Weekly Challenge 01/14/19-01/20/19

Reply

Old 01-15-2019, 03:09 PM
  #11  
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,212
Default

Originally Posted by Kathy13118 View Post
Last week was not as difficult as I thought it would be! I can do this!
My goals: Intermittent fasting and 10 minutes of physical therapy (leg work for my knee).

01/14: done
01/15:
01/16:
01/17:
01/18:
01/19:
01/:20:
Great job Kathy!!
01gt4.6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:36 PM
  #12  
FitDay Member
 
mtlgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 675
Default

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Rosa is in the house!!!! Welcome back girl!. Nice set of goals!
THANKS so much, Mike! It's good to be back!

mtlgirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:00 PM
  #13  
FitDay Member
 
ToriD1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chesnee, SC
Posts: 1,303
Default


1Ėlog all foodóyep
2Ėgym 5 timesóyep
3Ėlog all exerciseóyep
4Ėwater, 3 dailyónope

Rosa, welcome back.

I havenít been active here since 2012-13. Iíve tried to start again time and time again, but it just doesnít stick. For some reason I woke up with a renewed determination a couple of weeks ago. So Iím here. Iím down 4.8 pounds since last Monday. Iím technically shooting for 1-2 lbs a week. Something attainable and manageable.

For those that donít know me. At my heaviest (nov 2011) I was 255-260 lbs. Iím 5í5Ēish. So I was basically as big around as I am tall. I lost 78lbs in 9 months and felt fantastic. Then BF (now husband) came home from the army and I indulged in all of the food he had missed. I literally baked a cake, from scratch, every weekend for 3 months. I gained almost 20lbs in 3 months Cut to Summer of 2013. Something was wrong and I just didnít know what. I literally would fall asleep talking to someone. I had no energy. And I hurt. Oh my god, everything hurt. All the time. In August of that year I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. All of my symptoms finally made sense, yet I still just couldnít do anything. I had NO desire to lose the weight I had gained.

This past year I was told Iím in a drug induced remission. Which is AMAZING. It basically means that disease progression is at a minimum. Itís not to say that I wonít have bad days, I will, and I do. Yesterday was one of those days. We went to the gym like normal, I started slow on the treadmill and was gradually increasing my speed. Then the wall hit. I KNEW I wouldnít be able to physically do what I mentally wanted to. So I backed down. One this the last 5 years has taught me is to listen to my body. When I donít I pay for it for days to come. I walked 1.5 miles at a slow pace. I was happy with that. Itís a mile more that I physically thought Iíd be able to do yesterday.

This morning I woke up tired. I woke up hurting. I listened. I decided to skip the gym today and looked up yoga videos on YouTube. I did that instead. I did roughly 30 minutes. Itís what my joints needed today. So even though I technically didnít go to the gym, Iím counting it. At least I did SOMETHING.
ToriD1012 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:59 PM
  #14  
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,212
Default

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 View Post

1Ėlog all foodóyep
2Ėgym 5 timesóyep
3Ėlog all exerciseóyep
4Ėwater, 3 dailyónope

Rosa, welcome back.

I havenít been active here since 2012-13. Iíve tried to start again time and time again, but it just doesnít stick. For some reason I woke up with a renewed determination a couple of weeks ago. So Iím here. Iím down 4.8 pounds since last Monday. Iím technically shooting for 1-2 lbs a week. Something attainable and manageable.

For those that donít know me. At my heaviest (nov 2011) I was 255-260 lbs. Iím 5í5Ēish. So I was basically as big around as I am tall. I lost 78lbs in 9 months and felt fantastic. Then BF (now husband) came home from the army and I indulged in all of the food he had missed. I literally baked a cake, from scratch, every weekend for 3 months. I gained almost 20lbs in 3 months Cut to Summer of 2013. Something was wrong and I just didnít know what. I literally would fall asleep talking to someone. I had no energy. And I hurt. Oh my god, everything hurt. All the time. In August of that year I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. All of my symptoms finally made sense, yet I still just couldnít do anything. I had NO desire to lose the weight I had gained.

This past year I was told Iím in a drug induced remission. Which is AMAZING. It basically means that disease progression is at a minimum. Itís not to say that I wonít have bad days, I will, and I do. Yesterday was one of those days. We went to the gym like normal, I started slow on the treadmill and was gradually increasing my speed. Then the wall hit. I KNEW I wouldnít be able to physically do what I mentally wanted to. So I backed down. One this the last 5 years has taught me is to listen to my body. When I donít I pay for it for days to come. I walked 1.5 miles at a slow pace. I was happy with that. Itís a mile more that I physically thought Iíd be able to do yesterday.

This morning I woke up tired. I woke up hurting. I listened. I decided to skip the gym today and looked up yoga videos on YouTube. I did that instead. I did roughly 30 minutes. Itís what my joints needed today. So even though I technically didnít go to the gym, Iím counting it. At least I did SOMETHING.
Good job on your goals, except for the water... of course. I'm in the same boat too, back then I was motivated and was doing great. Then something happened.... I lost motivation, got lazy and fat. I'm back to looking like my before picture from my signature. Unlike you, I was my downfall, I can't blame it on anything by what's in my head. Good job on knowing your limits and continuing to make great strides (pun intended). 30 Minutes on Yoga sounds like a good compromise!

