FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/8883-7-day-motivational-thread-1-7-2013-a.html)

cjohnson728 01-07-2013 03:49 PM

Hey Tori, how is the Jassi Cat??

Robin, thanks for the link. I may have to try that parfait. It reminds me of the one from Panera, except they use granola (come to think of it, that picture in your link looks more like granola than oats). Regardless, yum.

Today's report:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1279
2. Exercise 5 days or more.
3. 64 oz. fluids. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours per night, at least. Nope-6
6. Eat clean. Yes
7. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes-4
8. Drive with the boy. Yes

01gt4.6 01-07-2013 04:29 PM

1) log everything (except for one cheat day) yes (it wasn't that pretty)
2) 3 fruit/veggies per day 2
3) exercise 3 times 0
4) a lot of water pretty good
---------------
5) write two policies 0
6) lend a helping hand not yet

01gt4.6 01-07-2013 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by molly221 (Post 93861)
I need to be more active here. 7 posts since jan 2011. I have logged my weight and meals in the last 2 years.

Goals:
Log meals every day.
Walk at least 20 minutes each day.
Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night

Welcome back Molly!!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 93864)
I've gained roughly 10 lbs since he's been home. Partly because I haven't really cared what I was eating.

Wait, what?? You gained 10 pounds and didn't blame me? That's like saying "blah blah blah" it has no substance without the blame game. Sheesh, some people, do I need to teach you everything?:rolleyes: Now in our WT language... WWYGWADBM??? blah blah blah. Dew eye need two teech you everting?:D

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 93872)
Pretty good day here. I was ravenous today, unfortunately, which makes it hard 'cause all you can think about is all the food you wish you could be eating. But, I've ended up around 1320 calories, so I did fine.

I'm watching the Biggest Loser, which I haven't done since like, season 2 or 3. It's pretty inspiring, despite not really being realistic.

good job on staying so low on the calories. Great idea on watching the Biggest Looser.

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 93873)
Holy cow, you're back!!! I was beginning to think Mike kidnapped you!!!

You're counted in by all means!!!

No, she locked the door and wouldn't let me in. I huffed and puffed and when I was out of breath she threw an empty inhaler at me.:mad:

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421 (Post 93875)
Anybody mind if I come back and join the party?

It's been a while since I replied with a song, you get the first one of 2013!!

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 93876)
Mike!!!! Welcome back!!! Sorry your back is out. Now I feel bad and can't even throw a pebble at ya.

Thanks. It felt much better once I hopped on the bike. Poor TPM has been neglected.

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 93880)
I was hungry today too but I know why poor planning. All was good until supper, I was far from home, did not eat enough and then went to the gym hungry. And left the gym very hungry. And then picked up my son who wanted to go through the Tim Horton's drive through (he's eating 3000 cals per day to GAIN weight) and I thought oh well I will have a yogourt. Guess what no yogourt. I could have really blew it then, lots of bad choices at Tim's but I got a small decaf coffee and nursed it til I could get home and make some toast.

Learned my lesson about going to the gym hungry!! Total cals for the day 1300 whew! Close call.

Mike, hope your back is feeling better.

Robin

Poor planning gets the best of us. Thanks, as long as I'm able to go without surgery, I should quit crying about it. :cool:

Originally Posted by kimbur96 (Post 93888)
OK kids here are this weeks goals:
1) Follow the half marathon training program without deviating.

Training is for suckers! Well, I guess if I don't get busy, I'll be the sucker in.... ummmmmmm 7 weeks.

Robingen 01-07-2013 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421 (Post 93887)
Wow, Robin! I've never heard of Tim's, but from what I can gather here they must have some pretty good stuff there. You must have will of steel to wait until you got home!

Lisa, Tim Horton's is THE coffee and donut shop, one every few blocks. They sell the most amazing carbs: sandwiches, bagels and donuts and rolls of every flavor. Everything you can picture leaking with sugar. Everybody goes there, the line ups are huge. I clearly have to stay away from there...

Robingen 01-07-2013 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 93897)
Hey Tori, how is the Jassi Cat??

Robin, thanks for the link. I may have to try that parfait. It reminds me of the one from Panera, except they use granola (come to think of it, that picture in your link looks more like granola than oats). Regardless, yum.

