FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/8883-7-day-motivational-thread-1-7-2013-a.html)

blkblueanimegrl 01-09-2013 10:37 AM

Alright, time to work out! I told Mike I would after all! :D

Figured I would try to get two birds with one stone on this - gonna try to read some chapters while on the elliptical! Just fueled up with some cucumber salad, so here goes nothing! :)

quinnesec 01-09-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl (Post 94064)

Figured I would try to get two birds with one stone on this - gonna try to read some chapters while on the elliptical! Just fueled up with some cucumber salad, so here goes nothing! :)

Exercising your brain AND your buns! Now that's a workout! :D

Today I did several levels of Lumosity, supposedly to strengthen your brain function. The results showed that I can problem solve quickly and efficiently, but have the memory of a goldfish, apparently... Hmmm. Seems as though I would be able to fix my car, just not remember where I left it. Lol

lcriswell0421 01-09-2013 11:57 AM

1. Take meds 2x day
yes, yes
2. Log everything
yes, yes
3. Plan meals day before so I have a plan ready to go when I wake up
no, yes (but it changed throughout the day)

I'm thinking that I should revise my goal #3 to be that I will plan my breakfast the night before, and work on lunch/dinner in the morning. It seems that's what I must be used to doing.

I skipped lunch today because I had a calorie and carb heavy dinner...pork country ribs in the crock pot with a little bbq sauce, home made au gratin potatoes, and a roll. With skipping lunch I am able to stay close to target on my calories and right on target with my carbs. This is the first time I've ever made home made au gratin potatoes before. A little time consuming, but the results were so worth it. It's amazing how eating clean tastes so much better than a box! Best cheesy potatoes I ever had!

The thread is so busy I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone's posts. I will try to do better tomorrow.

bojibridge 01-09-2013 12:38 PM

1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y, W - off
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y

blkblueanimegrl 01-09-2013 12:48 PM

1. Cardio at least 3 days for 45 minutes: N, N, 20 min,
2. Make 2 new homemade meals for the week: N, Y, N
3. Stretch everyday: N, Y, Y
4. Log it! N, Y, Y
5. <1700 calories/day: N/A, 1689, 2170,

cjohnson728 01-09-2013 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421 (Post 94068)
it's amazing how eating clean tastes so much better than a box!

Amen to that!

quinnesec 01-09-2013 01:15 PM

Another great day, diet-wise. Down 3 pounds since the first of the year. This is the first time since last summer that I feel confident that I will get back down to my original goal weight and hopefully, fairly soon. :)

01gt4.6 01-09-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl (Post 94064)

I didn't get to do cardio because I went to the gym and lifted. I'll get it in though.

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421 (Post 94068)
1. Take meds 2x day
yes, yes
2. Log everything
yes, yes
3. Plan meals day before so I have a plan ready to go when I wake up
no, yes (but it changed throughout the day)

I'm thinking that I should revise my goal #3 to be that I will plan my breakfast the night before, and work on lunch/dinner in the morning. It seems that's what I must be used to doing.

I skipped lunch today because I had a calorie and carb heavy dinner...pork country ribs in the crock pot with a little bbq sauce, home made au gratin potatoes, and a roll. With skipping lunch I am able to stay close to target on my calories and right on target with my carbs. This is the first time I've ever made home made au gratin potatoes before. A little time consuming, but the results were so worth it. It's amazing how eating clean tastes so much better than a box! Best cheesy potatoes I ever had!

The thread is so busy I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone's posts. I will try to do better tomorrow.

Awesome job. There no rule that says you have to keep up. ;)

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94072)
1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y, W - off
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y

You are killing it this week!!

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl (Post 94074)
1. Cardio at least 3 days for 45 minutes: N, N, 20 min,
2. Make 2 new homemade meals for the week: N, Y, N
3. Stretch everyday: N, Y, Y
4. Log it! N, Y, Y
5. <1700 calories/day: N/A, 1689, 2170,

Looks like you're going to finish strong.

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 94077)
Another great day, diet-wise. Down 3 pounds since the first of the year. This is the first time since last summer that I feel confident that I will get back down to my original goal weight and hopefully, fairly soon. :)

w00t w00t on the loss!!

cjohnson728 01-09-2013 04:02 PM

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1279, 1282, 1228
2. Exercise 5 days or more. One
3. 64 oz. fluids. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours per night, at least. Nope-6, Nope-6.5, Nope-4.5
6. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes-4, Yes-4, Yes-4
8. Drive with the boy. Yes On hold till weekend; this semester is a bear already!

dmartz 01-10-2013 01:17 AM

Wed.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 250, 188, 196
  • Lift weights @ gym (> 30 mins): (scheduled for Thurs.)
  • & Exercise > 30 mins x 2: Y(1), Y(2)
  • Vegetables! > 3 serviings/day: Y, Y, Y (more beets, etc. )
So far, so good this week. Even keeping the protein over 90 gs. I suspect it won't last through the weekend, though.

Krystal: I'm not so good at Math, but I'm good at Arithmetic. ;) I just made up those thesis titles, and I'm not sure the second one makes any sense. But, it does make me wonder how to export log data for detailed analysis. Hum...