Notices

Motivation & Support 9/28-10/4

Old 10-03-2015, 10:12 PM
FitDay Member

I am up at 5:45am because I can't sleep, just reading your posts. Thank you Debbie for the post about the cookies. I feel good because I didn't have any.
I have been visualizing how I will look next summer If I stick to my diet and that is better than any darn cookie or pie are cake that you could put in front of me. Remember that sugar is the enemy. It is every where even in foods that you would not expect.
I have a problem with hosting Thanksgiving dinner and preparing a lot of foods that I consider off my diet right now. My husbands side of the family will be coming over and they are all big eaters. I have suggested that we have dinner at my mother in laws and every one bring a dish or two but that didn't fly so now I am stuck with the whole deal. It will all work out but I am annoyed and not Thankful. Do you have any ideas for healthy menu items that I can make
or even a web site with better options that won't break my calorie limit?
Old 10-03-2015, 10:45 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, I put up a few links to a low carb biscuit recipe and some veggie side dish recipes. Here's the thread.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Sort of. You know me... I did it to correct scale so it would look right. I measured out a flag and changed the size, keeping the same ratios (if that makes sense). Then I went into photoshop, got an image of an American flag, scaled it up, cropped the stars. Cut out poster board to the same size as a sheet of paper. Printed the stars (only could fit a handful pf stars on a standard size sheet), then cut them out with an X-acto knife. I used that as my template for the stars. The stripes were taped off with painters tape.
Sounds like a lot of work.

I did something similar but less exacting to put up images of scenes from Winnie the Pooh for my DD's baby room many years ago. I made copies of pictures from the book, blew them up, copied them on tracing paper and put them on the door panels of her room and painted them.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Don't do it Libby!!! Just think about how bad you'll feel after!! Think about how bad you'll feel when the scale reacts to the cookies!! Is it worth it??? Really worth it??

This is so cute.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I was so bothered by the comments from my kids last night that I actually dreamed about it! I dreamed that I told my sister what the kids had said....that I look so different now....and she went off on me telling me of course you look different, I mean look how f*t you are!! I hate that f-word! She would never be so mean... not sure why she was so mean in my dream! LOL! Gotta shake it off right!

Again my day has not been nearly as productive as I'd hoped. I did get a meal plan together for the next couple of days...planning to do another mini-prep on Wednesday for the remainder of the week. It's already 2:30 and I'm just about to hit the kitchen to get things started. I know once I get back into this type of routine, it will get easier...but right now it feels like a lot of work!! That's okay though...right? Nothing worth having comes easy as they say.

Hope - Glad to see you posting today! How are you feeling? Has the fibro flare subsided?

Libby - Proud of you buddy! Those cookies have nothing on you!! I feel ya with company coming for Thanksgiving. We'll have house guests the long weekend. It makes it so hard to stay on track! We just have to do our very best to keep our goals in sight. What do you normally cook for your Thanksgiving dinner? Maybe I can find some healthy, but yummy recipe alternatives for you.

Lisa - I'm so interested to hear what you think of the infused water! I'm lucky I suppose because I like plain water, but I would love to try some infused water...it could be a nice treat!

Vicki - I'm looking forward to the next challenge as well...this time I'll be starting AND finishing it with you!

Have an awesome evening all!
Old 10-04-2015, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

No cookies have crossed these lips thanks to my buddies looking out for me.
Debbie, don't let peoples comments get you down. Shake it off.
Thanksgiving is usually turkey with dressing, scalloped potatoes and three kinds of vegetables and two salads. For dessert we usually have two store bought pies and ice cream. I could eat the turkey white meat, vegetables and salad and skip the dressing, potatoes and dessert. Every one loves my scalloped potatoes so I can't change them. Thanks Lisa for the recipe link.
I am going to take some time looking at the site later tonight. I had some
Italian wedding soup for lunch and now my fingers are swollen again. I need to drink more water and hope that helps. Other than that things are going well today. Have a good week end all.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

I wanted to post more today but the computer kept throwing me off.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

I had a 6" Subway sub for dinner tonight. I forgot to put the roast in this morning. It will be ready tonight and we'll have it tomorrow. My sandwich was 620 calories, which fits in with my target, but I know the cold cuts have way too much sodium so I need to prepare myself if I see a spike in my weight.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Question mind if I chime in here?