Today's report:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1279
2. Exercise 5 days or more.
3. 64 oz. fluids. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours per night, at least. Nope-6
6. Eat clean. Yes
7. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes-4
8. Drive with the boy. Yes

Off to a good start Cassie!

dmartz 01-08-2013 12:21 AM

Monday Report

I was extra hungry Monday also. I believe it's a residual effect from the weekend/end-of-holidays. Goals this week - more of the same from Dec. with one new addition:
  • Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 250,
  • Lift weights @ gym (> 30 mins):
  • & Exercise > 30 mins x 2:
  • Vegetables! > 3 serviings/day: Y
Just looked back at the log from yesterday and I just squeaked under the Cholesterol threshold, with 249.5 mg! Hoping to be more conscious about that this year.

- Donna

lcriswell0421 01-08-2013 12:26 AM

Mike, thanks for the song! :)

Cassie, I agree with Robin...great start!

1. Take meds 2x day
yes
2. Log everything
yes
3. Plan meals day before so I have a plan ready to go when I wake up
no (I forgot last night, but I did it immediately when I logged on this morning before I ate anything and ruined my day.)

I woke up at about 3a.m. and found myself foraging through the fridge because I was starving. I thought, "3 more hours until I can eat breakfast???!!! I can't make it!" I managed to snap myself out of it and made myself go back to bed. The hunger passed because when I woke up at the right time, I didn't feel that hungry at all. So glad I was able to get past the urge and not hit the snack cupboard!

dmartz 01-08-2013 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421 (Post 93911)
I woke up at about 3a.m. and found myself foraging through the fridge because I was starving. I thought, "3 more hours until I can eat breakfast???!!! I can't make it!" I managed to snap myself out of it and made myself go back to bed. The hunger passed because when I woke up at the right time, I didn't feel that hungry at all. So glad I was able to get past the urge and not hit the snack cupboard!

Way to go!

When I wake up @ 3 I'm always dehydrated. Drink more water!

- Donna

ToriD1012 01-08-2013 01:12 AM

A quick update. I will catch up with everyone this evening.

1--Log EVERYTHING!--yes
2--Drink Water....lots and lots of water!--better, but not great
3--Hit the treadmill at least 3 times--nope
4--Log in and post at least 5 times--yep

canary52 01-08-2013 02:03 AM

Goals:

1) stretch every day: Yes
2) plan food (seems to be working): Yes
3) stay close to plan: Ummm
4) drink 6 glasses of water: 6
5) keep track of water: Yes
6) meditate (it really helps): Yes
7) practice Spanish at least a half hour a day if not more: Si
8) be professional: Yes
9) Do not JAD, explain I think is OK (justify, argue, defend): Yes
10) Light exercise 3x min this week without doing anything to further upset my back or knees: NO

Boy this thread is jumping, more later.

canary52 01-08-2013 02:08 AM

egg whites, mushrooms, scallions and ham (seems to work)- substituted goat cheese for ham
turkey or ham sammie with lettuce -turkey
fish and veg- 1.5 pieces chicken parm, a little whole wheat pasta
Snacks:
nuts -yes, a 100 cal pack of almonds and walnuts plus about a teaspoon of peanut butter
Vitamuffin -yes with fruit only jam
fruit -clementines, strawberries
some roast chicken
cheese stick, one or two slices mozzarrella

canary52 01-08-2013 02:09 AM

Plan:
chicken sausage with egg whites -yes
chef salad - no, plain salad with whole wheat pasta for lunch
fish and veg
snacks:
might have a little ww pasta (not gonna lie) - 1 c exactly for lunch
fruit- clementine, apple, 3 prunes
nuts - 100 calorie pack of almonds and walnuts
vitamuffin - one sugar free oatmeal cookie instead

amalthea1892 01-08-2013 04:28 AM

Goals:

Focus on real food (90% is a Y): Y
Focus on H2O: Y
Vitamin daily: N
Get back to exercising: N
Get scrapbooking project ready to go: N
Finish writing Chapters 1 and 2 for Projects A and B: N
Don't stress over work/finances: N

Geez… I am just getting around to a posting a few goals and we are already on page 6 this week! YAY!!! It is a crazy week for me work wise, so that means I’ll be way too busy to feel hungry, which is a bonus! Good luck everybody on your goals this week! I'll check in when I can.

Welcome back Lisa and Tori!

blkblueanimegrl 01-08-2013 04:29 AM

Okay, it's a late start for me, but I AM back this week. The holidays just kept making it more difficult, and I haven't logged for a couple weeks (eek!), BUT I have logged everything so far today! I need to get back in routine because it was working for me!

