Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16 >

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Community
Notices

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Old 01-04-2016, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. It's good to see so many familiar people back again. One name I don't see is Mern. Does any one know how she is doing?
Old 01-05-2016, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all Last night, I meal prepped some protein waffles for breakfast the next few days. The first batch I tried were a total fail! I tried another recipe and they looked decent so I packed them up for my breakfast. I just tried them and they were actually pretty good!! A little drier than the waffles I make for the family, but still really good! It's nice to try a new recipe with success....keeps me from getting bored with food

Libby - Another couple of people I haven't seen around for a long while is Terri and Bea. I did send Terri a few messages, but never heard back from her. I hope Mern, Terri and Bea join in again!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

My goals for the week:

1) log food/water yes
2) drink 100 oz of water a day yes (140oz)
3) drink a bottle of water BEFORE I eat a meal yes
4) lose 1 pound

I went for a walk last night with a friend, yes Tori, I have friends. It wasn't much, we did 2.32 miles in 37:38. A little behind my normal pace but still not bad for walking and talking.

My scale says I'm down 1.6 from yesterday but I know how stupid they can be. I'm not going to count that as a success, unless I FINISH the week down a pound.

Water, yes I had water, water and more water. Seven 20oz. bottles! I'll be happy if I can get in 5 a day. Well see how today goes. I'm starting bottle number 1 now.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by libby135
Hi all. It's good to see so many familiar people back again. One name I don't see is Mern. Does any one know how she is doing?
I sent her a message yesterday, no word back.

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Good morning all Last night, I meal prepped some protein waffles for breakfast the next few days. The first batch I tried were a total fail! I tried another recipe and they looked decent so I packed them up for my breakfast. I just tried them and they were actually pretty good!! A little drier than the waffles I make for the family, but still really good! It's nice to try a new recipe with success....keeps me from getting bored with food

Libby - Another couple of people I haven't seen around for a long while is Terri and Bea. I did send Terri a few messages, but never heard back from her. I hope Mern, Terri and Bea join in again!

Have a great day all!
Did you message them? Protein waffles seem to be hit and miss. I made some a couple years back that were decent. I think it had egg whites, protein powder and some oats to hold it together.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, your protein waffles reminded me of MIM's muffin in a minute that I used to make for breakfast. It was very good and filling and I will make them again. I remember Terri and Bea. I hope that they come back. I am so grateful to have found this group of wonderful people on the Fitday site. We will get to our goal weight with the support of our Fitday friends.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week are:

1: log it all!! M: Y
2: water, water, water!! at least 3 bottles M: Y
3: keep calories to a minimum, under 1800 for the restart. will reevaluate when needed M: 1326
4: try not to yell at the doggies, even when they slam me into trees M:Y
5: lose 1 pound M: -1 so far, probably won't hold but am clinging to it!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-05-2016 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

I was going through my old journal entries and found this. I actually cried while reading it because I can remember feeling that way. This was in May of 2012. I had met BF in March of that year and shortly after he was stationed in Germany to finish out his service. He came home in October of that year. It seems like a lifetime ago, yet just like yesterday.

I'm tired. Of everything. I'm tired of having to try so hard. I'm tired of having to constantly worry about what I'm eating. I'm tired of having to worry about whether or not I've exercised. I'm tired of being the one who's 35 and still single. I'm tired of always being the 3rd wheel. I'm tired of being alone. I know that I won't always be, it just seems that way right now. I just want to quit, and give up. And I'm tired of knowing that I let a man get me this way. I've never been a needy person until now. October can't come soon enough.

I still feel some of these emotions. I'm still tired of having to try so hard, of having to constantly watch what I eat, how much of it, and how much exercise I get in. It sucks, but it's my life. I'm no longer the 3rd wheel, no longer 35 (wish that I were!), and no longer single. We have a wonderful life together (minus his pushy and meddlesome family). We just bought our first home in February 2015, we have good jobs, and two wonderful furbabies. When he got home I got comfortable. Too comfortable. I gained back almost all of what I had lost. I won't blame him (Shuddit Mike!). It was my fault. I lost focus on myself and let myself slip into old patterns. Seems like we never stop learning. Time for me to focus on me again. I'm like Mike, all or nothing. It's time to give it my all again.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Old 01-05-2016, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
yes?
Old 01-05-2016, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

that was me shutting it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.