM

Hello all,

I'm new to this site and I'm so glad I've found it! I posted on the Welcome board about my journey to get healthy again (I Finally Go It!) and a moderator suggested that I post here. I'm trying to get healthy not just in body but mind and soul too. I want to celebrate my journey by having as much fun taking off a hundred pounds as I did putting it on. :) I was shocked to see myself in some Christmas pictures and decided it was time to do something. I sat down and had a real talk with myself and I didn't like what I heard. I'm not interested in beating myself up--there's not point. I realize that I can be just as stressed, happy, frustrated while being healthy as overweight!! This outer shell isn’t me!! So I'm taking charge of my life. I'm delighted to say that my husband and family is rooting for me in the coolest way. They want to work out with me!! Woot woot! I like it. :D

Today I have a child home from school and I couldn't go to the gym. So I pulled out my hand weights and my Biggest Looser DVD. It was a great workout and it kept me on track. No more excuses for me! I was looking at the other posts and I saw the accountability checklist and I'd love to adopt it too. This is an amazing place with amazing people.

Water--4 down
Exercise-yes
Food log--yes
I can't remember the others but you'll be seeing them on my posts. Getting healthy isn't for sissy's!!!!
Sarah709

lcriswell0421 01-10-2013 08:53 AM

Mike, I'm really sorry to hear about your back! I hope it gets on the mend quickly!

Hi, Sarah. Nice to see you here!

I agree with quinn. Some granola or something would be nice to add to the yogurt for a little extra.

01gt4.6 01-10-2013 09:30 AM

Thanks ladies. I pretty much laid in bed all day, way too long. I scheduled a chiro appt for tomorrow morning. I hope I'm better because I have to work, and I have tickets to the Hornets game.

ToriD1012 01-10-2013 09:36 AM

Just a quick check in. Be back later

1--Log EVERYTHING!--yes, yes, no-cheat day
2--Drink Water....lots and lots of water!--better....but not great, no, still not where I need to be
3--Hit the treadmill at least 3 times--nope, no, no
4--Log in and post at least 5 times--Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

amalthea1892 01-10-2013 09:38 AM

Goals:

Focus on real food (90% is a Y): Y, Y, Y, Y (so far)
Focus on H2O: Y, Y, Y, Y
Vitamin daily: N, N, N, Y
Get back to exercising: N, N, Maybe tonight... (N), Y
Get scrapbooking project ready to go: N, N, N, Thinking about it...
Finish writing Chapters 1 and 2 for Projects A and B: N, Making Progress, Almost done with Project A, still on A, B will need to wait until next week.
Don't stress over work/finances: N, Y, Better, Starting not to give a crap...

Can't keeeep uuuuppp with the posts! I can hardly find my goals each day :). But just a few replies, I hope to do better next round...

Mike - Poor baby! I hope your back feels better soon.

Joanna - What to do with extra calories... hmmm, alot of naughty treats come to mind, but I'll be good and suggest avocado!

Cassie - Regarding scrapbooking, I am a big time cheater. Ever seen those albums where you just slip the pix in slots, then add some words :o. Have fun with your sons album!

Lisa - 4.5 lbs! That's fantastic!!!!

Quinn - Yay!!! 3 lbs down!

Hi Sarah - Welcome! Good luck with your goals!

jjrudd 01-10-2013 10:12 AM

1. Log Mon-Fri Mon--Thurs yes
2. Stay away from sweets--squares, donuts (and Tim Horton's muffins count too) yes, yes, yes we shall see tomorrow as we usually go after getting groceries. Stayed home and exercised so YES
3. Drink the darn water--6 glasses Mon-hmm only 4 so far so no Tues-Thurs-6 I have been drinking half a glass when I get up in the middle of the night and another half when I wake up
4. 4 servings fruits and veggies yes, yes Wed-only 3, yes
5. Eat within carb/protein limit 140/60 Mon-135/40, Tues 145/56, Wed 130/45 Thurs over on both
6. Exercise 5X--30 mins Mon and Wed-20 min, Tues NONE, Thurs 35min

Ugh not quite up to the 30 min average but I will try and get some exercise in Sun.
It's funny how I think I'm eating fairly healthy and still over on carbs--clementines are 18 for 2.

Jenn

dmartz 01-10-2013 10:25 AM

Have you tried ...

Mike: I know this is just one bit of anecdotal info that may not be worth a plug nickle, but... My Honey used to have chronic back pain, on and off for years. Used to get shots for it and everything. Until... one day I was adamant that we get a new mattress set and, Miracle Cure! He hasn't been bothered by back pain since. I, on the other hand, don't sleep as well on this bed as I did on the last one, but if it cures what ails him, I love it.

Your mileage may vary. Hope you feel better soon.

- Donna

molly221 01-10-2013 10:51 AM

Not feeling it today and didn't walk. I have Crohn's disease and some days just require a little more rest .
Stocked up on the Costco bagels that ds loves. They smell so awesome and garlicky every time he toasts one. Ate one for snack and it smells way better than it tastes. Kind of blah.

Goals:
Log meals every day. Y. Y. Y Y
Walk at least 20 minutes each day. Y. Y. Y. N.
Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night Y. Y. Y. Y