Glad to see the new faces, and welcome back to those that have come back! I look forward to getting to know you!

Let's see, simple goals this week. I'll work my way back into things by next week! (A non-marked goal lol)

1. Cardio at least 3 days for 45 minutes
2. Make 2 new homemade meals for the week
3. Stretch everyday
4. Log it!
5. <1700 calories/day

I think that's a start... My own personal goal is not to procrastinate on homework! My term started up to Joanna, and I was crazy enough to sign up for two classes: Information Technology and Quantitative Analysis! I'm excited :)

Speaking of which, off to read!

cjohnson728 01-08-2013 05:06 AM

Ama, I swear we were separated at birth. I have a scrapbook project ready to launch, too, lol!

Glad to see you Krystal! I hope you enjoy your classes!

Feeling a little sniffly today but my 4-hour eval no-showed, so there's really no excuse for me not to go get some exercise :o.

bojibridge 01-08-2013 05:13 AM

Good luck, Krystal! I started back in on some research today, although I still think I'm gonna work a short day. Probably go home around 3, go for a run and whatnot. I'll be swamped before too long, so I'm going to take the slow start as I can get it!

I forgot to post goals yesterday. My goal is to do the right thing, and to avoid doing wrong things. But I guess I could write it out :D

1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y

Um, so that's all I can think of for now, if I have any other ideas, I'll add them later.

molly221 01-08-2013 05:51 AM

I took a tip from the above and used half a goat cheese medallion as a condiment. I had oversalted salmon from dinner last night so threw it with 3 (unsalted) scrambled eggs and some goat cheese. Scrumptious and filling.

Goals:
Log meals every day. Y
Walk at least 20 minutes each day. Y
Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night Y

amalthea1892 01-08-2013 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 93937)
Ama, I swear we were separated at birth. I have a scrapbook project ready to launch, too, lol!

Haha! Maybe we were Sister! I have been into Creative Memories for several years. I just finished my wedding album last week, and need to finish DS 2 baby books, and my honeymoon album. I attend a scrapbooking retreat every January for an entire weekend (coming up in 2 weeks). There are 12 ladies that attend and we each have a 6 foot table to spread our projects out on. And there is a chef that preps all our meals! Needless to say I don't count any calories on retreat weekend!

What project are you getting ready to launch?

cjohnson728 01-08-2013 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 93948)
What project are you getting ready to launch?

Uh...the whole thing, practically. Embarrassingly, I've only gotten up to my son's second year! I feel like a terrible mom that I don't have his baby albums done (he is 16). I have the materials; in fact, his day care teacher was the one who sold Creative Memories, and I've picked up things here and there. I do a few pages at a time but somehow life always intervenes and I never keep it going, especially after I became self-employed. But I have recently vowed to have all his pics and memories (pictures, notes, artwork, some priceless school assignments, newspaper clippings) in albums by the time he leaves for college :o. So that gives me 2.5 years! You are obviously more on the ball than I! Your retreat sounds awesome...enjoy it!

Molly, good thinking on your meal. See, Hope, not boring...helpful!

Bleh, I definitely feel I'm coming down with something. I was lucky to duck the horrible head/chest cold the boys had back in early Dec; I hope this is not the same thing. Fortunately I had "planned-overs" on the menu tonight: homemade chicken-tomato veggie soup and probably some nice quality grilled cheese on homemade bread.

Really, now, off to the basement to hit the bike or treadmill.

blkblueanimegrl 01-08-2013 11:58 AM

1. Cardio at least 3 days for 45 minutes: N, N,
2. Make 2 new homemade meals for the week: N, Y,
3. Stretch everyday: N, Y
4. Log it! N, Y,
5. <1700 calories/day: N/A, 1689

ToriD1012 01-08-2013 12:30 PM

Cassie--The Jassi Cat is doing well. She still isn't allowed at WHN's place (stupid landlord) so I have to go back and forth to Momma and Daddy's to see her. But with WHN on second shift now, I actually have MORE time to see her. I don't have to rush home to see him before he goes to sleep for a few hours and then to work. Now, I can go to the parentals' and spend a good bit of time with her before coming home. WHN and I are saving for a new JC friendly home. He was originally aiming for roughly a year to a year and a half from his coming home, but now he's leaning toward as soon as possible. He's realized that the landlord is lazy and it's too far from both of our jobs. I'll have to keep y'all posted on that. You're off to a good start this week, keep it up!!

