Community
Notices

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Old 01-07-2016, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

I guess it's time for me to update....

1: log it all!! M: Y, T: Y, W: Y
2: water, water, water!! at least 3 bottles M: Y, T: N, W:Y
3: keep calories to a minimum, under 1800 for the restart. will reevaluate when needed M: 1326, T: 1320, W: 1511
4: try not to yell at the doggies, even when they slam me into trees M:Y, T: Y, W: Y
5: lose 1 pound: down 3.2 for the week, crossing my fingers

Will see you folks later!!
Old 01-07-2016, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Holy Crap! Talk about old school. I remember quite a few on that tree, including myself. Does anyone know how long ago it was that Joanna stopped posting? I do miss her. And Mike, who was it you called Doll Face? Is she still around?
That was Terry (taubele) you probably recognize a lot of people from here >
FitDay Discussion Boards - Members List

Was Joanna jjrudd? If so, according to this, her last activity on FD was right at a year ago. FitDay Discussion Boards - View Profile: jjrudd
Old 01-07-2016, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

...There may or may not have been an impulse donut eaten around 3 this morning...
Hah! Beautiful line, Tori .

Originally Posted by libby135
...Where have you found good recipes?...
Wish I could tell you, Libby. I'm so NOT a cook. When I DO make an attempt, I just wing it, based on fleeting bits of info from TV or web browsing. Throw together stuff that sounds like it might work and hope for the best. Results? Usually somewhat edible. Haha.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
quick update. The scale is still being stupid, BUT STILL MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. 205.4#. That's down 5.2# in 36 hours. I'm going to keep plugging away!
I WANT your scale, Mike. Keep up the good works!

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
...Last night was Tuscan chicken with fire roasted and sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic, green peppers (not in the recipe but I added them), so it was super low cal and I served it over rice...
Sounds quite delicious, Lisa!

As for me, the soup was FAN.TAS.TIC. In addition, I was very pleased to discover that it is very filling. I'm usually very critical of my "cooking" but I must say I nailed it with this one. And I'm proud to say that, after indulging, I did the right thing. Researched all the nutrition bits, properly logged it, divvied the pot up into 8-oz portions and promptly froze most of them.

By the way, an 8-oz serving came out to 225 calories, ~2g of fat and ~368mg sodium. The bulk of calories came from the beans and, not surprisingly, the bulk of the sodium came from the ham. Nice note: there's so much content in the soup that the fat content is diluted. Overall, I'm quite pleased.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

epi, nice to hear the soup was a success.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

That was Terry (taubele) you probably recognize a lot of people from here >
FitDay Discussion Boards - Members List

Was Joanna jjrudd? If so, according to this, her last activity on FD was right at a year ago. FitDay Discussion Boards - View Profile: jjrudd
So Terry is no longer active? And I think jjrudd was Joanna. I'll have to shoot a message and see how she is.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

The quinoa recipe was a hit. DH said he would rather have it than spagetti.
Winner. My total calories for the day were under 800 if I don't do any snacking tonight. I am going to look for some more recipes on line.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
The quinoa recipe was a hit. DH said he would rather have it than spagetti.
Winner. My total calories for the day were under 800 if I don't do any snacking tonight. I am going to look for some more recipes on line.
I've never cooked quinoa, what does it taste like? I'm glad DH liked it too. I'm at just over 1100 calories for the day, supper was super low cal and super good. Looks like we've both had successes tonight!
Old 01-07-2016, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

I miss Mern too. I sent her a message, I haven't heard back. I hope she has her email notifications turned on, if not, she may have no clue about it.
I think there has been a glitch with email notifications. Mine is turned on, but for months, I haven't received an email notification when I get a private message. Then yesterday, after months of not getting notifications, I got a notification! Strange? Today, was back to the same....no notification even though I got a PM. So even if she has her notifications turned on, she may not be getting a email.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

So Terry is no longer active? And I think jjrudd was Joanna. I'll have to shoot a message and see how she is.
I've sent Terri a few messages over the past year and haven't heard back from her. jjrudd is Jenn, not Joanna.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, so glad to hear the quinoa was a success for both of you! Such a great feeling when all are happy!

I blew it today big time. I don't know how my transgressions are going to show on the scale for tomorrow's weigh-in. I'm just hoping for the best. I was seriously craving sugar, and man did I ever indulge. donuts in the afternoon and french toast for dinner. yikes! Good thing is I got that craving out of my system. I should be good for a while now. lol

Tomorrow I'll be on the straight and narrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.