Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD! >

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Old 01-11-2016, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Like if I were to get a fried shrimp poboy
what are these "shrimp" that you speak of? are they similar to Skrimp?
Old 01-11-2016, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

I was going through old posts and found this. It was quite a while ago and honestly, I think this was this person's only post, but it made my night tonight. I'm hoping I can get back to where I inspire people again.

"Originally Posted by sauererc
Hi Tori,

I'm really proud of your weight loss achievement. I signed up for fitday about 1 year ago. Never did anything serious about it and actually gained more weight. My current weight is over 200 lbs. can you share some of your weight loss secrets with me?"

Thanks for the kudos! The real key for my success is the fact that I am DILIGENT in logging my food. The good, the bad, and the ugly!! I had no real clue what I was putting into my body. And now that I do, when I find myself reaching for the bad stuff, I hesitate. I don't always say no, but I'm thinking about it now. That's really it. I try to workout at least 3 times a week, but sometimes that just doesn't happen. I also try to get at least 3 good walks in during the week. Find out what you like to do, and DO IT! If you like walking, DO IT! If you like going to spin class, DO IT! Etc. etc. Again, it doesn't always happen, but I try. I've cut out most of the crap in my diet, and I keep my calories within a limit that works for me. It's nothing insanely difficult. If I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm not hungry, I make myself eat. That's it.

When I don't feel like doing something, I at least try to do it. (Don't read anything I've posted the last 2 weeks though, it's been ugly ) Sometimes I need to be pushed into doing it. Mike does a good job at telling me to GOMA. Most of the time, for me, all I need is someone telling me DO IT! And sometimes I need someone to challenge me to do something. I'm ultra competative, so someone saying "I bet you can't do 20 miles this week" is usually all it takes, then I strive to do what I can. I have yet to hit those 20 miles, but I got 17 in in one week. Which is a personal record.

I would say good luck to you, but I don't think luck has anything to do with it. It's Hard Work and Dedication!!

I guess I need to take my own advice. Be diligent, work hard and just DO IT! Mike, once I'm fully back in the swing of things I think we need to do a few one on one challenges again. I liked kicking your a$$
Old 01-11-2016, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'm off to a great start for the week!! I don't have a lot of time to post tonight, I'll check back in tomorrow!

Weekly goals:

64 oz. minimum water daily: Mon - 72 oz.
max. 1500 calories per day: Mon - 1198 cals
full body workout x3:
core workout x3: Mon - yes
cardio workout x5: Mon - 30 min. elliptical
take vitamins daily: Mon - yes

Last edited by lildebbieg; 01-11-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
....He's a 22 pound lover boy!
This comment made me smile...big I had a German Shepard when I was younger. She was my very best friend....I still miss her to this day. I love Shepards! Your dogs sound so sweet!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
This comment made me smile...big I had a German Shepard when I was younger. She was my very best friend....I still miss her to this day. I love Shepards! Your dogs sound so sweet!
They really are sweet boys. Junior still has a LOT of puppy in him. We start obedience training in March.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Today went well. I had coffee with a friend of mine who is struggling with her weight. She isn't ready to do any thing about it right now but I try to encourage her any way.
Tori, good to know you better. I appreciate your advice.
Debbie my buddy, nice loss this week. I hope that we all have a good week.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Update

Health & Fitness
1: log everything, food and activities M:Y
2: 50.7 oz water each day M: Y
3: walk at least 1 mile each day M: Y
4: go to the gym 2 times this week M: nope
5: preplan all meals M: kinda
6: lose 1 pound---dunno yet

Home
1: don't yell at the doggies M: Y
2: shampoo bedroom carpet---not yet
3: do at least 3 loads of clothes---not yet

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
I'm off to a great start for the week!! I don't have a lot of time to post tonight, I'll check back in tomorrow!

Weekly goals:

64 oz. minimum water daily: Mon - 72 oz.
max. 1500 calories per day: Mon - 1198 cals
full body workout x3:
core workout x3: Mon - yes
cardio workout x5: Mon - 30 min. elliptical
take vitamins daily: Mon - yes
Looks like you're off to a great start. Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-11-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

I should have waited to weigh in for this week's challenge 3 more hours. I was down a full pound from what I had been at noon, so my gain this week isn't all that bad. I always wonder why I weigh less in the afternoon, and I think I have an answer (maybe). I think I retain water and puff up over night from laying down so long. My feet are puffy when I wake up in the morning. Then by 2:00 or so I'm down 1-1.5 lbs from when I woke up after I've peed a million times in between. Does this sound plausible?