Hi,

I find it very difficult to lose weight, especially when trying to accomplish ANYTHING else. Once I begin to restrict calories, my body decides it's time to shut down. I have NO energy and don't feel like doing anything except lying in bed.
The only thing which has ever worked for me in the past is fasting or juice dieting. If I am hungry, and I start eating, I can't stop anymore--I don't binge, just eat a normal amount with maybe a little extra, but it's not a diet.

I feel for those of you on here who are experiencing physical pain from being overweight. I keep pulling muscles in my calves when I run, partly because of the extra weight I'm carrying around.

I also was not sure if I belong here, since I don't have as much to lose as some others...but I do know how hard it is, and I applaud all of our efforts to get healthy.
I'm 43 years old, 143 lbs, and I want to drop some weight so that I can wear any of my clothes again---I'm sick of looking like a bag lady.
I'd like to keep track of my progress here and motivate others on here as well.

I've been a member of Fitday for at least 20 years, but have never posted in the forums before (edit)

Last edited by dschefer; 10-05-2015 at 04:58 AM. Reason: join date is not accurate
Old 10-05-2015, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
I have a problem with hosting Thanksgiving dinner and preparing a lot of foods that I consider off my diet right now. ...... Do you have any ideas for healthy menu items that I can make
or even a web site with better options that won't break my calorie limit?
Libby - I'm always on recipe sites. I will take a look around and see if I can find one with some lightened up dishes. And way to 'toss your cookies' so to speak! I read somewhere that the more you overcome a craving, the less powerful the craving becomes in the future.

Debbie - RE: Your kids comments - Kids just don't think sometimes. Of course it's not just kids. But don't let them get you down. Let's face it, people age and change over time whether they've got a weight problem or not. It's just a natural part of aging. I posted on another thread how some woman made a comment that my face looked older since I lost some weight. It's times like those when goal-setting is most beneficial, because when others say things that take the wind out of our sails, we can look back at the goals we've set and what we've already accomplished. Hang in there. You are doing great. Don't let others bring you down.

Rosabella - It's nice to meet you! Wow... you've lost over 120 pounds. That is wonderful. Congratulations to you. I bet you feel like a new person and I can hear the pride coming out in your post. You should be proud. That is quite an accomplishment. I will be going to the doctor in 2 weeks for the for the 1st time in 8 years. I know...I know... I should be getting regular check-ups but I was so disgusted and embarrassed by the weight I had RE-gained I just put it off. I know the doctor has the responsibility to read me the riot act b/c of my weight but I hope she at least recognizes what I've accomplished since March. Right now I'm on a high since I've seen some success with my weight loss and I don't want to leave there deflated and depressed. With my weight being what it is, I've worried about diabetes myself. I'm sure that's something the doctor will check for during my physical. So nice to meet you. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing you post.

Lisa - Way to eliminate the soda. When I first began this diet back in March, soda was something I missed most. I cut it out but I was craving that fizz to my drinks so I just got some seltzer water and added that to my Crystal Light Lemonade mix. Now I just cut it out completely and don't really miss it at all.

I weighed in today for the week. I lost another 3 pounds which brings me down to 311. I have 2 scales. One is the digital scale that talks. I like this scale best because it shows weight in 2 tenth's of a pound increments, but I also have one of those tall Drs scales where you slide the bars to set the weight. With every 50 pounds I lose I get to slide the big bar down to the next 50 pound notch. That means that once I lose 12 more pounds (bringing me to 299, I will get to slide the big bar from the 300 mark, over to the 250 mark. I call those my "big clicks". It's really motivational for me.

Have a great day everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.