Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD! >

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Old 01-11-2016, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back to post my weekly goals.

64 oz. minimum water daily:
max. 1500 calories per day:
full body workout x3:
core workout x3:
cardio workout x5:
take vitamins daily:

Let's make it a great week!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 01-11-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Afternoon, all! It's C O L D out there, but getting warmer. I think we're up to 11 now. There's a light covering of snow on the ground, perhaps 2-3 inches. Just enough to make it look winterlike. The sky is grey and a few of those big fluffy snowflakes are drifting about. It's all very pretty... and I'm glad I'm inside looking out.

Thanks, Tori, for getting the thread started.

Debbie, glad you had a great kick-off week. It's always nice to start with a success.

Quinnesec, I'm another hold over from 2010. Actually, I think I may have even started FitDay before that, but I didn't join the forums until 2011. Hence my screen name -- it was Episode 2011 of this apparently never-ending weight-loss journey. Heh I suppose I'm now on Episode 2016, but I'm not gonna change the name. Your story of loss and maintenance is very inspiring! And that chicken sounds delicious. I bet the house smells great!

Lisa, Mother Nature can be brutal to those of us struggling with weight. You'd think she'd cut us some slack, but nooooo. Hang in there.

Mike, wow, what a week! Congratulations! By the way, I had to look up "lagniappe". Thanks for teaching me a new word!

As for me, I'm pleased with last week's progress. I lost those holiday pounds and about half a pound extra! I'm now the lowest weight I've been since some time in the early 1990s and have lost a little over 80 pounds from my highest ever in 2007 (I think it was 2007).

Stats for last week, Jan 4 - Jan 10:
  • Average daily calories: 1386
  • Average sodium consumption: 1560 (higher than I'd like but offset by 1327 potassium, so it's ok)
  • Average daily fiber: 30g
  • Average daily protein: 66g
Everything is pretty much just where I'd like it to be, so I think carry it forward for this week.

Strategy for this week, Jan 11-17:
  • Average daily calories: 1350-1450
  • Average sodium: 1400-1500 (and at least 75% potassium to offset)
  • Average daily fiber: at least 25g
  • Average daily protein: at least 50g
And, of course, I'll continue drinking copious amounts of tea (I've actually come to not only enjoy tea but to crave it!) and to take my vits and meds.

I hope I can carve off at least another half pound. I'm a slooooow loser, so that would be just about right for me. How I envy those who can "drop" pounds! Sadly, that's not my lot in life. Oh well.

Let's have a groovy week, folks!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I didn't finish my goals out last week as I had wanted but I did manage to lose 4.2 pounds. We're calling that a huge WIN!

Goals for this week

Health & Fitness
1: log everything, food and activities
2: 50.7 oz water each day
3: walk at least 1 mile each day
4: go to the gym 2 times this week
5: preplan all meals
6: lose 1 pound

Home
1: don't yell at the doggies
2: shampoo bedroom carpet
3: do at least 3 loads of clothes

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-11-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
Mike, wow, what a week! Congratulations! By the way, I had to look up "lagniappe". Thanks for teaching me a new word!
I figured someone would have to. Down here we say it to mean a little extra. Like if I were to get a fried shrimp poboy and it has so much shrimp that the sammich explodes with shrimp all of the plate. If I were to ask the waitress, she'd probably say "ehh, that's just lagniappe". If you look up poboy, it may either be listed as a poboy or a poor boy.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

I'm slacking today. I woke up feeling sick. My wife has been sick and as we all know, the best way to get rid of a cold, is to give it to someone else. I haven't eaten much... but I haven't had much water either. I'm about to fix a hot cup of thera-flu (yummy!) and relax. Y'all should know that as a guy, I'm dying over here. Y'all will never get as sick as we get.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm slacking today. I woke up feeling sick. My wife has been sick and as we all know, the best way to get rid of a cold, is to give it to someone else. I haven't eaten much... but I haven't had much water either. I'm about to fix a hot cup of thera-flu (yummy!) and relax. Y'all should know that as a guy, I'm dying over here. Y'all will never get as sick as we get.
Bless. Your. Heart. I feel for you. I really do. Suck it up,
Buttercup. You've got goals to make and weight to lose. Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself, eating Cheetos ain't the way those pants are going to loosen up.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

Last week was harder than I thought it would be. A blip down, then back up........and I caved. Very annoyed with myself. However, I did get back down so I have a 2 pound loss for the week. Keeping my goals the same with some small tweaking.

