Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD! >

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Old 01-13-2016, 09:36 PM
FitDay Member

Made a big pot of a low cal, healthy chicken vegetable soup/stew for tonight. I started making chicken vegetable soup and then kept adding veggies and barley, so it turned out more like a stew. Leftovers will be lunch for the next couple of days. =)
Old 01-13-2016, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

mmm chicken stew. That sounds good.

Well it looks like I'm going to miss my company's annual meeting tomorrow. I kinda feel like I should go just to pass off my sickness, so I can get rid of it. Instead I'll stay home and keep it to myself. I think I need to "walk it off" as Quinn suggested. If it's warm tomorrow I might try to go for a short walk. I think my wife had this same thing and it lasted 4-5 days. If I end up the same, I should be back to (my) normal soon. Then y'all won't have to listen to me whine and milk this.

Either way, I need to up my water intake and log my foods. Tomorrow is the day. I'll weigh in again and see if I can some how drop a pound between tomorrow and and Monday.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Doing and accountability check it. So far this week, I've been on track I even had some wine tonight, but worked it into my calorie allowance for the day. I'll have to check back in once I get the kids in bed to read everything I missed all day! It's not usually this hard to keep up with everyone....it's much busier now than it's been in some time!

Weekly goals:

64 oz. minimum water daily: Mon - 72 oz., Tues - 72 oz., Wed - 64 oz.
max. 1500 calories per day: Mon - 1198 cals., Tues - 1443 cals., Wed - 1467 cals
full body workout x3: Wed - yes
core workout x3: Mon - yes
cardio workout x5: Mon - 30 min. elliptical, Tues - 40 min. stationary bike, Wed - 40 min. stationary bike
take vitamins daily: Mon - yes, Tues - yes, Wed - Yes
Old 01-14-2016, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Do you have a particularly obnoxious client that you could pass your cold/flu to?? Keep a cup of some sort of hot beverage in your hand all day long and it will pass more quickly. Feeling rotten sucks. Hope you're back to feeling great soon.

Debbie,

Looks like you're killing your goals this week! Nice job! =)

For those of you having trouble sleeping at night...

I forgot to mention that tart cherry juice is also used for insomnia. I know that pediatricians recommend it for parents with kids who are up at night. It's worth a try. =)

Well, my goals have all been surprisingly easy to obtain, so far this week. Tomorrow will be a test as I have an out of town doctors appt. tomorrow. Whenever I'm out of town for the day, I'm usually tempted by lots of things. I'll just have to behave. lol

So, I won't be around tomorrow to close out the week. So far, so good. Feels great to have my eating well under control and hopefully, my weight will follow. =)

My Goals For The Week...

The way I usually get back on track is by cleaning up my diet the first week, and then worrying about calories the second week. So, that's what I'm going to do.

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day. Y, none =), Y
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. (Recommended by my MD for joint inflammation.) Y, Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. Y, Y, Y
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. Y, Y, Y
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. (It's 5 below zero, here not too far from Green Bay, with a windchill of -15. I'll have to walk indoors somewhere.) N (It was so cold yesterday that my car wouldn't start.) Another N, something in my SUV has frozen and it's going to the garage to be checked over today. GRRRRRR!!!, N, same story.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning all Is it Friday yet! It took me 1.5 hours to drive into work today because of the snowy roads....and I was late leaving the house as it was, so I was reaaaaallllly late for work. My legs are so sore today from my workout yesterday. I guess I didn't stretch well enough after. I have another full body workout planned for tomorrow so hopefully this soreness passes by then.

Quinn - I've never tried tart cherry juice.....can't say I've even heard of it. Maybe I should give it a try! To help you stay on track while you're out of town, can you pack some healthy food to bring along?

Mike - Are you feeling any better today?

Tori - After Junior broke the couch, did you manage to stick to your goals and not yell at the dogs? Hopefully obedience training helps! Nothing quite like a large dog that is still a puppy!

Libby - Hope you're feeling better today! I think we're making up for having Winter start so late this year....we got more snow here today as well. I can't wait for Spring!

Lisa - What do you have planned for dinner tonight? Your dinners always sound so yummy!! I'm planning homemade burgers. It's one of the few things that all 4 of us eat, so burger nights are an easy choice during the work week.

Gypsy - I see you're from Canada. What province do you live in? That's great that you have a trainer once a week and that he/she sets you up for the week! Many won't do that!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-14-2016, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not feeling any better. Before I was just playing the whiny man's role, but seriously this has gone on too long. I should have went to the Dr. as soon as I felt it coming and got a shot or Rx to knock it out. Now I feel like I've "invested" the last 4 days in being sick, I should just ride it out. It has to end soon, right? My neck is a little sore today. I hope I was just sleeping wrong and this isn't a sign of the flu.

Yesterday I ate more than normal. I'm up about a pound. Still down a good bit from last Monday though.

Quinn, I've been drinking hot Theraflu at night. I don't know if I can drink a hot drink throughout the day. I may try to drink extra OJ today.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-14-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

I have cabin fever and I hate winter. I am grouchy and mean and I hate myself for it. Last night I ate a large bowl of pop corn with butter and I NEVER do that under normal circumstances. I want to be some where warm where the sun is shinning and I can wear a bathing suit and flip flops. That is just me day dreaming. Back to reality now, I need to get my butt in gear and do some exercise and eat right before I blow this diet all together. Peace.

Now that I have had my coffee I am feeling a bit better. Onward and downward

Last edited by libby135; 01-14-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

Libby,

You and I are in the same slump. Even though winter started really late this year, I'm so done with it. It's too cold to be outdoors walking, and I've been stuck in the house for 4 days without a car. I'm SO crabby! It seems like everything I touch since the first of the year either breaks, costs me money or both. lol

Hopefully, getting out of town tomorrow for the day, even if it's just for a doctors appointment, will break the slump. Luckily, so far, I've stayed on track. But cabin fever and a lack of sunshine is definitely messing with me. =)
Old 01-14-2016, 07:22 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn, take me with you.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hahaha! After I posted that, I couldn't take it anymore, and I did a 1.5 mile walk in 16 degree weather with a windchill of 6 degrees. I bundled up like the Abominable Snowman and just went for it.

It wasn't bad. There's a gentle snow coming down, but my face got really cold. lol

Now, I'm heading for a nice, hot shower to try to thaw my face out. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.