Joanna--Thanks for asking about me. Life has just been crazy, ya know? But a good crazy. I'm with you with just a few goals. I'm trying to ease my way back into the craziness around here

Krystal--good to see you back at it! Good luck with your classes. I've thought about going back to school, just not sure what I'd take. WHN is going to use the GI Bill to finish up his degree, which is awesome! Your goals look good. Do you mind sharing your new homemade meal ideas? I'm always looking for new meals. I get tired of the same ole same ole.

Hope--your goals are looking GOOD this week. You just gotta work on the light exercise, but you've got plenty of time this week. I have complete faith in ya! And don't worry about posting your menus, if it works to have it here on FD, then I say GO for it!!

Kimbur--welcome back to you too! I say as I have been hit or miss around here for months :o When is your 1/2?

Molly--welcome to the madness. Don't pay any attention to me and Mike, we have our own little world that we live in, and sometimes we like to confuse the heck out of our friends here at Fitday :cool: Your goals look good this week. Good luck with them.

Mern--MERN???? Where'd you go? You still gathering rocks to throw at Mike???

Ama--thanks for the welcome back. It feels good to have my "me time" again. I miss having the time to catch up with all y'all. I wish I had the patience for scrapbooking. WHN's sister gave me a small scrapbooking kit for Christmas, just don't know if I'll make the time to use it. I do like crafts though. Those that were around Christmas 2011 got to see my handwork at homemade blankets. I also love needlework and hand embroidery. I've done a few scarves this winter, and have a few more to make....just waiting for Hobby Lobby to get the yarn back in.

BUBBA!--I'm bbbaaaccckkkk. Now you have to put up with me in two forms of communication again! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And IDWATNTKIHAHOBO, TWIBMFTWG. And know, ewe don't have tu explane everthang too me. Geez!!

Okay, I think I've covered everybody. If I missed someone, I'm sorry. I'll try to do better next time.

Today was a good day as far as my goals are, not so great on the home front. It's a good thing I haven't set a specific calorie limit. I'm trying to ease back into this. I've eaten how I've wanted for way too long, and I need to get it under control. Tuesday at work was a Tuesday at work....BUSY! Then when on the way home I saw something I never wanted to see. One of the doggies that WHN and I have been taking care of was hit by a car. The dogs are technically WHN's niece's, but since she's moved back to her dad's, we've been taking care of them. It was definitely NOT what I wanted to see laying in the road this evening. I'm not even sure if WHN knows yet. He loves those little dogs. I called WHN's sister, to see if her husband could get Bubba (the dog, not Mike) out of the road. They live two houses up from us. I tried to get Bubba out of the road, but Boss (the other doggie) was all up in my business and I didn't want him in the road too long for fear that he'd get hit too. Boss is going to miss Bubba, they were best buds. :( Anywho. I'm going to go watch some tv before I have to head to bed. Working on Wednesdays is still new to me. After 10+ years of having them off, my body doesn't understand why it has to get up early on Wednesdays now :p

blkblueanimegrl 01-08-2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 93968)
Krystal--good to see you back at it! Good luck with your classes. I've thought about going back to school, just not sure what I'd take. WHN is going to use the GI Bill to finish up his degree, which is awesome! Your goals look good. Do you mind sharing your new homemade meal ideas? I'm always looking for new meals. I get tired of the same ole same ole.

Thanks Tori! Taking just two weeks off made me feel bleh! I'm actually going for my MBA in Quantitative Analysis, and hopefully my doctorate after that! :) Exciting but arduous at the same time lol

I don't mind sharing my meals! I'm sure I'll be doing repeats from the past few months that I'll put up here too! Today wasn't anything special - Tempeh with orange and honey glaze (did it quick, so literally pan-fried the tempeh and then cooked it in OJ and finished with a little honey on top), and cucumber salad. I love to julienne different cucumbers and red, yellow, and orange peppers (for colour!) and then add blush wine vinaigrette for it to soak in. :)

Glad everyone is doing well! It's nice to have the support back! :D G'night everyone!!

Robingen 01-08-2013 12:41 PM

Wow, there are so many posts. This is so exciting.

Now that the "term" is back in and scheduling is hectic I need to start documenting my goals too. I am not there yet as far as meal planning (even though I was burned by this yesterday).

