Motivation & Support 11/16-11/22 >

Motivation & Support 11/16-11/22

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 11/16-11/22

Old 11-16-2015, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Support 11/16-11/22

Hi, everyone! Are you all ready for a new week?!
Old 11-16-2015, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'm ready!! I didn't get up in time to do my new workout this morning, but am committed to doing it this evening. After yet another weekend of food and drinks (and fun with friends ) I'm ready to get back on track and make some progress!

Have a great day all!
Old 11-16-2015, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all. Lisa, thanks for starting us off this week. I was so glad to see a 2.2 pound loss on the scale this week. That's 24 pounds since Sept. 1st.
I am tempted to donate all my summer clothes but no body wants them at this time of year. I can only dream of what size I will be by next June. We will have to start another challenge in the new year for Summer.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
We will have to start another challenge in the new year for Summer.
Yes!!! Great idea!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

I don't think I am ready for a new week ..

The wheels really came off this weekend... I ate things I shouldn't have, drank things I shouldn't have, and it shows on the scale this morning... I am back in the 260's at 263.6# this morning... That's 2.4 pounds UP since last Tuesday......

I am losing motivation.. I NEED to keep at this - but sometimes it is SO incredibly hard....

I am trying to get back on the right track today... So far so good - but my attitude is bad...

I am doing what is called a 'steak day' in my diet plan. If I don't lose weight for two days in a row, on the third day I am supposed to eat nothing, except a 5 oz steak and apple at supper time.. Well this is day three of no weight loss, well in actuality it is day three of weight GAIN (for good reason) - so I am trying a steak day....

Tonight will be tough... Monday nights a group of men come over and I make them popcorn, peanuts, coffee to snack on as we visit...
Old 11-16-2015, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

I lost 2.4 lbs since last Monday! woohoo! I showed no loss on Friday, which I kind of expected because of the water retention and bloat, but today's weigh-in makes up for it.

Libby, great idea on a summer challenge! You are doing soooooo excellent with your consistent loss!

Brian, keep at it. Your motivation is going to peak and also get very low at different times through your journey. This is to be expected, I think, because it's a long road. Keep your head in the game. So you had a little setback. You knew you would since you had a rough weekend sticking to it, so now let it go and get back in the saddle. My concern is that you don't eat enough calories for a grown man of your size. By a lot. Maybe you should think about increasing your calorie goal? I used to try to do 1200, but I wasn't losing and sometimes gaining, so I upped it to 1700/day, and now I am losing consistently. Something to think about. A steak and apple sounds like I'd be starving and licking the paint off the walls!
Old 11-16-2015, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you Lisa... for the 2.4 pounds you lost.. I FOUND them I'm assuming don't want them back??

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou

Brian, keep at it. Your motivation is going to peak and also get very low at different times through your journey. This is to be expected, I think, because it's a long road. Keep your head in the game. So you had a little setback. You knew you would since you had a rough weekend sticking to it, so now let it go and get back in the saddle. My concern is that you don't eat enough calories for a grown man of your size. By a lot. Maybe you should think about increasing your calorie goal? I used to try to do 1200, but I wasn't losing and sometimes gaining, so I upped it to 1700/day, and now I am losing consistently. Something to think about. A steak and apple sounds like I'd be starving and licking the paint off the walls!

Trying to put the train wreck of a weekend behind me... ... I get so disgusted with myself...and angry with myself... I know better.. Now I am UP a couple pounds since last Tuesday.... This is NOT going to be a good week for me in the weight loss department...

Yes--- I am going to adjust my calorie goal... I have been right around 1000 calories per day.... (except for this past weekend ). I'll probably up that to 1,500 or so and see how that goes....... I do okay at around 1000... not dying of starvation or anything... I just have a tremendously hard time in the evenings... I eat, not because I'm necessarily hungry, but because I just feel like eating..... ....

Last edited by brian.dte; 11-16-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Brian, the biggest help for me is using the food log. I write in every thing I eat and drink,
every bit. My highest day last week was just under 2000 and my lowest day was around 750. It's best not to keep your calories consistently low and one high day a week beats the boredom of dieting.

Last edited by libby135; 11-16-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I tried out my new workout system tonight and it was good! It is much less intense than I used to do, but I think it will help me to get back into a routine and eventually build up to more intense workouts. So day 1 of 90....check!

Brian - Lisa and Libby have given you some solid advice....I don't have much to add except that different things motivate different people. Keep trying different things until you find your groove. It's not easy to lose weight, but it can be done....just don't give up! The weight is not going to come off on it's own and if you don't make changes, things will only get worse. I'm saying that as much to you as I am to myself....we all need a kick in the butt from time to time Glad you've decided to join us. Having a group of friends to check in with can help to keep you accountable and on track

Have a great evening all!
Old 11-16-2015, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going to be about 400 calories over my goal today. I haven't yet had a night time atkins/milk, but I ate dinner at 4pm and I know I will get hungry before the day is done. It wasn't any one thing that threw me off. Just a little bite of this and a taste of that that really added up fast. I had about 6 oz of apple juice, half a banana...both good things; however, it was 165 calories. I had a couple pinches of shredded cheese, which I estimated to be 1 oz--anther 110 calories. Not even worth it. And I had an oz of cheese puffs. Those I definitely should have done without (150 calories). And, of course, the soda. bad me. I'm going to undo the 2.4 lbs I lost this past week.

I tried another flavor of Shakeology today. I tried the Tropical Strawberry Vegan flavor. It was neither tropical, nor strawberry. I tasted it plain with just 1/2c of milk and 1/2 c of water with ice blended up. It tasted gritty and gross. I added 1/2 a banana. The only good thing about it was the banana. And the taste in my mouth didn't go away for a while. I had an atkins with milk instead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.