I'm feeling some motivation right now and have really changed my "diet" for the day. I just need to stay focused and keep plugging away.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:02 PM
  #15  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Aussieland
Posts: 123
Default

GYM/EX - N Y Y
NO JUNK - Y Y Y
NO ALC - Y Y Y
MyFit Pal Log - Y Y Y
Read Book - N N Y

Yay, managed all of the above yesterday.
Woke up late this morning (don't even remember my alarm going off!), so just counting a win that I still woke up on time for work, if not gym.
Now gotta force myself to go this arvo after work. :/

ToriD, great to see you're back in it. Doing something is 10 times better than nothing, so great job!
Mike, Rosa, good stuff!
wowgirl88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:15 PM
  #16  
FitDay Member
 
mtlgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 675
Default

Good morning, everyone! My first day was really great food-wise. Unfortunately I didn't get to a gym and I didn't complete my 10,000 steps. Unfortunately I ended up working too much and only got to 6,400. But I am determined to walk 12,000 steps a day for the rest of the week to compensate. This actually isn't that hard to do when you live in NYC.

Tori, thank you so much for the warm welcome and for sharing your story. I am so sorry to hear about all that you had to endure with your rheumatoid arthritis. Your strength and optimism are really inspiring. As for me, at my heaviest I weighed 234 pounds, and I'm 5'3" so that was horribly uncomfortable, and psychologically difficult to bear. Ironically, everything else was my life is going well when I reached that point. I worked in London for 5 months in 2013-14, and after I got back I got married to my (now) wife, who I have been with for almost 17 years now. We had a very long engagement I'm Canadian and she's American and she couldn't sponsor me for immigration until DOMA was repealed, which it was while I was in London. Our wedding day was the happiest day! We got married in Central Park in the Spring with all the trees in bloom. It was truly spectacular. Then I had to go back to Canada, and the immigration process began, and I had to sell my home, get rid of more than half of my belongings (because NY apartments are tiny) and I guess I kind of ate my way through all of that. So I arrived in New York almost at my heaviest - I gained more while I was searching for a job. I found one pretty quickly and my career has been going great since then. I love living here. I love our tiny apartment, and although I know I'm not at my heaviest anymore, I still have a long way to go. So here I am determined to feel better and get more fit.

Wowgirl, you did amazing! Mike, great job!

1. LOG FOOD 6X: YES
2. NO SWEETS 6X: YES
3. GYM/EXERCISE 4X NO
4. WALK 10,000 STEPS 6X NO
5. WEIGH IN 1X NOT YET

Last edited by mtlgirl; 01-18-2019 at 03:45 PM.
mtlgirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:39 PM
  #17  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Kathy13118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,172
Default

My goals: Intermittent fasting and 10 minutes of physical therapy (leg work for my knee).
01/14: done
01/15: done
01/16:
01/17:
01/18:
01/19:
01/:20:
Kathy13118 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:05 PM
  #18  
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,212
Default

Goals:
1) 100 water per day: Yes, yes
2) 6k steps per day: No, no
3) No alcohol: None, none

I missed my step goal again. Having a desk job makes it difficult to get in my steps. I hope we have some good weather soon so I can get out and get some steps!
01gt4.6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:12 PM
  #19  
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,212
Default

Originally Posted by mtlgirl View Post
Good morning, everyone! My first day was really great food-wise. Unfortunately I didn't get to a gym and I didn't complete my 10,000 steps. Unfortunately I ended up working too much and only got to 6,400. But I am determined to walk 12,000 steps a day for the rest of the week to compensate. This actually isn't that hard to do when you live in NYC.

Tori, thank you so much for the warm welcome and for sharing your story. I am so sorry to hear about all that you had to endure with your rheumatoid arthritis. Your strength and optimism are really inspiring. As for me, at my heaviest I weighed 234 pounds, and I'm 5'3" so that was horribly uncomfortable, and psychologically difficult to bear. Ironically, everything else was my life is going well when I reached that point. I worked in London for 5 months in 2013-14, and after I got back I got married to my (now) wife, who I have been with for almost 17 years now. We had a very long engagement I'm Canadian and she's American and she couldn't sponsor me for immigration until DOMA was repealed, which it was while I was in London. Our wedding day was the happiest day! We got married in Central Park in the Spring with all the trees in bloom. It was truly spectacular. Then I had to go back to Canada, and the immigration process began, and I had to sell my home, get rid of more than half of my belongings (because NY apartments are tiny) and I guess I kind of ate my way through all of that. So I arrived in New York almost at my heaviest - I gained more while I was searching for a job. I found one pretty quickly and my career has been going great since then. I love living here. I love our tiny apartment, and although I know I'm not at my heaviest anymore, I still have a long way to go. So here I am determined to feel better and get more fit.

Wowgirl, you did amazing! Mike, great job!

1. LOG FOOD 6X: YES
2. NO SWEETS 6X: YES
3. GYM/EXERCISE 4X NO
4. WALK 10,000 STEPS 6X NO
5. WEIGH IN 1X NOT YET
Do you have a fitbit? One of these years I'm going to plan a family trip to NYC for around Christmas time. We lived in NY (Governor's Island) when I was a little kid. I don't really remember it. I still have family that lives in NY but I never get out there to visit. One day I'll make it happen.

wowgirl88, great job on the goals. You're killing it!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-16-2019 at 03:22 PM.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:32 PM
  #20  
FitDay Member
 
mtlgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 675
Default

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Do you have a fitbit? One of these years I'm going to plan a family trip to NYC for around Christmas time. We lived in NY (Governor's Island) when I was a little kid. I don't really remember it. I still have family that lives in NY but I never get out there to visit. One day I'll make it happen.

wowgirl88, great job on the goals. You're killing it!
Hi Mike! You should definitely come to NYC! And yes I have a Fitbit. I love my Fitbit! We could be Fitbit friends if you have one too.
mtlgirl is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service