1. Log every day
2. Cals 1200-1400
3. Exercise at least 5x a week
4. Read posts on this thread.
5. Replace a coffee with cream with green tea once per day.

Mern- did you ever come back from your cardio class?

Robin

lcriswell0421 01-08-2013 12:48 PM

Krystal, nice to see you back at it! Those classes sound really hard! lol

Cassie, I'm sorry you're feeling sniffly. I hope you get over it quick and feel better.

Tori...Soooo sorry about the dog! That's so sad :(

My mom gave me a recipe last week that she invented, and I tweaked it just a smidge when I made it tonight. It was sooooo good! Low cal too! I don't know what to call other than Green Enchilada Chicken Soup. Soooo tasty. It was a big hit at my house. I'll post the recipe in the other section if any of you want to try it sometime. If you do, let me know how you like it.

Like Tori, it's a good thing I didn't give myself a calorie goal. I made a treat tonight. It's baking right now and smells divine, but definitely not low cal! But it's the only non healthy treat I bought this week that I knew I was going to have. So that's not so bad, is it?

Mern 01-08-2013 01:40 PM

I really got behind on reading the posts, so will just congratulate all you who are doing well, welcome all new members, and offer huge hugs of support to any of you who are struggling. Will try to skim through tomorrow. I have just been busy the past couple days with grandkid child care and housework on which I had gotten behind. Haven't logged but can honestly say I have been on track with food, water, goals, and exercise.

Tori, Mike said we're not allowed to throw rocks so I emptied my suitcase into the creek. LOL

Robin, yes, I did make it back from the cardio class --under my own power and not on a stretcher. LOL It's only a 45 minute class, but I really do get a great workout--hate that I get so sweaty, though. Ick!

jjrudd 01-08-2013 01:52 PM

1. Log Mon-Fri Mon-YES, Tues--not yet (haven't added in supper)
2. Stay away from sweets--squares, donuts (and Tim Horton's muffins count too) yes, yes
3. Drink the darn water--6 glasses Mon-hmm only 4 so far so no Tues-6
4. 4 servings fruits and veggies yes, yes
5. Eat within carb/protein limit 140/60 Mon-135/40
6. Exercise 5X--30 mins Mon-20 min, Tues NONE

Jenn

dmartz 01-08-2013 01:56 PM

Krystal, You want to be a quant? Will your thesis be something like
An analysis of nutritional and fitness variables in personal health outcomes, or The relationship between self-directed food and exercise monitoring in weight loss? ;)
Arduous study indeed!

quinnesec 01-08-2013 02:08 PM

Hey Everyone!

Wrote a long post in the Women's section and then saw that you moved the thread here... :o lol

Nice to see so many of the old gang back for another year, and welcome to all of the new "faces"! Time to shed all of those holiday pounds!

bojibridge 01-08-2013 02:47 PM

1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y

01gt4.6 01-08-2013 04:21 PM

I didn't log much today so I guess it'll be my cheat day. It wasn't clean but wasn't my typical 5000+ calorie cheat day. Now I just need to get my butt in gear since I used my cheat early. On the bright side, I'm hear and I'm checking in.

1) log everything (except for one cheat day) yes (it wasn't that pretty), no
2) 3 fruit/veggies per day 2, 3
3) exercise 3 times 0, 0
4) a lot of water pretty good, not too good
---------------
5) write two policies 0, none
6) lend a helping hand not yet, yes (maybe I can do another before the week is up.

01gt4.6 01-08-2013 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 93917)
Goals:

1) stretch every day: Yes
2) plan food (seems to be working): Yes
3) stay close to plan: Ummm
4) drink 6 glasses of water: 6
5) keep track of water: Yes
6) meditate (it really helps): Yes
7) practice Spanish at least a half hour a day if not more: Si
8) be professional: Yes
9) Do not JAD, explain I think is OK (justify, argue, defend): Yes
10) Light exercise 3x min this week without doing anything to further upset my back or knees: NO

Boy this thread is jumping, more later.

Esperanza, estás fuera de un buen comienzo! Mantener el ritmo. Enhorabuena por el agua. Por favor, explique el ser profesional, yo creo que estoy un poco perdido en este.

