Motivational thread 1/26-2/1

Community
Notices

Motivational thread 1/26-2/1

Old 01-27-2015, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplybea
What a crazy blizzard here!!

Id tell you what the weather was like, if I could see across the street!

30-45cm of snow and winds gusting to 90+ k/hr
You know, working from home means no storm days, however, I had a safe trip across my living room floor, to the "office"

The number of people that will be storm stayed today, cause managers insist they show up, will be substantial!

I am very grateful for my position
I heard our beautiful East Coast is getting slammed with a terrible storm! Glad you don't have to commute! I work from home 1 day a week and truly appreciate it! Wish I could work from home all week...but I'll take the 1 day they allow it
Old 01-27-2015, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Quick post because I'm at work and they are killing me. theybrought in cheesecake yesterday, and a peanut butter pie today - and a bowl on peanut M&M's. I resisted yesterday but the pie is a big weakness. Also feeling discouraged because scale did not go down - UGH I know it fluctuates, but I just thought at least starting out it would drop a little faser.

Thanks Vicky for the receipe , I am going to try it

Annette and Mern - hope you are feeling better. Men do seem to whine when they are sick and expect us to cater to all their needs. My husband is the same, but when I am sick - no sympathy - lol

Bea- so lucky not to have to go out in this weather. We did not get too much snow, but cold and windy.

Mike- I eat an apple Mon-Fri at work around 4:00 pm. I call it my 4 o'clock apple. It helps tide me over til I get home and can make dinner.

Have a good day all
Old 01-27-2015, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I'm glad you have one day a week when you can work at home.

Lynda, I was feeling sorry for myself having to fight off the inclination to visit the new bakery that just opened 1/2 mile up the street. That's way easier than your having to resist the goodies at work! I'm rooting for you! You can do this! Or if you choose to indulge to get the monkey off your back, think about your disappointment in the scale not going down enough and maybe can you make it a really small slice of pie. Thanks for your well wishes. I'm feeling better today--just don't have stamina for being on my feet very long all at once, but I think I'll feel fully recuperated tomorrow after some good nutrition today. I've got bragging rights on my husband--Sunday he fixed me a big thermal tumbler of ice water when I didn't want to touch anything in the kitchen. Oh, I almost missed that--great idea to eat your 4:00 apple!

Mike, do you do sweet things for your wife when she's not feeling well?
Old 01-27-2015, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Lynda, that's a good idea. My wife picked up some red delicious the other day (because they were on sale). I couldn't make it through the whole thing, I forgot how nasty red delicious are. I noticed we now have some Galas, I should be back in business now.

Mern, I try to be but you know women never get sick.

My brother treated me to lunch, I had a salad and minestrone soup. I guess I can could the salad as fiber but I'll probably have an apple too.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

C'mon slackers, lets list some goals and rock this week out!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

The last time I was really sick, they kept me in the hospital for four days. Time before that my family fell apart because I wasn't able to take care of them. Yes, they really did fall apart. My son rolled the car and had to go to court.

Mern, the fever has three possible causes:
  1. First and most likely is the tooth.
  2. Second and possible, is some sort of virus. I hope not because I was visiting a preemie in maternity on Sunday and in Children's Hospital on Monday
  3. Third which is possible because I stress when driving in the city, is just stress. I get a little freaked when I drive over the bridges or go through the tunnel. I took the tunnel just as a massive ship was going overtop.

Mike, I'm a woman, so I have the right to let you be a real man. For now!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
My goals, if you care to join me

NO added Sugar! (if it is a whole food in its natural state - fair game)

NO processed foods - Bread is the exception, because I haven't made any this week, so I have English muffins for Breaky (With my eggs)

Anything currently in my house is safe to eat:

Bread - whole grains
Whole grain pasta (though I'm kinda MEH over it)
Apples
Bananas
Strawberries
Lettuce
Cucumber
Tomato
Onions
Garlic
Eggs
Cheese
Dried Kidney Beans
Canned Tomatoes
Potatoes
Turnip
Carrot
Corn
Beans
Peas
Whole Chicken
Chicken Breast
Talapia
Sole
Salmon
AND (Yummy) HOT Italian sausage!!!
Butter
Sharp Cheddar
Parmesan

OH OH OH OH OH ... and COFFEE!!!! (I will kill you, if you come between me and my coffee)

If I can't find anything to eat in this awesome list of foods, then I'm not hungry!

So I suppose a goal COULD be to clean out the fridge and cupboards

Final goal for the week .. Celebrate my awesome self turning 51 on Friday!!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

thanks for all the encouragement. I did have one bite of the pie. I cut a section so small - the best bite is the first anyway. I did have 8 M&m's but when I went to log them is said 10 calories each so that did it for me. I no longer saw M&M's, I saw that number 10 and a waste of my calories - lol

Debbie - I checked out those videos and did a 10 minute power walking with Jessica Smith. It was great and I could modify them for starting out.

Mike - I cut my apple with a slicer into section and it takes out the core. I find it easier to east then biting into a whole apple.

Bea- I'm with you on the coffee, but only in the mornings on these cold evenings I have been trying tea or just water. That list sounds like a lot of good healthy natural foods.

thanks everyone you helped me make it through the day.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LHall1965
Debbie - I checked out those videos and did a 10 minute power walking with Jessica Smith. It was great and I could modify them for starting out.
So glad you found something you liked! I really find that Jessica is down to earth and offers good solid advice. You should also check out fitnessblender...the have a youtube channel and their own website. They too offer lots of variety! On their site, you can chose your fitness level. You'll find very solid advice from fitness blender....nothing gimmicky!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm a break the rules kinda girl If I set goals, I see them as boundaries and it back fires. Just gotta wing it yet keep the goals in focus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.