Tuna noodle casserole for dinner tonight. Made with real onions (I usually just use the crispy fried onions in the containers) and real mushrooms added in with the peas, tuna, sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, and milk with egg noodles and of course I did also add in the crispy onions. I had 1.5 cups for 840 calories. Not so bad for a full dinner! I still have room in my calorie count for an atkins w/ milk before bed and then I'll be barely over target. I'm happy with my day so far. It's only 7:00...hope I can make it until atkins time!

Tori, I was on previously when you were for just a little while, but I didn't know much about you. I had a different screen name then. I too am short fatty. I'm only 5'2" and my highest was 277!!!! yikes!!! I have a hard time moving around too much. I've been at this for quite a while, logging calories and trying to work in exercise when I'm really able to push myself to do it. I go up and down, and I'm very tired of it. This time is going much slower, but I hope to keep it off for good as I go along. I'm happy with 1-2 lbs/week. I'm a stay at home married mom of 4 (14, 15, 20, 25). I keep busy playing all the different roles a stay at home mom does, from taxi driver to chef and everything in between. I've lost nearly 20 lbs this time so far. My ultimate goal is to be around 140-150, but I'll be ecstatic when I can at least fit into a size 14 and buy off the rack again.

Libby, good that you encourage. Hopefully she takes it the right way, as some people may take it as harping or sidehanded insulting. But if she takes it the right way then it's good that you can be a good example for her. When she's ready she'll be there with you.

Hi Mike and Debbie!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
I had coffee with a friend of mine who is struggling with her weight. She isn't ready to do any thing about it right now but I try to encourage her any way.
I have a cousin like your friend. She's constantly complaining about her weight, yet when I invite her to come walk with me or to the gym she always has an excuse as to why she can't. I've gone as far to tell her that I'll meet with her whenever she wants, but she can never find time. She can always find time to go eat fattening meals though...just sayin'
Old 01-11-2016, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Tori, I was on previously when you were for just a little while, but I didn't know much about you. I had a different screen name then. I too am short fatty. I'm only 5'2" and my highest was 277!!!! yikes!!! I have a hard time moving around too much. I've been at this for quite a while, logging calories and trying to work in exercise when I'm really able to push myself to do it. I go up and down, and I'm very tired of it. This time is going much slower, but I hope to keep it off for good as I go along. I'm happy with 1-2 lbs/week. I'm a stay at home married mom of 4 (14, 15, 20, 25). I keep busy playing all the different roles a stay at home mom does, from taxi driver to chef and everything in between. I've lost nearly 20 lbs this time so far. My ultimate goal is to be around 140-150, but I'll be ecstatic when I can at least fit into a size 14 and buy off the rack again.
You'll also find that I'm talkative I don't really have a set ultimate goal. I'm just trying to find where I look my best and then maintain it. I got as low as 179 last time and was hovering between a size 10 and 12, yet the BMI calculator still had me listed as "obese". It's incredibly frustrating to work so hard and have that one little word kick you in the throat. I'm not too concerned about that word anymore. I looked pretty good at that weight and clothing size, so that's my first real goal. To get back into those 12s in the back of the closet. I know it will be harder this time because I have the medical issues to deal with on top of being overweight. Not to mention cooking for two this go around. I'm trying to find BF friendly meals that fit in my limitations. I've made a few changes that he's okay with so far. Switching to ground white turkey instead of ground beef, but only in chilis and red pasta sauces. I'm switching to whole grain and whole wheat pastas. I'll eat more salads along the way too. So far he's on board. We moved his sister's treadmill from storage to inside the house (she's storing it at our place for the time being) and we both got good walks in this evening. He can stand to lose a little too. He's 6'2" and around 265 or so. He said he wants to get down to around 220. He's one of the lucky ones though. As long as he works out daily he loses weight. I have to work out, count calories and pray to the weight loss gods. Sometimes there are smalls sacrifices to those gods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.