Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 11/16-11/22 >

Motivation & Support 11/16-11/22

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 11/16-11/22

Old 11-17-2015, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

It takes more calories to digest the steak than are in the steak. Interesting.
Follow your doctors advice and you will lose weight. I have 61 pounds to lose
and I don't want to be on meds for diabetes, blood pressure or cholesterol.
That is my main reason for losing weight and getting healthy.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Just checking in to say hello! I've been doing well and staying on track...trying to make up for the weekend like I seem to do every week I will be hosting another family dinner at my home this weekend for my daughters birthday. I'll be doing my best to stay on track in hopes that I make my Monday Diet Bet goal. I've hit the goal a few times...then the scale has bounced back up...then back down....so it really could go wither way I think! Time will tell

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 11-17-2015, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
I have 61 pounds to lose
and I don't want to be on meds for diabetes, blood pressure or cholesterol.
That is my main reason for losing weight and getting healthy.
I'm with you on the goal of no meds.. I have been on BP medication for years... I have reduced it some (and my blood pressure is sill fine).. I was taking a mild anti-depressant that I have been 'off' of for over a month now.... My cholesterol has always been good, my blood pressure has always been high... but I know I am headed for trouble with diabetes etc... My goal is to correct these issues WITHOUT medication....... And my goal is to be able to look at myself in the mirror, or see myself in pictures, and not hate myself and the way I look..... Many times I do not want to go out - simply because I feel terrible about myself...

Even with the 30 pounds I have lost so far, only 2 people have noticed that I have lost some weight..

So far so good..... Just need to keep at it.. I STILL have about 60 pounds to lose to be where I should be, although I think 40 pounds more would be a pretty healthy weight for me - at 220#.. I just can't imagine what it would be like to be at 220#

Last edited by brian.dte; 11-17-2015 at 05:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-17-2015, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

I had a bit....or a lot of.....a meltdown at dinner tonight. I'm so very tired of cooking for my family's tastes and not my own. Life would be so much easier if only they were more normal about their eating. I was typing adventurous but there's nothing I've asked them to be adventurous about! My husband was packing cantaloupe on my daughters lunch (before you all think he's an absolute angel, please keep in mind that we both work full time and try our best to to balance out the responsibilities at home)...anyway, I was on my way out the door, already late for work because I needed to put my daughters hair up (lice is going around the school...how fun!)....k, so I'm already late, I say the cantaloupe has been in the fridge a while and I wasn't sure if it was still good. He asked how he would know if it was still good, so I said take a little bite. He looked at me like I was from another planet and said 'eww, I don't eat cantaloupe!' K, maybe he didn't say the ew part so tonight I'm making a separate dinner for the kids and I'm making garlic shrimp for my husband and I. Normally it's plain white rice that he eats with it and I'll have a veg and a small bit of rice. Well tonight I suggest we have rotini pasta with a nice light sun dried tomato, garlic and olive oil sauce. He shakes his head, no, he wants plain rice even though he had it with dinner last night and with his lunch today. WTF! I'm the one cooking every single meal and he won't even indulge me and eat some frickin' pasta! It's not like I'm even suggesting a vegetable to him....its frickin' pasta!!!!

.....Ahem...k rant over....just needed to vent. I'm just so tired of thinking what I can feed my picky family and what I can feed myself to reach my weight loss goal. I wish I could just take a pill that satisfied my nutritional needs and took away any hunger so I don't have to think about food, buy food, plan food or track food!

......k, for real this time, I'm done ranting

Last edited by lildebbieg; 11-17-2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Typing on an iPad is not easy...;)
Old 11-17-2015, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Brian and Libby, I'm trying to stay off bp meds and any meds for diabetes. I'm not full-blown diabetic yet (I haven't had my A1C tested in a while though), but I am pre-diabetic. I lost 50 lbs once before and got my sugar levels down to a normal range, so I know I can do it again. As for bp, it's always elevated, and I don't want to get to the point that I need meds. Same with my high cholesterol. Good eating habits can cure a lot of ailments. I already take enough daily meds for my psych issues (that good eating can't cure), and I don't want to take any more pills. We're all on the right path.

Debbie,
I'm so sorry you have a picky family. I can't even imagine how hard that would be to be the cook and never get what you want. I say make it, and if they don't eat it they can go hungry! It won't kill them to skip a meal...or eat freaking pasta! But maybe it could make a point that you are in this family as well and your needs and wants matter just as much as theirs.