Goals for the week:
1. Drink 60 ounces of water daily
2. Workout at least 150 minutes a week
3. Log foods keeping macros in mind
4. Stay between 1000-1200 calories
Old 01-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Bless. Your. Heart. I feel for you. I really do. Suck it up,
Buttercup. You've got goals to make and weight to lose. Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself, eating Cheetos ain't the way those pants are going to loosen up.
I'm about to eat some white chicken chili, or whatever it's called. Pretty healthy.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
Thanks, Tori, for getting the thread started.
No problemo!

So, a quick introduction for those that don't know me. (this may be long. I apologize now)

I joined FitDay in November of 2011 when I was at my highest weight (that I know of). I was around 255 lbs. Not so great when you're 5'4 1/2" tall!! I had always known I was heavy, but never really cared. All of my blood work came back in normal ranges, so why worry, right? Well, one day (it was a Sunday, I'll never forget it) I got on the scale, looked down and said "no more". I don't know why I decided, all of a sudden, that I didn't want to be fat anymore, but I did. I joined FitDay that day. I logged my foods for that week, made better choices in those foods, and lost 10 pounds the first week. TEN POUNDS! I had never had that kind of success before. I didn't really add exercise in until later. I remember walking my first mile. It was brutal. It seemed to take forever. But I did it! I decided to stick with it. In roughly 6 months I dropped 75 pounds. I was the smallest I had ever been in my adult life. Hell, who am I kidding, I was smaller than when I was a teenager. I felt great about myself. I met BF (Mike may refer to him as WHN, what's his name) about 50 pounds or so into my journey and was still doing well. Then he was stationed in Germany (he was in the Army). At first I was all "I got this, he's just a guy. blah blah". Yeah. I was a BASKET CASE!!! I had never felt so alone, or miserable. It was all his fault, right? He did some kind of voodoo on me. I was still plugging away, doing my best to stay on the path to my goal weight. Then I plateaued. I couldn't lose weight to save my life. And it was the hottest summer I can remember, ever! I stopped walking every day. I stopped going to Zumba classes. Basically I just sat at home and moped. I gained 5 pounds back by the time BF came home from Germany in October of 2012. I was still doing okay, but didn't have the drive anymore. He came home and wanted all the good foods he had been missing. Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy, home made mac n cheese, etc etc. I won't lie, I baked a cake every weekend for the first 3 months he was home. So, I had to eat with him. I mean, I HAD to, right? So I did. I ate. I gained a little back. No big deal. I gained more back, and was like "hmmm, it'll be okay, he loves me." Cut to summer of '13 and I am back over 200 pounds and can barely move. I seriously thought I was dying. I was diagnosed with RD that July, and started meds immediately. I still didn't feel great but hey, now I had an excuse for being lazy. And that's what I was for over 2 years. I'm about 30 pounds shy of my highest weight ever and ready for a restart. I have NO excuse this time. I feel pretty good most days. I'm not in extreme pain like I was, just minimal most days. I know it will be harder this time, but I'm here to finally get it off and keep it off. I look forward to the journey with all of you.

BF and I have two dogs, a 4 year old Doberman/Dachshund mix named Boss. He's a 22 pound lover boy! And then there's Junior. He is our gigantic puppy. He's weighing in around 80 pounds now. He's a 9 month old German Shepherd. We decided to forgo having human babies (because we're getting to "that" age and because of my meds), so we focus on our four legged boys. I've always been a cat person, but these guys have changed my mind. They absolutely crack me up. BF and I also work opposite shifts and weekends are really the only time we see each other. It's often why I'm MIA on the weekends. We bought our first home together in February of last year and have many many plans to spruce up the yard. The first thing we need is a fence for the terror...I mean, for Junior. You'll also probably see me rant about his family from time to time. They're crazy. All of them. Well, except him....most days.

quinn--I definitely remember you from when I was active here before. You were in maintenance mode and I envied you for it. Sorry about the injury. I'm super excited that some of the people that were here before, are still here, or back. It seems kind of like a family reunion. (Mike is the crazy cousin we don't let people know we're related to )

epi--I also remember you. I don't think I was around long after you started in the forums though.

Lisa & Debbie--I look forward to getting to know y'all better as we battle this journey together

I miss Mern, Cassie, April, and Amy though.....

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-11-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm about to eat some white chicken chili, or whatever it's called. Pretty healthy.
Sounds good. Care to share the recipe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.