Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Old 01-17-2015, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

I just got cut off again but I am not going to let that stop me. It is wonderful to see so many people on here. We are united in our cause to lose weight and keep it off. My sore throat is a bit better and I have more energy today. I walked for half an hour on the treadmill and I have some light weight work to get done. I hope that we all have a good week end.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Just a quick check in. My husband and I were both on the run...in different directions....this morning with the kids. Back home now and just about to go empty my daughters room to start painting it.

After my small loss yesterday, I stepped on the scale this morning and was shocked by a nearly 5 lbs. gain! I'm sure it's mostly water weight...but sheesh! I back to where I started 2 weeks ago. I really need to stay diligent with the water....I'm sure it helps to stave off these water weight fluctuations.

Have a great weekend all!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

Despite being on track and exercising, I had three days of plateau and then a one pound gain :unimpressed:
Ah well, still averaging pretty good. Will have to bump up the exercise I think.

Happy Saturday all!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

Roxy, the 1lb gain could just be water fluctuation. I bet it comes right off in the next day or two.

Debbie, what color are you painting her room? Sorry to hear you had a gain after doing so well. Just like I said to Roxy, I bet it's going to come right back off this week.

Libby, glad to hear you are feeling better!

Annette, Sorry you are having such problems w/ meds and the tooth.

Things are going well for me, or at least the same. I'll go with it.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Sunday all! Today, I'm preplanning my meals for the week and prepping the meals I take to work with me. I found a yummy Salisbury Steak recipe on skinnytaste.com The mushroom gravy is yummy! That's definitely on my lunch menu this week!

Lisa - We're painting her bedframe a bold raspberry colour. The walls will be a pretty pale pink colour. It still goes well with the bedding I made a few years back, so it will just freshen up her room. I also found a sweet wall mural that is a tree with colourful leaves and a sweet little owl sitting on a branch. It will add some interest and whimsy to her room. Once she outgrows the mural, it simply peels off without any residue, so if the walls are still in good shape by that time, we can just change it up again.

Have a great day all!

***grr...this getting logged out repeatedly is really annoying***
Old 01-18-2015, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

ok - not so great last night. Went to the club and had eaten dinner before so tried to be good, but had a couple of drinks and the scales were not happy with me this morning. I was ok on the calories (logged them) but hoping I am just retaining some water. Going to drink extra water today and going to start some exercise not sure what yet.

Don't want to start out the week in the hole. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-18-2015, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

It's my wonderful, fabulous, handsome boyfriend's birthday today. I asked him for special requests on what kind of cake he'd like... he said "something full fat! Not a low-cal version of cake"... he's always so wonderful at eating whatever healthy meals and treats I make, so that's a legit request

I made Nigella Lawson's Nutella cake... OHsweetGODDESS. It's not as sweet as I expected but it sure is calorie dense!! 1/18th the cake is like 350 cals. It's full of Nutella, butter, cream, frangelico, and hazelnuts, so that's why. It sure was delish... tracked it and enjoyed it and happy to jump on my exercise bike tonight

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
***grr...this getting logged out repeatedly is really annoying***
I know, right!?? It's happening to me too and it's driving me batty :bat:

Originally Posted by LHall1965
Don't want to start out the week in the hole.
It's better to start the week in the hole than end it in the hole! You have all week to eat clean and drink water and work off your indiscretions