Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD! >

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Old 01-12-2016, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, I am. I come in at a whopping 5'5"! First time in my life I've ever been "the tall one"! lol My husband is 6'4", so I always feel short. All of his 4 sisters are between 5'8" and 6', so I'm the runt. =)
Old 01-12-2016, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec View Post
Yes, I am. I come in at a whopping 5'5"! First time in my life I've ever been "the tall one"! lol My husband is 6'4", so I always feel short. All of his 4 sisters are between 5'8" and 6', so I'm the runt. =)
5' 5" is definitely tall in my books!! Your sister-in-laws are some seriously tall ladies! I come from a family of shorties...in fact at 5' 2" I'm the tallest female! My sister is 4' 11" my mother is 5' 1" my father 5' 3" and my brother is the tallest at 5' 4"!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'm checking in for the day. I have done well today. Debbie, yes I made it last night until Atkins with milk time, and I've got to do it again tonight! I'm going to be about 50 calories over goal, but that to me is still a victory.

For dinner tonight I made a really delicious Asian Noodle Salad. It's spaghetti mixed with broccoli slaw (you know the shredded broccoli and carrots in a bag in the produce dept?) and peanuts. The sauce is ginger, garlic, sesame oil, olive oil, peanut butter, cilantro, sriracha, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and honey. It's super delicious. and I could keep eating it, but I made myself stop. My dinner came to about 700 calories, which to me is totally acceptable.

As you can see from this recipe with peanut butter, oils, honey, pasta, etc. that I don't ban any food from my diet. I find when I restrict what I can eat I rebel...and badly! I just try to watch my portions. All things in moderation have a place. I may lose slower than some with this method, but it's the least painful route for me.

Mike and any other sickies out there...hope you all feel better soon! My hubs has been fighting a cold for about 4 days now, and I pray I don't get it. I'm trying not to go near him.

Tori, it sounds like you have a really beautiful yard! I'm envious.

Hi, Libby, Debbie and Quinn.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Any pics of the new house? I'd love to see your project. =)
I didn't take any today. Here's some from before. It'll look complete when the soffit, fascia and shutters are up. Click on them to make them bigger.

The started the crown molding (pics a little dark)

One of the things I like must about the house is the brick we went with. It's really textured, I guess almost distress. I love the detail it gives the house, if that makes sense.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-13-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for those concerned about my well being, obviously not Tori.

I hope to start feeling better tomorrow. I have some catch up to do and work and we have our annual meeting Thursday!
Old 01-13-2016, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Well, tonight I was too weak. I didn't make it until Atkins time. Actually, I did make it but I made the wrong choice. I had more Asian noodle salad AND (ack!) Cheez-Its Grooves. I ended up going 250 calories over my goal!!! ugh. And all this while watching last week's episode of Extreme Weight Loss. I'm such a failure sometimes! I know tomorrow is a new day where I can make better choices. I shouldn't be so hard on myself. This was the first time during "this" week of the month that I gave in to a big craving. Thing is, I make these choices when I know for a fact I am more satisfied when I have an atkins with milk. The salad tasted super uber good, but the shake would have made my tummy more full and more satisfied.

I should try making the asian salad with spiralized zucchini instead of pasta. For a while I was making my "spaghetti" dinners with that instead of the pasta and it actually tasted better than the pasta. If I made the salad with zucchini I could have had the entire freaking bowl. not really, but you get the idea. I think I will definitely try that sometime.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Haha! You sound like me. I'm 5'4 1/2" and BF is 6'2". His sisters and mom are around 5'8"-5'10". I look like a midget compared to them.
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Thanks for those concerned about my well being, obviously not Tori.
i have complete faith that you'll be fine. You don't need my coddling anyway.

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou View Post
Well, tonight I was too weak. I didn't make it until Atkins time. Actually, I did make it but I made the wrong choice. I had more Asian noodle salad AND (ack!) Cheez-Its Grooves. I ended up going 250 calories over my goal!!! ugh. And all this while watching last week's episode of Extreme Weight Loss. I'm such a failure sometimes! I know tomorrow is a new day where I can make better choices. I shouldn't be so hard on myself. This was the first time during "this" week of the month that I gave in to a big craving. Thing is, I make these choices when I know for a fact I am more satisfied when I have an atkins with milk. The salad tasted super uber good, but the shake would have made my tummy more full and more satisfied.

I should try making the asian salad with spiralized zucchini instead of pasta. For a while I was making my "spaghetti" dinners with that instead of the pasta and it actually tasted better than the pasta. If I made the salad with zucchini I could have had the entire freaking bowl. not really, but you get the idea. I think I will definitely try that sometime.
eh, we all have those days. I had Cheetos on Monday night. A single serve bag, you know the itty bitty ones that come in the multipack bags. Still. I could have had an apple or an orange. Nope. I wanted the Cheetos. Tomorrow is another day
Old 01-13-2016, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

It's 4:30 am....been up since 3:30....drinking Sleepytime tea. Why is it I can't sleep even though I'm tired! Grrr..... tomorrow is going to be a rough day at work
Old 01-13-2016, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Update

Health & Fitness
1: log everything, food and activities M:Y T: Y
2: 50.7 oz water each day M: Y T: N
3: walk at least 1 mile each day M: Y T: N
4: go to the gym 2 times this week M: nope T:N
5: preplan all meals M: kinda T: Y
6: lose 1 pound---dunno yet, still an unknown

Home
1: don't yell at the doggies M: Y T: Y
2: shampoo bedroom carpet---not yet, no
3: do at least 3 loads of clothes---not yet, one load done! now to fold and put them away

Just got in from working last night. I paid a couple of bills and now it's time for bed. BF walked and fed the dogs when he got home, so they're taken care of too. G'night all!!!
Old 01-13-2016, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa,

Your salad sounds amazing! I can see why you went back for seconds. =) Don't sweat it. If I know that my self control is gone and I feel a binge coming on, I just binge on healthy foods. I figure a massive bowl of grapes is going to do less damage than a massive bowl of Doritos. lol You've got this. Just jump back on and don't look back. =)

Mike,

What a gorgeous home!! I bet you can't wait to move in. What is your expected completion date? Building a house is stressful. When we built our home, we didn't get in until 6 months past the promised completion date. I remember being so mad. But, once you move in, all of the stress will wash away. Then, it's time to make some great memories. =) We don't have to pick out clothes for your burial yet, do we?? You know Tori and I would pick out a prom dress for you, right? (Just kidding... )

Tori,

Sounds like we're in the same boat. My wedding pics looked like 11 tall, gorgeous models and then me. lol They're all tall and leggy and never have to watch their weight, which kills me.

Debbie,

What's keeping you up at night?? I had Sleepy Time Tea last night, too. I've been drinking a lot of decaf tea to keep from coffee or soda. I just can't drink ice cold water when it's -5 outside! lol

Will update my progress in a minute...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.