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 93934)
Goals:

Focus on real food (90% is a Y): Y
Focus on H2O: Y
Vitamin daily: N
Get back to exercising: N
Get scrapbooking project ready to go: N
Finish writing Chapters 1 and 2 for Projects A and B: N
Don't stress over work/finances: N

Geez… this week I am just getting around to a posting a few goals and we are already on page 6 ! YAY!!! It is a crazy week for me work wise, so that means I’ll be way too busy to feel hungry, which is a bonus! Good luck everybody on your goals this week! I'll check in when I can.

Welcome back Lisa and Tori!

you know what it's like when we get a bunch of cackling hens together. ;) Those two Y's are looking lonely, the N's look like they are having a party. Tomorrow, lets both let the Y's party!

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 93938)

I forgot to post goals yesterday. My goal is to do the right thing, and to avoid doing wrong things. But I guess I could write it out :D

1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y

Um, so that's all I can think of for now, if I have any other ideas, I'll add them later.

You're off to a good start. Can I pick a goal for ya??

Originally Posted by molly221 (Post 93942)

Goals:
Log meals every day. Y
Walk at least 20 minutes each day. Y
Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night Y

awesome job. w00t w00t!! Keep it up.

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl (Post 93966)
1. Cardio at least 3 days for 45 minutes: N, N,
2. Make 2 new homemade meals for the week: N, Y,
3. Stretch everyday: N, Y
4. Log it! N, Y,
5. <1700 calories/day: N/A, 1689

Well, well, well, it's nice having you back. Congrats on a good start. I'll do some carsio tomorrow, if you do. Deal?

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 93968)

BUBBA!--I'm bbbaaaccckkkk. Now you have to put up with me in two forms of communication again! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And IDWATNTKIHAHOBO, TWIBMFTWG. And know, ewe don't have tu explane everthang too me. Geez!!

Okay, I think I've covered everybody. If I missed someone, I'm sorry. I'll try to do better next time.

(the dog, not Mike) out of the road.

You got me on that one. :confused:
stand
I just don't

IHNFCWYJS! And jase, I'm steal in da skreet!

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 93970)
Wow, there are so many posts. This is so exciting.

Now that the "term" is back in and scheduling is hectic I need to start documenting my goals too. I am not there yet as far as meal planning (even though I was burned by this yesterday).

1. Log every day
2. Cals 1200-1400
3. Exercise at least 5x a week
4. Read posts on this thread.
5. Replace a coffee with cream with green tea once per day.

Mern- did you ever come back from your cardio class?

Robin

Robin, nice job on calling out Mern. It almost brings a tear to my eye! Nice goals this week.

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 93974)
Tori, Mike said we're not allowed to throw rocks so I emptied my suitcase into the creek. LOL

So after 2 years of threatening me with your S&M whip, not you are putting away the rocks... because I said so? Nah, what's the REAL reason?

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 93975)
1. Log Mon-Fri Mon-YES, Tues--not yet (haven't added in supper)
2. Stay away from sweets--squares, donuts (and Tim Horton's muffins count too) yes, yes
3. Drink the darn water--6 glasses Mon-hmm only 4 so far so no Tues-6
4. 4 servings fruits and veggies yes, yes
5. Eat within carb/protein limit 140/60 Mon-135/40
6. Exercise 5X--30 mins Mon-20 min, Tues NONE

Jenn

Nice job on keeping the red down.

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 93977)
Hey Everyone!

Wrote a long post in the Women's section and then saw that you moved the thread here... :o lol

Nice to see so many of the old gang back for another year, and welcome to all of the new "faces"! Time to shed all of those holiday pounds!

Awww welcome back beautiful! So now I'm "old"?

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 93980)
1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y

Keep on keepin' on!

canary52 01-09-2013 12:30 AM

Plan:
chicken sausage with egg whites -yes
chef salad - no, plain salad with whole wheat pasta for lunch
fish and veg - no, ham and cheese slices and carrots, half a chicken wrap
snacks:
might have a little ww pasta (not gonna lie) - 1 c exactly for lunch
fruit- clementine, apple, 3 prunes
nuts - 100 calorie pack of almonds and walnuts
vitamuffin - one sugar free oatmeal cookie instead

Nighttime dropped the ball, picked up the food;
French onion soup.
the fish I should have had for dinner with homemade tartar
half a clementine

No surprise. I am back up the two pound I lost. Grrrr...

canary52 01-09-2013 12:42 AM

Goals:

1) stretch every day: Yes, Yes
2) plan food (seems to be working): Yes, Yes
3) stay close to plan: Ummm, no
4) drink 6 glasses of water: 6, 7
5) keep track of water: Yes, yes
6) meditate (it really helps): Yes, yes
7) practice Spanish at least a half hour a day if not more: Si, Nada
8) be professional: Yes, yes
9) Do not JAD, explain I think is OK (justify, argue, defend): Yes, yes
10) Light exercise 3x min this week without doing anything to further upset my back or knees: NO, NO

Mike, muchos gracias! Mi Espagnol es muy malo. "Professional" es por mi ecritura. Es necesario for mi comer memos y beber mas (agua.)
Mas posterior.

canary52 01-09-2013 12:46 AM

Plan:
ham and egg whites
turkey sandwich
burger, no bun, veg or salad or sushi and soup (will be out)
Snacks:
nuts,
clementines
cheese
fruit

dmartz 01-09-2013 01:11 AM

Tues Report

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 250, 188
  • Lift weights @ gym (> 30 mins):
  • & Exercise > 30 mins x 2: Y1,
  • Vegetables! > 3 serviings/day: Y, Y (including Beets!)

blkblueanimegrl 01-09-2013 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 93985)
Well, well, well, it's nice having you back. Congrats on a good start. I'll do some carsio tomorrow, if you do. Deal?

I say deal! ;) Moving shelves around the store today will be fun (day three of this...) but I will definitely get on the elliptical tonight! Gotta force myself because the benefits outweight the cons. Now what are the actual cons besides me being lazy and wanting to play computer games? Hmm...

blkblueanimegrl 01-09-2013 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 93976)
Krystal, You want to be a quant? Will your thesis be something like
An analysis of nutritional and fitness variables in personal health outcomes, or The relationship between self-directed food and exercise monitoring in weight loss? ;)
Arduous study indeed!

I just love math! Math major with a nutrition minor is my background, so those are the kind of theses I would be looking into ;) Go figure, right?! :D

01gt4.6 01-09-2013 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 94014)
Goals:

1) stretch every day: Yes, Yes
2) plan food (seems to be working): Yes, Yes
3) stay close to plan: Ummm, no
4) drink 6 glasses of water: 6, 7
5) keep track of water: Yes, yes
6) meditate (it really helps): Yes, yes
7) practice Spanish at least a half hour a day if not more: Si, Nada
8) be professional: Yes, yes
9) Do not JAD, explain I think is OK (justify, argue, defend): Yes, yes
10) Light exercise 3x min this week without doing anything to further upset my back or knees: NO, NO

Mike, muchos gracias! Mi Espagnol es muy malo. "Professional" es por mi ecritura. Es necesario for mi comer memos y beber mas (agua.)
Mas posterior.

Ah bueno. Ahora entiendo. Por cierto, no saben español. Estoy teniendo para utilizar un traductor. Los que aquí que no saben español o utilizar un traductor probablemente piensa que estoy realmente inteligente! Jaja :)

Mern 01-09-2013 02:47 AM

Robin, nice job on calling out Mern. It almost brings a tear to my eye! Nice goals this week.

So after 2 years of threatening me with your S&M whip, not you are putting away the rocks... because I said so? Nah, what's the REAL reason?

Mike, yeah, you WOULD get all teary-eyed with joy having someone else besides you calling me out. I used your rock throwing ban as an excuse to put the rocks back in the creek only because I'm too lazy to lug them around. LOL Wow, great job touching base with all of us.

Quinn, welcome back!

Everyone else, I'm rooting all of you on! :)

Today's planned menu in small meals
-- Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle cheese wedge (yummy) and a flaxmeal pancake
--Low carb veggie soup, preservative free roast beef with horseradish mustard on half a low carb tortilla
--zero cholesterol broccoli omelet
--black and white chicken chili (with black soybeans and without the green chilies I forgot to buy) and a side of sweet and sour cucumbers.
--celery stuffed with tuna salad (I use ranch dressing in it instead of mayo)

quinnesec 01-09-2013 03:25 AM

Awww welcome back beautiful! So now I'm "old"?

:o This just goes to show the AWESOMENESS of the internet... only on the internet can you be sitting in a gray sweatsuit, ponytail with no makeup and still get a compliment! lol And no, Cupcake, we're not getting older, we're getting better- like a fine wine... or aged, smelly, expensive cheese, depending on that whole "glass half empty/half full" thing... ;)