I'm doing well for today, mostly. I had about 1/2 oz of doritos, and 1/2 cup of last night's high calorie but delicious dinner. Other than that I am on track. I plan on having a light dinner of 1 c of spaghetti, sauce with ground sausage, and mozzarella cheese on top. It won't be very much food, so I will need to eat slow and savor. Then I have on my log to allow myself another atkins/milk tonight. I've been allowing for them, but I'm rarely actually needing them, which is a good thing. We'll see how tonight goes.

I have to do some grocery shopping tonight. Although I am the opposite of Debbie and my family is game for almost anything, I still struggle with what to make for the upcoming week. If I had an unlimited budget it might be easier, but I don't. I usually buy for 2, maybe 3, chicken dinners, a pasta, a meal with more expensive meat or ingredients, and 2 or so "cheap" dinners. It's a struggle for me to figure things out each week, and I'm tired of being the only one who plans. I ask what they want and they say, "I don't know." Maybe I should serve a plate with a note that reads "I don't know" on it. Let's see how they like that. lol

I've gained back the great loss I had this past week. We'll see how my Friday ends up.

Debbie, how is your exercise today? I skipped my exercise while it was "that time" and I was in so much pain for 4 or 5 days, now I don't have the motivation to do it again.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

In my kitchen you have two choices, take it or leave it. Fortunately for them
they like what I cook. I modify my meals by eating less starchy carbs and smaller portions.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

I went to aqua fit last night and it was quite a work out. My whole body is sore today and my weight is up a pound. Grrrrr. I am going to try to get some exercise every day so Tuesday aqua fit won't be so tough. It bugs me that my weight is up. I would have thought that burning calories would have made me lose weight, at least half a pound. What experience do you have with exercise?
I am going to quilters guild today and I am five pounds lighter than what I was this time last month. Do you think any one will notice? We don't meet in December so by January meeting I hope to be down another ten pounds.
Maybe it's the clothes. If I had new clothes than maybe some one would notice. By January I will need some new clothes for sure. I decided to get rid of my summer clothes and not keep any thing that is too big on me. I never want to be size 18 or XL again. I must be into size 16 now and I have some smaller sizes in my closet. I need to get some house work done before the guild meeting. Have a good day.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie: WOW - sounds like you are having a tough time.. I am so sorry.. Sounds like you are in a state that I was in at the end of last week/weekend.. Sometimes don't you just want to give up??? ...

I am doing well again.. Seem to have gotten into the swing of things again. Yesterday was a very low calorie day - and I had extra exercise since I was doing to renovation work in a basement for three hours last night. I am BACK OUT OF THE 260's - weighed 258.6 this morning. Let's see if I can STAY THERE this time...

Going to be some touch days ahead.. My wife is leaving tomorrow morning and will be gone to Monday Night. Meal all my teenage daughter activities and attitudes are to be dealt be me alone.. I do a lot of the cooking anyway - so that won't be a huge issue - time could be a bit of an issue - and when I'm short on time it's sometimes hard not to sacrifice convenience for health..

Last edited by brian.dte; 11-18-2015 at 04:18 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
I am going to quilters guild today and I am five pounds lighter than what I was this time last month. Do you think any one will notice?
I am HOPING for you that someone notices - isn't that great motivation when someone notices?

I was hoping last night someone would notice I lost some weight. I met with a couple of guys that I have not seen for well over a month - so I was expecting (hoping) someone to notice that I lost a few pounds.. but...... no.... .. I guess guys don't talk that much about such things....

O well - my belt buckle has noticed. I had to install two more holes in it last night - and I am still using the tightest hole - which is about 6 3/4" tighter than the one I was using a month and a half ago.. That feels good!
Old 11-18-2015, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

You've been talking about people noticing weight loss--and I consider it sort of a personal subject. So it requires a certain amount of closeness before someone will say something about my weight, or I will say something about somewhat else's weight. It's like crossing a boundary.
My mother said something, but otherwise, no one has said anything, not even my husband. But when I asked him, "Do you think I've lost weight?", then he says, "Yes, actually".
Another friend just asked whether I've been running.

I would never comment on someone's weight unless I knew them really well--I would consider it rude. I hated it when my mother-in-law would comment--it was just none of her business

Anyway, I don't care if anyone comments--I know how I look

I'll post more soon

Debbie, I can't stand pickiness from my family--I hope they're glad anything at all is ready. Usually it's not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.